Merged 2x: Brunell, Henson might have deals/Brunell 7 year deal? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged 2x: Brunell, Henson might have deals/Brunell 7 year deal?

I hope its us with henson, but me thinks its not. If not lest pray its not Barfalo!!!:cry: I thinnk the kid may be special and loosing A rod to the yanks, brunell to the skins and henson to the JILLS would be more than I could take.

Mark (glass jaw) Brunell for an $8 mill signing bonus AND a 3rd round pick? They can have him.

I know what the reports are saying, but I have to believe Ramsey and his agent will start pushing HARD for a trade. Brunell's contract is reportedly for 7 years. While there is no way he will play that long if he gets a $6-8 million signing bonus they will keep him 3-4 years. That is too long to keep Ramsey on the bench.

As for Henson I would rather have Ramsey unless we could get Henson for next year's 3rd. Hopefully the Steelers are the team after Henson. That would take them out of the QB hunt on draft day.

Well, let's not get ahead of ourselves with Henson. All that article said was that some team came forward and offered enough compensation to start talking. From what I've read, the way the Texans are handling this, that's like the cover charge to get in the door to the club. It doesn't mean you get to take home the hot chick with the big rack and tight a$$.

Um, anyway, back on topic...

The valuation for Henson is all over the board right now, so it seems unlikely that the first offer that comes in is going to be acceptable to all sides. Frankly, I'd feel much better about someone else setting the market and letting Spielman decide whether the Phins are willing to give up that much.

My guess is that the team who offered the pick for Henson is a team that wants to speed up the process of getting him before other teams have a shot. I could see it being someone like Buffalo because they know that they aren't going to be Henson's first choice.

Brunell 7 year deal?

It's rumured that the skins are going to give him a 7 year deal. How can Ramsey stay on the team if thats the case. I think this is setting up for ramsey to be traded. Hopefully we as an organization will get off our asses and do something about this one

Lets hope Pitt is going after brunell. They are the only ones I'm worried about taking Rivers before us.

I don't know about the 7 year deal, but I have heard that Ramsey's agent is meeting with Skins owner on Friday, and if the Brunell deal is close to being done, he will try to "push the hand" of ownership to make a trade happen.

Ramsey's going to be traded. Count on it.

BTW, 7 year deal is nothing in the NFL. It's just to circumvent the cap. Jerry Rice signed a 7 year deal at age 40.

Just read it's close to a done deal. 7 years? wow. So I guess this means we'll go after Ramsey now, hopefully.

Like I previously posted in another thread a while back...I wanted to get Brunell but if the Skins are giving up all that for him...great because I'd rather have Ramsey...I never thought that Ramsey would be an option but now...he might be and I would love seeing Ramsey in a Fins uniform next season...I'd rather have Ramsey for sure over Brunell...Go Fins!!! Let's make the Skins an offer they can't refuse!!!

Re: Brunell 7 year deal?

Originally posted by Phins34
It's rumured that the skins are going to give him a 7 year deal. How can Ramsey stay on the team if thats the case. I think this is setting up for ramsey to be traded. Hopefully we as an organization will get off our asses and do something about this one

It is only for cap purposes anyway. brunell won't last that long.
Anyway, here's something more of interest tho.........

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/sports...ns/wednesday/sports_04235d1391ea41e70018.html

Brunell and Henson Might Have Deals; Neither With Dolphins

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/...eb18,0,2635661.story?coll=sfla-dolphins-front

Brunell, Henson might have deals

By Alex Marvez
Staff Writer
Posted February 18 2004

The Dolphins appear to have lost out on the bidding for one quarterback and may be headed toward that same fate with another.

CBSSportsline.com reported Tuesday night that Washington is "a few minor [trade] details away" from acquiring Jacksonville quarterback Mark Brunell for a 2004 third-round draft choice. Brunell, who had received significant interest from the Dolphins, is expected to then sign a seven-year contract extension.

Back
Top Bottom