Merged 2x:O-gun/OGun wants to be traded/Screw Ogun/Trade Ogun | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged 2x:O-gun/OGun wants to be traded/Screw Ogun/Trade Ogun

Muck said:
Put yourself in his shoes. I'd bet we'd all be *****ing too.

Wale is worth far more than he's being offered. How many years does this guy have to kick azz before he gets paid like the player he is?? Jason Taylor had one good year (in his fourth season) before he got $7 million per. Wale has been solid and elite in his second and third seasons. And they want to give him a 1-year, $1.8+ million deal.

You can't blame the guy for wanting to make what he's worth while also looking for long-term security.

i agree muck. he deserves a hell of a lot more. but the organization deserves some patience from him. he was payed to rehab. RS will do him right.

patience, O-gun. patience.

screw ogun...look at these quotes

On Holding out and Dolphins taking him seriously
"I think it might come down to when I miss that first game. I think that's when it's going to be, 'OK, he's serious.' And by then it might be too late."

On not being drafted
"A lot of teams made a mistake, and this would be a perfect opportunity for Chicago. I don't know how many sacks their whole D-line had. But I had 15 by myself last year. And I had 10 the year before."

This guy is a bum. Only interested in himself and $$$. Screw O-Bum get whatever we can for him and get him outta town.

O-Gun was told he would be taken care of if he can prove he wasn't a "one year wonder". He is not a BUM. He is 27 years old and is still getting paid sh*t. He needs to get the money flowing and at his stage of his life, he should be getting the high dollar for the way he is playing.

Everyone here agreed that Ogun had ALOT to prove this past season since he wanted a better salary last year. He put up 15 sacks and showed up when Taylor was shut down. Very valuable to Miami.

Ogun deserves what he is asking for.

Why do I think that it would be all roses between you and Wale if he signed tomorrow?

This is a business, and Wale is taking care of himself like Wayne and Rick are taking care of the team. If we're going to take sides, I'll take the side of the millionaire player over the billionaire owner pretty much every time...

Wale doesn't owe the team patience. I think it might be smart to limit this sort of stuff, but then again, I'm an amateur at this while Wale's rep Drew Rosenhaus is a seasoned pro. I love how I got banged around for not being RS/in RS's shoes/a NFL GM back when I was questioning the 1st round strategy on Saturday, yet so many people on this board are willing to question the acts of DR in exactly the same manner. Either I stumbled onto the only Dolphins message board with all agents as members, or there is just a wee bit of hypocricy going on right there...

O-gun is worth the hype and the cash. If you do trade him, go with the Vikes, you need O line depth, and he'll face Dah bears instead of teaming with them as revenge for trying to backstab you with negotiations.

The Vikes O line was solid and some of their depth was former start quality and could be steals. Add yourself a starter, a contributor, and a first next year matched w/conditional picks.

Really O-Gun is worth it. The man was money last season and is in his prime. If you do trade get lots of depth and value. Heaven forbid he gets into the AFC. Franchise him now tnedered status for his "raise" and get two firsts if somebody matches... then use the bonus cap room to add people after the first big day of cap cuts.
Am betting the Browns release their oft injured former first overall pass rusher and he would be faced with a change of position and city to keep an NFL career and could probably meet the mission. Maybe the guy toughnes up his attitude and finds his goorve on the run heavy left side end. He has the technique and maybe his attitude will be ready for a new try. Give him a near minimum base with incentive heavy deals.

As you can see there isnt much at DE out there, if you let him go remeber- we had a guy in Bromell who didnt start 6 games get signed elsewhere. And Bryant faced career injury and is a Saint now. So if you get something for O Gum it better be a LOT.

RUDEbyallMEANS said:
O-Gun was told he would be taken care of if he can prove he wasn't a "one year wonder". He is not a BUM. He is 27 years old and is still getting paid sh*t. He needs to get the money flowing and at his stage of his life, he should be getting the high dollar for the way he is playing.

Everyone here agreed that Ogun had ALOT to prove this past season since he wanted a better salary last year. He put up 15 sacks and showed up when Taylor was shut down. Very valuable to Miami.

When JT was shut down? JT had 2 less SACKS and he was facing constant double teams, and going up against a LT not a RT. Most understand that is a huge difference. Sorry O-Gun is an excellent player, but this all by myself stuff is not something I want to hear from any Dolphins player. He has made a name off of JT and playing against RT's not LT's.

O-Gun's not worth the $ he thinks, mainly because he is a LDE not a RDE, and he has not done it for more than 1 season. If and when he does it for more than 1 year then he talk like he has done something. Now with this poor attitude stuff, I think we may just need to get rid of the guy. We don't need any more ME players.

Most importantly the Dolphins have shown over the years they can get more than 15 sacks from the LDE when JT is in there. In 1998 opposite JT at the LDE position there were 20.5 sacks that year. In 1999 there were 21 sacks at the LDE position.

Oliver...

ohall said:
When JT was shut down? JT had 2 less SACKS and he was facing constant double teams, and going up against a LT not a RT. Most understand that is a huge difference.

JT struggled getting to the QB with the double and triple teams, nevertheless, he has been shut down. Three of his sacks were by the Tiger defense where he rushed right up the middle. At RDE, he struggled to take down the QB and to get pressure on the QB which would be defined as being shut down and Ogunleye has risen up to the challenge and picked up where JT left off after 2002.

Ogunleye is VERY valuable to Miami. Miami is very valuable to Ogunleye as well.

Ogunleye has a family to support and with the way he has played the last 2 years with Miami, he as well as his family deserve higher profit than the chump change he is getting now.

Wistrom does not get close to the level of play as Ogunleye. Ogunleye is in a pressure based defense considering the position he plays with the very seldom blitz attempts Miami does. Either JT gets to the QB or Ogunleye does and that is it. There is a reason why Lovie Smith really likes Ogun. He knows the situation Miami is in with Ogun and that is why he prefers to wait for Ogun to get cut or Miami's asking price to lower significantly.

Lovie Smith sees JT, Zach Thomas, Surtain, Madison with high salaries and sees McMichael and Chambers entering contract years. He is not in a rush.

Patience is a virtue and Lovie will more than likely get Ogun whether its by trade or by free agency next year.

Lovie Smith is no chump defensive scout either.

ohall said:
O-Gun's not worth the $ he thinks, mainly because he is a LDE not a RDE, and he has not done it for more than 1 season. If and when he does it for more than 1 year then he talk like he has done something.

Ogun has been done it for 2 years. He dominates right tackles every week. His run defense is stout as well. You are looking at a COMPLETE DE here folks. Ogun has only played 2 full seasons in the NFL and has right tackles falling to his knees already. Any team that gets Ogun should keep him at LDE just like Strahan.

Ogun is not better than JT, but he falls short of Strahans level by some, not much.

Jimmy James said:
Wale doesn't owe the team patience. I think it might be smart to limit this sort of stuff, but then again, I'm an amateur at this while Wale's rep Drew Rosenhaus is a seasoned pro. I love how I got banged around for not being RS/in RS's shoes/a NFL GM back when I was questioning the 1st round strategy on Saturday, yet so many people on this board are willing to question the acts of DR in exactly the same manner. Either I stumbled onto the only Dolphins message board with all agents as members, or there is just a wee bit of hypocricy going on right there...

you are comparing apples and oranges. An agents job is just to get the most money for his client, and not to make the team any better. Including trying to get his player over paid.

You're trying to fit one of two round pegs into a square hole and then tell me that it's a square peg. In other words, I don't accept the way you're framing things. DR's job is to do what Wale tells him to do. That can mean getting him the most money, or that can mean looking out for other interests. The key is that he is the pro, and we're just a bunch of people on a message board.

There is a system in place, and all parties are working within it whether some of you like to think of it that way or not. The CBA was set up to give a RFA the ability to get his year in with only six games. Commenting so negatively on the work in progress is just silly.

RUDEbyallMEANS said:

I love when some of you guys make these players out to be minimum wage slaves making no money! :lol:

No one DESERVES the money they ask for in ANY pro sport. Bottom line!
Now based on his performance... yes he deserves a raise. There should be a meeting of demands somewhere in the middle however as players damn well know that there is a salary cap. He deserves a raise but if he wants to try and break the teams bank over taking a little less pay and staying on a winning team then so be it. See ya.

Trekbiz,

If your position is that the players don't deserve the money, just who does? Surely you don't mean to suggest that the owners deserve to keep it...

RUDEbyallMEANS said:
JT struggled getting to the QB with the double and triple teams, nevertheless, he has been shut down.

If you think 13 sacks is struggling most players would be so lucky. I promise you, O-Gun wouldn't get half that facing DOUBLE and TRIPLE teams going up against the LT.

I wish we could keep O-Gun, but the $ he is going to be looking for he's simply not worth. He can be replaced, that's a fact, plus I'd rather see his $ used on the offense. We still have to wrap up Chambers, McMichael and Ricky to long term contracts. If it means keeping O-Gun or losing one or two of those guys then I say cya later O-Gun it's been nice knowing you.

Oliver...

Jimmy James said:
Trekbiz,

If your position is that the players don't deserve the money, just who does? Surely you don't mean to suggest that the owners deserve to keep it...

I never said players don't deserve money.... :rolleyes:

Players salaries keep rising at rediculous levels every year....
Money at that level... no, they don't deserve to make that kind of money for bouncing a ball. Owners have gone out and built empires in the real world so I respect them just a little bit more on a business end.

Besides, the salary cap was put in place based on profit sharing at a fair percentage WITH the players and owners. Players aren't satisfied with that and continually try to break the bank of teams they are playing with. The owners may very well be the ones in need of agents not the players!

Back
Top Bottom