mel kipers mock draft | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

mel kipers mock draft

finfan54 said:
ummmm, he was an instant impact. He came from a small football school. Only difference is Vandy's team sucked. Cutler is showing people what he is made of without the talent around him. Thats why he is rising. Thats why people are willing to take guys like Cutler now without thinking twice because of guys like Rothlisberger. Im sorry i had to explain that. :goof:

Well, if one QB in the past couple of years had success right off the bat, obviously it's a safe bet that all QB's after him will have the same success. Sorry that I now have to point out my own sarcasm. :goof:

SMadison29 said:
Cutler & Ben are two different types of QBs coming out of college. The extent of their similarities is their big arms. Ben was/is more accurate & makes much better decisions.

Agreed. Ben also has much more variety in his game, in changing pace and loft to fit the situation plus moving around to create a passing lane. Cutler is basically a backwoods gunslinger.

Damn, I wish I could have been in charge in 2004. Admittedly, I'm normally better at isolating QBs who will flop (Couch, McNown) than I am at picking the best one. But that year was an exception. I thought Big Ben was better than Eli and Rivers wasn't even in his league. If we hadn't made the idiotic trade for Feeley, we might have had enough ammo to trade ahead of Pittsburgh and grab Ben once he slipped. The 3 or 4 teams immediately ahead of Pittsburgh obviously didn't need a QB.

SMadison29 said:
Smart money says Cutler won't get past the Lions or Cardinals. Kiper is on the money for that one.

I would be slightly shocked if the Lions took Cutler. Remember they just named TB's DL coach as head coach. For that reason, i think they take the best defensive player on the board...I hope!

I think cutler could go as early as 6 to the raiders, so 9 or 10 is very plausable. If by some chance he does fall past 10, I don't think there is any way the Ravens pass him up. They are done with Boller and may be ready to bring in a new face at QB, although there is a lot of speculation that they will try for a Vet FA instead.

MiamiFan1354 said:
I think cutler could go as early as 6 to the raiders, so 9 or 10 is very plausable. If by some chance he does fall past 10, I don't think there is any way the Ravens pass him up. They are done with Boller and may be ready to bring in a new face at QB, although there is a lot of speculation that they will try for a Vet FA instead.

Boller showed promise in the last three games of the year. I do not think they take him. The Raiders however...

MiamiFan1354 said:

I think Cutler could go as early as 3 to the Titans knowing that their staff has been working with him all week. Happened last year with Caddy.

Ravens will NOT take a QB in the 1st. Billick needs to win now. They don't have time to teach a rookie, they'll be bringing in a vet to compete with Boller. Plus Billick has been stripped of his offensive playcalling duties by the Ravens owner.

The Raiders are a strong possiblity, especially if Whisenhunt take the HC job, but they also need serious secondary help.

PressCoverage said:
i saw all i needed to see of Ben in person against USF in 2003... the real deal

anyhow, like my signature says, we should take a mid-round flyer on Eastern Washington's Erik Meyer...

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player/profile?playerId=127528

I don't think that it would be advisable to put the future of the franchise in the hands a 'mid-late round flyer'. And before you start talking about the Tom Brady's of the world......think of all the mid-late round QB's who have never won an NFL game.

burger13 said:
I don't think that it would be advisable to put the future of the franchise in the hands a 'mid-late round flyer'. And before you start talking about the Tom Brady's of the world......think of all the mid-late round QB's who have never won an NFL game.

I agree, its not as easy to find that "diamond in the rough" as some of you suggest.

Finfanforever said:
I would be slightly shocked if the Lions took Cutler. Remember they just named TB's DL coach as head coach. For that reason, i think they take the best defensive player on the board...I hope!

Marinelli being a defensive coach will have little/nothing to do with who they draft. Just think back to 1 year ago....3 new head coaches, all defensive coaches, draft a QB, RB, and WR in the first 3 picks of the draft.

burger13 said:
Marinelli being a defensive coach will have little/nothing to do with who they draft. Just think back to 1 year ago....3 new head coaches, all defensive coaches, draft a QB, RB, and WR in the first 3 picks of the draft.

Good point, wouldn't that be something if he stole Simms form Gruden. Doubtful yeah I know.

kitt23 said:
is it me or is this guy stupid, he had cutler going to the lions at the 9th spot, dont u think the fans will kill them for getting more offense when they clearly have no defense.
Who does kiper have the fins taking?

burger13 said:

I would agree with you but... the last 2-3 years the Lions spent all their #1s on offense. I still say they go defense and get a vet. to compete with Harrington.

About Big Ben,

Very few Rookie QBs are given the reins to the NFL's best rushing attack in the past 10 years.

For the fact that the the studs on offense are the RB, improving OL, and shutdown defense. I'd draft Cutler and waive goodbye to Gus. Letting the rookie grow into the position is the way to go.

Back
Top Bottom