Merged 2x: Nice Little Article on Saban by Hyde | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged 2x: Nice Little Article on Saban by Hyde

don't forget to tell Hyde that you liked the article. Email him!! You see when all we do is complian then nothing happens, if he gets praise then he might keep writing articles like this. The Fire gets the water, so let him know !!!

Great read. Good Job

I liked this:

"That speech had a tremendous impact on me, psychologically, in how you think about games, look at opportunities and how you present them to players," Saban says. "[They are] not presented with fear or what might happen bad but as a great opportunity for something great to happen."

This is in stark contrasts to Wanny's defeatist philosphy.. that why I think the Dolphins fell apart when something bad happened.

Makes you wonder how amny of those great pick ups the Patriots had were Saban and not the "brilliance" we attribute to NE front office.

mfja9977 said:
Hey, Pat Fan. Thanks for your unneeded input. You can keep your opinions to yourself on your teams site.

By the way your little run of success is over.

And Brady sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:shakeno: Dude...get a grip! Good comment from an enemy w/ a ring. Until we have one I suggest we tread lightly...even on our own board. :wink:

Excellent read. This part gave me goosebumps.

But don't bet against him. And don't look too hard at his high-round picks, as important as they'll be. Here's a story: Immediately after the 2004 draft, while coaching Louisiana State, Saban called up his friend and former boss, New England coach Bill Belichick.

He named two undrafted LSU players: defensive back Randall Gay and linebacker Eric Alexander.

"You'd be crazy not to sign these two," Saban told Belichick.

Alexander played special teams as a Patriots rookie last year. Gay became a starter for the Super Bowl champs. And the kicker is this: Gay didn't even start for LSU. He played as the nickel back. And one of those he played behind was Travis Daniels, whom Saban took in the fourth round last month.

From a coaching and talent evaluation standpoint, you can't help but be confident in Saban. This quote just fuels that notion for me.

Muck said:
Excellent read. This part gave me goosebumps.

From a coaching and talent evaluation standpoint, you can't help but be confident in Saban. This quote just fuels that notion for me.

Agreed!

Another thing that gave me goosebumps was the fact that Nick recommended 2 players and BB listened...and they made the superbowl team.

I know I'm a homer, but I am really excited about our prospects for this team. Not next year...but long term.

I feel that NS is looking at the team from the long term perspective. And we are in for the ride of our life... :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfja9977
Hey, Pat Fan. Thanks for your unneeded input. You can keep your opinions to yourself on your teams site.

By the way your little run of success is over.

And Brady sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol little run????

even if the run is over the pats along with the cowboys are the only teams to ever win 3 of 4 sb's

but I dont think the run is over, not with what they have done this offseason to bring in key FA's.... oh and ill take our sucky brady over aj or gus anyday...... :lol:

PhinKev said:
Makes you wonder how amny of those great pick ups the Patriots had were Saban and not the "brilliance" we attribute to NE front office.

some were due to nick's input but the pats front office is hands down the #1 in the NFL these days, with the draft, free agency, they are the class of the NFL and other orgs are trying to copy them....

it could change because scott Pioli will probably be a GM somewhere in the near future.....

patsdynasty said:
some were due to nick's input but the pats front office is hands down the #1 in the NFL these days, with the draft, free agency, they are the class of the NFL and other orgs are trying to copy them....

it could change because scott Pioli will probably be a GM somewhere in the near future.....

Somehow, in your mind, I doubt the loss of any coach/office guy/player would affect the Pats' status as the "dominant" franchise. :shakeno:

Back
Top Bottom