Merged 2X: Dolphins, Cowboys, and Chargers are Also Talking Trade for Brunell | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged 2X: Dolphins, Cowboys, and Chargers are Also Talking Trade for Brunell

Originally posted by dreadlockera
If they would take a third or even two 3rds (assuming we get a 1st and 3rd for wally) I would grab Brunell. Get Henson for next years 1st and grab Clayon and Carey in the first. Stll pretty good. If we are talking picks for Brunell I also bet wally days are numbered.

This is the best option i have heard so far!!! I TOTALLY AGREE!!!!

Originally posted by aquaattak
No first this year for Brunell, maybe next year.

Uhh, no. You would trade a 2005 1st for Brunell? That would be pretty terrible.

or even two 3rds (assuming we get a 1st and 3rd for wally)

First of all, O-Gun would have to sign with a team. THEN, we'd have to wait a 1-7 days until we're sure if we'll match or not. You think the Jags are gonna wait that long? I don't. The 2 3rds are more than likely out of question.

I'd still take Ramsey over Brunell any day of the week.

Damn this sux, Bruneell is hardly worth signing, much less trading a pick for!! I sure hope someone else gets him, this would put alot of pressure on the Dolphins FO to do what it takes to pursue a solid top notch QB, and not rely on damaged goods.

If they would take a third or even two 3rds (assuming we get a 1st and 3rd for wally) I would grab Brunell. Get Henson for next years 1st and grab Clayon and Carey in the first. Still pretty good. If we are talking picks for Brunell I also bet wally days are numbered.

This is a great post, great idea although I'm not to sure that either of these guys will be available come time for us to pick?

I like the Idea of getting Brunell for two thirds, alot of guys don't realize that this is more than some banged up 34 year QB. This is an investment in the orginization.

This guy has a cannon with laser point accuracy.
He can slide in the pocket.
He can read Defenses and coverages.
Has all the intangibles.
Is a field general.
Would be a great mentor for the quarterback of our future.
Is a locker room leader.
Would provide some hope and a fresh change in the orginization.
Getting Brunell most likely means Fiedler will never start in a Miami Uniform ever again.

Not to mention he's a hell-of-a-nice-guy. Personally I think he's worth a second round pick, and as it would appear - I'm not alone ;)

Originally posted by MARLINSFAN305
Gibbs has been out of it for a long time and hes drove up the price. Im pretty sure Jax were content with a 3rd rounder at best

That's what I've been thinking. IMO, I'm really not sold on Brunell ending up in Washington. I think Jacksonville is playing this thing perfectly. A week ago, they were going to eat a bunch of salary and release the guy. Now they're looking at potentially a second round pick for a 34-yr old QB.

It looks like Brunell will cost someone a pick. I wouldn't go any higher than a 4th. Really sucks that it's coming to this. But you cannot overpay for a 34-yr old QB. You cannot morgage the future. If we were New England and had a glut of picks, that would be one thing. But draft picks in Miami are at a premium. So we must be smart and frugal with them.

I think Washington will end up backing down (if they've offered a #2). And I doubt it's even a #2. Probably a conditional #3.

I posted in some other thread a conditional 2005 third rounder sounds about right for the guy.

Re: This is getting ridiculous!

Originally posted by RHoffman
I wouldn't give up any pick for Mark Brunell!

A first round pick? Are you kidding me? Let him go somewhere else. Especially if it precludes us from getting Rivers or Henson..

Brunell is 34 years old. Let's try not to operate in panic mode just because ESPN floats a trade rumor out there.

If the Redskins are truly stupid enough to deal a 2nd for a 34 year old qb who didn't even start last year...let them.

i wouldnt give up any picks for Brunell either. i have rather us rebuild.

I would not give up a 1st or 3rd rounder for a guy is only going to play for 2 years then retire and doesn't want any young competition!

Check this out--4 teams seek Brunell-We may give #1

We may give up our first to get him..What?

4 teams seek Brunell

Last edited by a moderator:
We had better not give up our first round pick. Oh man I'll be pissed.

Re: Check this out--4 teams seek Brunell

Originally posted by MDFINFAN
Brunell, who said he intends to retire in Jacksonville, has said he wants to continue his playing career in Florida but is interested most of all in being a starter again. Steinberg said this week that Brunell's first choice as an unrestricted free agent would be the Dolphins.

DAMN YOU GIBBS!!!!!!!!!!! DAMN YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Re: Check this out--4 teams seek Brunell

Originally posted by Section126

DAMN YOU GIBBS!!!!!!!!!!! DAMN YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No DAMN the PHINS for even considering this..

Well, that happens, forget phillip Rivers. in fact, i have already decided we wont be getting him cus Dan was fond of him and not spielman. He we go, givin up first round draft picks for guys. oh well, at least we know who brunell is.

I think Rivers would be awesome in the near future and not the distant future.:cry:

Back
Top Bottom