Mel Kiper on Espn | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mel Kiper on Espn

If Saban takes Whitner, it's a value/versatility pick. Whitner can play both safety AND corner. Remember, he was recruited as a corner and played CB at OSU before moving to S. He has great coverage skills to go along with his great speed and physical nature. I think 16 is a little high for him, but i can see reasoning behind the pick if it comes to fruition. I like Whitner a lot better than Youboty.

Whitner would not be a terrible pick at all. He's the hardest working player on Ohio State. Hawk and Carpenter both have said that Whitner watches game tapes before and after practice, and usually takes a couple tapes home to his apartment to study. He's always prepared for his opponent.

Plus, he's probably the 3rd hardest hitter in the draft (behind Huff and Bing), but is the smartest.

culpepper2chambers said:
well id like the pick.........any chance he is there in the third?

No.

But I don't know if 16 is too early for him or not. Depends on where everybody has him on their boards.

I like him. He's insane - a quality I like in a safety.

On ESPN they say one of his weaknesses is that he will take on anybody, anytime... and that he has to learn when he is overmatched and not take them straight up.

I grew up in Seattle area and, even though I was a Fins fan (lived in florida until I was 7) I LOVED watching Seattle games just to watch Kenny Easley.

I would kill to have a maniacal hard-hitting safetly like that on the Dolphins - I think it would put our defense over thetop even more than a top cornerback or D-lineman.

All that said, 16 may be too early for him.

nopony said:
No.

But I don't know if 16 is too early for him or not. Depends on where everybody has him on their boards.

I like him. He's insane - a quality I like in a safety.

On ESPN they say one of his weaknesses is that he will take on anybody, anytime... and that he has to learn when he is overmatched and not take them straight up.

I grew up in Seattle area and, even though I was a Fins fan (lived in florida until I was 7) I LOVED watching Seattle games just to watch Kenny Easley.

I would kill to have a maniacal hard-hitting safetly like that on the Dolphins - I think it would put our defense over thetop even more than a top cornerback or D-lineman.

All that said, 16 may be too early for him.

well that sucks considering we dont have a 2nd round.

He wouldn't be there in the mid 2nd either. This guy is a mid/late first to very early 2nd round pick at the latest.

PSU Cane said:
If Saban takes Whitner, it's a value/versatility pick. Whitner can play both safety AND corner. Remember, he was recruited as a corner and played CB at OSU before moving to S. He has great coverage skills to go along with his great speed and physical nature. I think 16 is a little high for him, but i can see reasoning behind the pick if it comes to fruition. I like Whitner a lot better than Youboty.

If Saban takes Winter I will do my pateneted throw something at the TV move that I perfected under Wanny.

I'll let you all in on something....Mel doesn't have a clue as to who will pick who after about pick #10. :wink:

Roman529 said:
I'll let you all in on something....Mel doesn't have a clue as to who will pick who after about pick #10. :wink:

i agree b/c only waht 2 weeks ago it was hill? what on earth happened that it changed drastically from a 16th player to go to higher then that?

Majpain said:
CB is a very deep class this year.

Yes however it's not an elite class at the top...

The elite class as the top this year might RB.

After the top 7 there seems to be a drop off, similar to 2004(GREAT DRAFT THOUGH).

Majpain said:
CB is a very deep class this year.
People keep saying that but I don't really know much about players past the first two rounds, can someone here name a couple guys we can look at in the third round and beyond for the secondary?

Remember, Madison and Surtain were second and third round picks respectively. You don't need a top ten pick to get a good corner.

Greg Blue from Georgia. This kis is a beast! Hits like Roy Wiliams. should b there in the 3rd.

Back
Top Bottom