Merged 2X: marion and mcknight released/Marion too | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged 2X: marion and mcknight released/Marion too

Originally posted by clumpedplatelet
Yes! Cap Jail.......look at the names being released as compared to the past few yrs. BIG difference

What names? We all pretty much expected this. Marion's being cut more for his play then for his cap #. Marion flat out blew this past year missing many assignments. They didn't even talk about a restructuring.

We saw this one coming yesterday. And it was indeed time to move on. But it still kinda "hits you", ya know??

And yes, big ups to Brock Marion for all the great memories and years of service. Good luck to you man. :)

No chance of re-signing him like we did a few years ago? If not, then I think this was also a move to show Rosenhaus and Freeman, that they are serious about him starting at Free Safety....I'll be sad to see Brock go. He is still better than most FS out there in FA. Thanks for everything Brock, I will miss you. (Can't speak for everyone else here)

Now get rid of Madison and sign Winfield.Yo Clump;How much money Winfield seeking ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by VanDolPhan

What names? We all pretty much expected this. Marion's being cut more for his play then for his cap #. Marion flat out blew this past year missing many assignments. They didn't even talk about a restructuring.

Not only that but these moves look more like freeing up money to make a run at some good players not get out of a hole like he implied.

seriously, why is there a Bills fan here ???

What have they done in the past decade ??

:billsbite

They took their chances twice letting Marion test FA and he came back, so it's not like there wasn't a chance to lose him in the past, the market wasn't there for safetys but had it been he would have been gone a few years ago.

One thing to also keep in mind, I know that most of us would prefer the picks but all these cuts could be helping towards keeping Ogun. If that is the case would you rather have Ogun or Marion, McKnight, Griese, Perry and Ruddy.

Re: Re: marion and mcknight released

Originally posted by DeDolfan

Mostly what i'm thinking now is that none of these cuts have been a real surprise yet. All of them have been talked about as possible cuts anyway, but I'm thinking the "selective" process of cutting these guys is that he's thinking that they will not be in a great demand come fA and we'll be able to sign them back even cheaper perhaps. We'll see!!

It still comes as a suprise to me because all this crap we are doing should have been done LAST YEAR!!.....This would have made it alot easier for us to DUMP MADISON and not even think twice.

Also yeah Wanny has been known to cut a guy and then resign him lower because even Wanny knows there will not be a BIG demand but I have been to 4 other Team Sites and Ruddy has been a topic of all 4 of them.

ITS ABOUT TIME!!.....Bring out the gang....:band:....ya these guys rock.

I too shall miss the presents of Brock, but the D needs to get younger and faster. I hope AF paid attention, it's his turn.

Originally posted by jbond

That was fricking stupid and unprofessional of him! Crap like that from him and Seau that game (remember Ogun even giving Seau the riot act once) gave up several personal fouls (15 yarders, 1st downs) and kept their drives going and helped give Philly the game. Instead of being so ready to fight maybe they should have concentrated on playing the game so the Defense wouldn't have missed 24 tackles that game!!!@!#$! We need aggression......but not stupid emotions causing them to lose focus!

I agree with you so much it hurts. These "veterans" had to be put in there place by Ogun...cut Seau and Knight to keep Ogunleye!

Unless his cap hit is around 2 million the first year, I still don't see Miami signing Ogun. Unless the demand for him is really small

Originally posted by Dol-Fan Dupree
Unless his cap hit is around 2 million the first year, I still don't see Miami signing Ogun. Unless the demand for him is really small

IF were freeing up 1.8 million for Ogun's RFA tender already why not cut Seau and Knight to free up 2.5 million(not counting .65 in bonuses!). Seau and Knight are bad in coverage, how much worse will they be w/o Ogun putting on QB pressure? Heck, put D. Bowen's 1.2 million in the mix and we have 6.15 for Ogun and any FA replacements for Knight and possibly Seau (LB Moore getting 1rst shot at Seau's job).

Brock I also thank you for all your blood, sweat and tears, throughout the years...

God speed in all your endevours...

Back
Top Bottom