Mel Kiper 2016 mock draft 4.0 (4/6/16) Dolphins pick | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mel Kiper 2016 mock draft 4.0 (4/6/16) Dolphins pick

Tiko377

Active Roster
Reaction score
13. Miami Dolphins (from Philadelphia)

**Darron Lee, OLB, Ohio State

Lee offers tremendous upside, and I think a smart defensive coordinator will find him extremely versatile. He's an explosive, blitzing threat who is great in space and will grow into an above-average coverage linebacker. Athletes like this are special, and Lee has the instincts to go with that raw ability.

Other notable players that i know the board was interested in went.

Eilliot #6
Hargreaves #14
Jackson III #25
Apple #26

He's a converted safety, I see him as a hyrbid MLB due to his frame. Definitely a good MLB that can probably drop into coverage, but I cant see us picking him especially if Hargreaves is still on the board

I like Lee, he's a solid prospect . I wouldn't be crazy mad if we drafted him .

But I don't think it's happening

VH3 is the pick if the chips fall that way. CB greater need than OLB, although I would not be opposed to the pick.

Unless Myles Jack (which is not happening) is there, we are taking a DB with our first round pick. No way around it.

VH3 is the pick if the chips fall that way. CB greater need than OLB, although I would not be opposed to the pick.

Not sure they like the fit with VH3 at CB, evn if on the board. I do think he is more NFL starter ready than the others and that could aid the selection as Miami needs a day 1 cb if possible.

I still think Eli Apple, but I agree with another poster that if could easily be defensive end. I like Kevin Dodd as a possibility over Shaq Lawson because I think he'll be the better pass rusher of the two.

My wildcard pick is still a defensive tackle. I feel pretty strongly that the BPA may end up being a DT at #13. The draft is loaded there and Miami could get really good value. Not to mention Miami didn't get much at that spot opposite N. Suh. I hope Phillips can develop, but why not hedge your bets there?

In another thread, it was stated that M homas said the D was vanilla. Further, it was stated that the emphais for LB's would shifted from blitzing to coverage and tackling.

If so, Lee would be a great pick.

That said, I think the phins would do well to mirror the stealers who believe in having a dominant front 7 and adequate secondary.

I still think Eli Apple, but I agree with another poster that if could easily be defensive end. I like Kevin Dodd as a possibility over Shaq Lawson because I think he'll be the better pass rusher of the two.

My wildcard pick is still a defensive tackle. I feel pretty strongly that the BPA may end up being a DT at #13. The draft is loaded there and Miami could get really good value. Not to mention Miami didn't get much at that spot opposite N. Suh. I hope Phillips can develop, but why not hedge your bets there?
I don't disagree that we may look at DT, but isn't there great depth at that position? I haven't really watched them yet but I have heard that.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom