Merged 2x: Brunell, Henson might have deals/Brunell 7 year deal? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged 2x: Brunell, Henson might have deals/Brunell 7 year deal?

With Henson we need to keep in mind that he can determine whether he wants to go to the interested team or not. He might think he can start this year and doesn't wish to sit behind Drew Bledsoe or Brett Favre for a few years. It also makes Miami a preferable destination for him. It actually works out better for us in the Henson sweepstakes if Brunell signs with Washington. We become that more desirable to Henson.

Miami doesn't have the draft picks to make a serious run at either player. Neither are worth a 1st round pick. Any draft pick Miami would have to give up would have to be 2005. There are too many holes to fill in this years draft to give anything up. Besides the obvious QB, Miami also needs future OL and at leat one WR to compliment Chambers.
I just have feeling that Fiedler could be back next year unless Miami can get their salary cap so far under that they can afford someone like Couch, Warner or Feeley and at the same time finding 2 OL.

This is actually great news IMO....:D

Now we can go all out for QB P. Ramsey. I think Ramsey would be foolish not to demand a trade, and Miami is the perfect fit. He'd be coming to Miami as "The Starter" no questions asked....

If Ramsey isn't an option, we should just stick with Fiedler, and draft QB P. Rivers at #20.....

Either way we win IMO. Neither Brunell or Henson are anything special IMO, and Henson wouldn't be starting this year anyway from what I've read. He'll need time to shake off all the rust he's collected over the last two years.....

YES TO RIVERS!!!:m83:

PHINZ RULE!!!:pirate:

Rivers. This situation is working out well.

Brunell to the Redskins. Henson to Bills/Steelers/Packers. Ramsey to Steelers.

Shove Roethlisberger and Manning in the mix.

And we come out of it with Rivers

I hope Ramsey makes it real clear to them that he doesn't want to be there and the skins allow him to leave....like as in "I won't do s--t for you so you might as well let me go before other 'problems' surface with my throwing hand/arm...."

Back
Top Bottom