Merged 2x:O-gun/OGun wants to be traded/Screw Ogun/Trade Ogun | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged 2x:O-gun/OGun wants to be traded/Screw Ogun/Trade Ogun

Phins34

Favorite Player: Sammy Smith
Reaction score
O-gun

Let's just cut him. Im sick and tired of hearing him complain..cut him and get rid of him. I wouldnt want anyone on the team who doesnt want to be here. Who cares how good he is, we can do just fine without him

It's just posturing at this point. Ogun feels like his prior agent did not do a great job and he is trying to score big now with Drew Rosenhaus. I don't blame him for trying to get the big dollars now - he's had 25 sacks over the last two years.

I believe this thing will resolve itself prior to training camp. In any regard, I don't view this as a problem for the Dolphins unless it does drag out until they get to training camp and he decides to hold out.

"Cutting" O-Gun would be the dumbest move ever[/i]. I'd rather draft Fletcher, Yatil, & Avery again in 2005, 2006, & 2007.

You could probably get a 2005 1st for Wale, but I'm in favor of paying the man what he's worth.

Oh Lord, here we go. We hear this every year with a player who wants more money. Last year when Zach was hesitant to restructure his deal before he finally did, we heard "trade Zach", "cut Zach" blah blah blah. PLEASE!!!

As soon as Wally signs a long term deal with us you will all be saying "Way to go Ogun", and "Allright Wally, way to stay loyal" and such. The same thing happened with the Zach situation last year.

This happens EVERY friggin year. Just be patient, we will sign Wally.

This could get ugly. I hope something gets done soon. I don't want this drama dragging on throughout training camp.

You know what, I bet his desire to play in Chicago would totally dissapear if we offered him a long-term deal. He will be a Fin and he will be happy.

I don't believe zach ever stated publically that he would sit out 10 games only to get the minimun free agent status so that he could spurn the team the following year. Did he? Don't compare apples and oranges please.

Too little too late Wale. Only way we'd trade him to the Bears is if they offer Kreutz or Urlacher...which WON'T happen. Ogun is just blabbing his mouth off right now. Hopefully this will be settled before training camp.

He's worth at least 3 million a year. Not much more. He's not going to get 8 million dollars a year like Jason Taylor because frankly, he dosent deserve it. If we offer him 12 million dollars for the next 4 years, he should shut up, take it, and be happy. I want him here, but he's just really getting annoying. I hate it when players think they more valuable then they are. Reallity check O-gun, the other guy playing on the other side of the line, is way better than you are... he gets paid more, end of story.

Oh great, he waits after the draft. Shoot, give me Tommie Harris & you can have him, but obviously that's NOT gonna happen.

I doubt it would be for rookies; but I'd take a 2005 pick & Bernard Berrian.

I'd take 2005 first.

I like Wally don't get me wrong, but this thing is really dragging out and i see no positive solution.

I'd give Rick two firsts in next years draft to go do some more good stuff.

I hate the thought of Wale not playing for us this year since we didn't address DE in the draft and should have traded him on draft day to begin with (if he wasn't going to be a Dolphin in 2004). But we need to make a decision quickly on him. I know that what is going on isn't a secret to other teams, but we may still get some value for Wale in the 2005 draft if we trade him now. The longer we wait, the less he becomes worth since we almost have to trade him. I don't think that we have the money to pay him and Chris Chambers unless the contracts are constantly restructured and we may well have to pick one of the two to keep.

Put yourself in his shoes. I'd bet we'd all be *****ing too.

Wale is worth far more than he's being offered. How many years does this guy have to kick azz before he gets paid like the player he is?? Jason Taylor had one good year (in his fourth season) before he got $7 million per. Wale has been solid and elite in his second and third seasons. And they want to give him a 1-year, $1.8+ million deal.

You can't blame the guy for wanting to make what he's worth while also looking for long-term security.

Back
Top Bottom