Merged 2X: Dolphins, Cowboys, and Chargers are Also Talking Trade for Brunell | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged 2X: Dolphins, Cowboys, and Chargers are Also Talking Trade for Brunell

relive1972

Premium Member
Reaction score
Dolphins, Cowboys, and Chargers are Also Talking Trade for Brunell

http://www.jacksonville.com/tu-online/stories/020804/jag_14760852.shtml

"San Diego, Miami and Dallas have joined Washington in discussing a first-day pick with the Jaguars for Brunell, according to a league source who did not want to be named because of NFL tampering rules."

Miami's apparently not out of the running for Brunell yet. And if Brunell has a say in where he'll be traded, he knows he can go to Miami and start with little or no QB controversy. If he goes to Washington, there will be a controversy for sure with Ramsey in the mix, something his agent Leigh Steinberg said Friday that Brunell wants to avoid.

all right, now if we do get brunell, we have to give up a pick. whats it going to be? the first or the third? If we could get Brunell for the third pick, i would be all for it. I would still pick rivers though. screw his QB controversey crap, you cant take competition from a rookie, then you shouldnt be playing.

If they would take a third or even two 3rds (assuming we get a 1st and 3rd for wally) I would grab Brunell. Get Henson for next years 1st and grab Clayon and Carey in the first. Stll pretty good. If we are talking picks for Brunell I also bet wally days are numbered.

No first please

If we spend a 1st round pick to bring Brunell in I must admit I will be LIVID. I'm afraid that will be what it takes to get this trade done. If Wash is offering a 2nd already...

Spending a 1st round pick on a 34 year old QB is a big mistake.

No first this year for Brunell, maybe next year. ANd stop assuming that we will get a 1st and third for Ogunleye. He might be retained...

Big decision has to be made because we still need to groom someone for the future and not a John Dutton, Josh Heupel type....:lastyr:

Yea and if he goes to Dallas there will be no controversy at all.

This is getting ridiculous!

I wouldn't give up any pick for Mark Brunell!

A first round pick? Are you kidding me? Let him go somewhere else. Especially if it precludes us from getting Rivers or Henson..

Brunell is 34 years old. Let's try not to operate in panic mode just because ESPN floats a trade rumor out there.

If the Redskins are truly stupid enough to deal a 2nd for a 34 year old qb who didn't even start last year...let them.

Re: This is getting ridiculous!

Originally posted by RHoffman
I wouldn't give up any pick for Mark Brunell!

A first round pick? Are you kidding me? Let him go somewhere else. Especially if it precludes us from getting Rivers or Henson..

Brunell is 34 years old. Let's try not to operate in panic mode just because ESPN floats a trade rumor out there.

If the Redskins are truly stupid enough to deal a 2nd for a 34 year old qb who didn't even start last year...let them.

Great post!!!

Brunell is not worth giving up a draft pick for, espicially a first day one. If the Redskins offer a 2nd round pick for Brunell, do NOT try to beat them. Let the Redskins get Brunell if they are dumb enough to give so much for him.

Exactly what I was going to say. No way we should give up a First Day pick for Brunnell. He struggled past two seasons, and is not even the best FA QB out there. Plus we have other pressing needs.

I have to agree with you guys. No way should we give up any picks for him and a first day pick? That'd be so stupid.I'm also tired of giving up the next year's first or 2nd round pick. Damn it, lets keep our high picks for a change cos the other way around is not working.

Ozzy rules!!

I would trade a 4th rounder at the most.................and I am the Brunnell for QB campaign manager.......

Play hardball Mr. Spielman..............

Brunnell isn't even the best FA/possible Cap Casualty QB out there, so no way we should give up those type of picks.

Gibbs has been out of it for a long time and hes drove up the price. Im pretty sure Jax were content with a 3rd rounder at best

Yeah, forget Brunell. I'm telling you guys, we've got to do whatever it takes to get Rivers because he could be the starter next season. I honestly believe that he could come in and, at the very least, do better than Feidler. He's our future. The future is now. PICK RIVERS!!!

Back
Top Bottom