Merged 2X: Mods stop being ridiculous... and relax... and wow | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged 2X: Mods stop being ridiculous... and relax... and wow

Atilla, I've looked at your warnings, I took one away which was a borderline infraction but the other 4 points were definately warranted.

What we're trying to do here is make this site as kid friendly as we can for a football site. It's not easy because we have a lot of adults who feel we are too restrictive but, we aren't going to change our way of doing things for a few people who feel they can't communicate without cursing or being hateful to other people.

There are so many other sites you can go to that would be more than happy to allow you to say whatever you want, unfortunately this will not be one of them.

When you're here, it our rules that are in effect.

I hope you choose to respectfully continue posting here but, I certainly understand if you feel we are too restrictive because, quite frankly,we are....and that's what makes this site one of the biggest and best fan sites out there.

All kidding aside. I think the mods do a very good job. Every single post (Well especially in the lounge or POFO) has the ability to affend somebody somehow. The mods have to keep this a respectable place where EVERYBODY feels comfortable to come, and enjoys the atmosphere. The mods have warned me a few times when I stepped over the line. I took my lumps and moved on. I had it coming, I stepped over the line and I am a better man for it. My advise, go onto the next topic and just let it go man, just let it go.

That's it, that's what most people do...... they take the consequences and move on, never to hear another word about it...

:smackhead

I almost forgot, if you want to talk smack with your football, go to the Depths of the Sea forum....It's about as hardcore as it gets in there.

Very very very few rules...basically, it's just no weapons allowed.

inFINSible said:
Atilla, I've looked at your warnings, I took one away which was a borderline infraction but the other 4 points were definately warranted.

What we're trying to do here is make this site as kid friendly as we can for a football site. It's not easy because we have a lot of adults who feel we are too restrictive but, we aren't going to change our way of doing things for a few people who feel they can't communicate without cursing or being hateful to other people.

There are so many other sites you can go to that would be more than happy to allow you to say whatever you want, unfortunately this will not be one of them.

When you're here, it our rules that are in effect.

I hope you choose to respectfully continue posting here but, I certainly understand if you feel we are too restrictive because, quite frankly,we are....and that's what makes this site one of the biggest and best fan sites out there.

Fair enough, at least someone who is explaining rather than just calling me a child because I raise a question.

And I completely understand the need to moderate and have the filerts and what not, completely understand. My small problem was that in posts that are in miami dolphins discussion, I really dont feel as if I am outwardly going out of my way to try and offend or attack anyone...its just part of the debate.

I do not know what the lounge is like, I really dont post on here much outside of the Dolphins forums, and I dont plan on leaving for another site, I was just curious as to why at times you guys seem to be restictive/warning for things that I believe dont deserve it.

Then again, everyone has their own discretion, and it really isnt bothering me that much, but I do feel better posting/talking about it. :)

I do think its funny some older members post "down" upon me just because they are 2x my age, when they are the ones who look foolish.

Atila said:
Fair enough, at least someone who is explaining rather than just calling me a child because I raise a question.

And I completely understand the need to moderate and have the filerts and what not, completely understand. My small problem was that in posts that are in miami dolphins discussion, I really dont feel as if I am outwardly going out of my way to try and offend or attack anyone...its just part of the debate.

I do not know what the lounge is like, I really dont post on here much outside of the Dolphins forums, and I dont plan on leaving for another site, I was just curious as to why at times you guys seem to be restictive/warning for things that I believe dont deserve it.

Then again, everyone has their own discretion, and it really isnt bothering me that much, but I do feel better posting/talking about it. :)

I do think its funny some older members post "down" upon me just because they are 2x my age, when they are the ones who look foolish.

dang kids.... :goof:

Atila said:

It seems you answered your own question, and always keep in mind that sometimes, the person you see being warned was involved in stuff in the past, sometimes repeat offenders are given less leeway than a first time offender.

Atila said:

What I think you fail to realize, is that it was explained to you.
go back and read Muck's post.
I'm happy to see you're finally satisfied, I just wonder why you decided to make such a mountain out of this molehill.

WharfRat said:
What I think you fail to realize, is that it was explained to you.
go back and read Muck's post.
I'm happy to see you're finally satisfied, I just wonder why you decided to make such a mountain out of this molehill.

because i've been warned numerous times for what i consider harmless posts.

but you see... going about it this way is not how you do it.
One of the posts was hardly "harmless".
The other, was questionable, but wouldn't it have been easier on everyone if you had simply PM'd a staff member and asked that it be looked into?
Calling the staff out publicly usually doesn't sit well... would it with you?

cnc66 said:
legend has it six pm's to Wharf will get it done...

:chuckle:

Atila, my brother, just enjoy the site, abide by the TOS and everything will be cool. Our 'Fins play on Thursday. You do not want to miss out on all the great talk that will be going on around here. It's going to be a great season. :wink:

WharfRat said:
but you see... going about it this way is not how you do it.
One of the posts was hardly "harmless".
The other, was questionable, but wouldn't it have been easier on everyone if you had simply PM'd a staff member and asked that it be looked into?
Calling the staff out publicly usually doesn't sit well... would it with you?

just to set the record straight, i got extremely frustrated because they merged the thread and i thought they deleted it. its over with now though, we can let this die.

Back
Top Bottom