Merged 2X: marion and mcknight released/Marion too | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged 2X: marion and mcknight released/Marion too

dolfan91

Class Clown
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
marion and mcknight released

where the hell are we now cap wise.. seems like spielman is going on a cutting purge... someone help me.. lol!! i can't believe spielman is running things.. i bet if it was wanny.. we still would be in cap hell ... so where do we stand now with marion and mcknight cut...

Yes! Cap Jail.......look at the names being released as compared to the past few yrs. BIG difference

I'm not suprised. Marion has played well for us in the past but is clearly not the player he once was and is getting older.

Now we just need to cut Knight and we will have 2 young, fast safeties.

Im a big Brock Marion fan, But he is getting to slow. We need new blood at the saftey position. More speed

Thank You Rick!!!!

B. Marion has been a huge weakness in the secondary over the last few seasons IMO. This is a great move by Rick....

The only thing that bothers me is not getting anything for him. Afterall, he did make the PB this year. You would think that he would be worth something in return.....

Oh well....I'm very happy!!!:D :D

PHINZ RULE!!!:pirate:

I love Sammy! Did you see that fight he started against Philly that was classic agression which we need.He still has it but I do like the fact they cut Marion.Draft Sean Jones (UGA prospect) he could start right away.

Originally posted by Bodzilla29
Clump, you can parallel this cut with Reuban Brown's.....you can read into that.

Only we cut a much smaller contract.

But we didn't need to cut him. Bills are already cap compliant

I just want to salute Brock Marion... that guy was a class act and one of the best FA pickups we've had in the last decade...

Re: marion and mcknight released

Originally posted by DOLFAN91
where the hell are we now cap wise.. seems like spielman is going on a cutting purge... someone help me.. lol!! i can't believe spielman is running things.. i bet if it was wanny.. we still would be in cap hell ... so where do we stand now with marion and mcknight cut...

Mostly what i'm thinking now is that none of these cuts have been a real surprise yet. All of them have been talked about as possible cuts anyway, but I'm thinking the "selective" process of cutting these guys is that he's thinking that they will not be in a great demand come fA and we'll be able to sign them back even cheaper perhaps. We'll see!!

Originally posted by finregime
I love Sammy! Did you see that fight he started against Philly that was classic agression which we need.He still has it but I do like the fact they cut Marion.Draft Sean Jones (UGA prospect) he could start right away.

That was fricking stupid and unprofessional of him! Crap like that from him and Seau that game (remember Ogun even giving Seau the riot act once) gave up several personal fouls (15 yarders, 1st downs) and kept their drives going and helped give Philly the game. Instead of being so ready to fight maybe they should have concentrated on playing the game so the Defense wouldn't have missed 24 tackles that game!!!@!#$! We need aggression......but not stupid emotions causing them to lose focus!

Back
Top Bottom