Mel Kiper Chat Forum on ESPN right now.. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mel Kiper Chat Forum on ESPN right now..

fishfan34

2008 AFC EASTERN DIVISION CHAMPIONS!
Reaction score
SKIP (UNION SC) : WHAT ARE THE DOLPHINS CHANCES OF LANDING JAY CUTLER?

clear.gif
Mel Kiper: (1:15 PM ET ) Where they're picking, that's a possibility. That could be right where he goes. But Arizona is at 10, Detroit at 9 could be interested. QB is a priority for both those teams. Miami's other need area is OG, S, WR.

He said our needs other than QB is OG, S, WR??? We need a tackle worse than a guard (a guard would be good too) and we are not in NEED of a WR. We could do fine with what we have. You might call WR a WANT, but definetly not a need.

interesting, I was looking at some mocks earlier today and those were my exact thoughts..will he slip past the Cards and Lions.

I guess i'm hoping we pick up a center in Free Agency and keep Hadnot at Guard. I can dream can't I? lol..

We need a LB, CB, S, WR, OG, OT, QB if you want to describe our needs.

- Obviously probably two of these can be filled via free agency (QB needs two one FA and one draft pick), but that leaves still I'm guessing LB, CB, S, WR, OT, and QB draft pick. Based on number of picks that's fine, however I can't say that we can really bank on a contributor that late in the draft always.

Jaj said:

- Obviously probably two of these can be filled via free agency (QB needs two one FA and one draft pick), but that leaves still I'm guessing LB, CB, S, WR, OT, and QB draft pick. Based on number of picks that's fine, however I can't say that we can really bank on a contributor that late in the draft always.
If Nick and Randy can pull off the same kind of draft as Nick did last year it will be sweet. If our top 3-4 picks can contribute in a successful manner that would be huge. Plus like you said, who we pick up in Free Agency. It's just a great feeling to have such optimism and trust in the people making these decisions for once..

Jaj said:

That's a lot of needs? LOL. Makes you wonder how the heck we finished 9-7. I think WR is the least of the "needs". We can get by with who we have and/or pick up a decent one in free agency. The front office will be busy for sure this off-season. Should be pretty exciting for us fans.

PaleAle Express said:
I would love to see Max jean-Gilles sitting there when we picked in the 2nd. Won't happen, but I guess I'm dreaming.

It could I mean it's not ridiculous.

Most teams do have plenty of needs. I'd say a Jonathan Orr would be perfect in the mid rounds, about 3rd round to be exact. That way you can line-up Chambers, Booker, Welker, Orr, and Gibson and absolutely piss off defenses with speed.

PaleAle Express said:
I would love to see Max jean-Gilles sitting there when we picked in the 2nd. Won't happen, but I guess I'm dreaming.

That's what I'm hoping for as well. It could happen. Everyone thought Elton Brown was a fairly high pick last year, and he fell as far as the fourth I think.

ghost of marino said:
That's what I'm hoping for as well. It could happen. Everyone thought Elton Brown was a fairly high pick last year, and he fell as far as the fourth I think.

Guards fall all the time. CBs with exceptional speed rise. Often good CBs fall or ones that had bad tests(Poole). Gs fall commonly, WRs seem to stay even, QBs are difficult to predict but often are pulled in from the 2nd to the 1st, or down all the way to the 3-4. It's happened plenty of times the last few drafts. QBs really don't go in the 2nd very often lately.

Back
Top Bottom