Merged 2x:O-gun/OGun wants to be traded/Screw Ogun/Trade Ogun | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged 2x:O-gun/OGun wants to be traded/Screw Ogun/Trade Ogun

midwest_phinfan said:
I don't believe zach ever stated publically that he would sit out 10 games only to get the minimun free agent status so that he could spurn the team the following year. Did he? Don't compare apples and oranges please.
And he never would....not the same thing AT ALL....good point.

Ogun is a valuable commodity for us...He is very good at his position. He is not considered in the elite group of DEs because he plays opposite JT, but that should not diminish his worth to the Fins. However, he is asking for JT money and is NOT that caliber of player yet. I agree that he should be paid more commensurate with his value, but not Wistrom or Kearse money...he does NOT deserve that much.

The FO has the cards right now. They can decide to pony up and pay him now or wait until it gets closer to the season start or let it ride and have him either play next year or sit out or they can work a trade out.. but the problem Ogun faces here is that for a trade to occur, the other team would have to give up something in the way of players/draft choices and then have to pay him big bucks. Most have not been willing or able to do that so far. Chi has less cap space than the Fins do rigjt now...

Punk Drew (as you can tell, I am not a fan of his rhetoric) is pumping Ogun for everything he can get, which is his job. That is not a problem. The problem with Drew is that so far, everything he has been trying to do has been idle threats that have fallen on deaf ears. That is not because the FO does not want to work this out, it is because they don't have to work it out yet.

My take on Ogun's issue is that the Fins took a chance on him and paid him to rehab his knee. They brought him along, let him work with JT to fine tune his skills and now that he has blossomed, many are saying "Poor Ogun" because he doesn't get paid enough ?? Well he has an offer of $1.8 M. on the table. He can play for that which is, I think, about a 400% increase from last year (I love to have that kind of increase). Or he can take his chances and sit out, but that really hurts his value more than what he thinks right now. He can possibly take a one-year offer from the Fins and become a UFA next year (something more than the 1.8 but less than what he is asking for). Or the FO can play hardball and legally pay him about 400K next year unless he signs the tender (but if he does, he has to play for the $1.8) The choices are still his.

I have no problems with him getting more commensurate money. The money that he does not get will not just be going back into the owners pocket. There is a structured amount of salary ( in the form of the cap) of which our owner is always at or very near (so are most owners), so the arguement of have the $$$ go to Ogun or back into the owners pocket is not valid.

We all need to just let this play itself out and wait to see. It is a game of chicken for Ogun, but I feel the team has been fair with players in the past and will continue to do so.

Trade O-gun!

I know that many don't agree with me here but we needed to trade O-gun before the draft and now we are in a tough spot. We knew he wouldn't play for the one year tender and I don't blame him. He wants Winstrom money and we can't afford it. I don't want to sign him long-term and sacrifice other areas of our team. He's a good player, I like him a lot but we should have gotten rid of him for a 1st only because it would have been best for the team. Now if we trade him, we won't get much for him. Teams wanting him will have the leverage of knowing that he's willing to hold-out unless he gets the big bucks.

O-gun needs to just shut up and play until he can prove that last year was not a fluke. No one deserves big time money for one year's performance. Show us he can do it on a consistant basis and we'll show him the money.

He should realize, that no one else wants to pay him that kind of money either!! He is being selfish ... as so many athletes these days are. I understand he wants more money and i dont blame him but just as JT told him, sometimes you have to sign the one year tender and THEN something can be worked out. We took a chance on him paying him to sit the bench while rehabbing, he needs to do the same for us!!! and stop being a baby.

maybe the bills can trade for Ogun's services. We'll give the fins our 1st and 3rd pick next year. :D

O-Gun's has had 2 good seasons. Even still, I think Rosenhaus is a jerk who's pumping all of these thoughts into his head that he should be the highest paid and therefore he's getting over his head with his demands. If he doesn't change, we need to get rid of him cuz he may be a cancer and distraction to the team.

Its not about can the owner afford to pay Ogun with his billions. Its about will we be able to afford Ogun with the salary he wants and still be under the salary cap. Ogun needs to understand that if their was no salary cap that we would pay him what he wants but their is a salary cap and he isnt being a team player about the situation. Ogun is not the team's only need yet he wants to take up the rest of the salary cap. He does deserve more than the 1.8 million he's being offered he doesnt deserve to be paid an equal salary to JT or anywhere close to what JT is getting. JT's presence has helped Ogun accumulate the sack total he had. JT racked up 18.5 sacks with a no name playing on the other side in Ogun which is a testament to his greatness. Ogun should get paid about 3 million this year and if he puts up great numbers again then he should get another raise. But right now its not his turn to get paid with the highest players in the game. It's JT's turn Zach's turn Pat's turn and even Sam's turn. They have all played great for more than 2 years. Ogun will get paid its just not his time.

phinfan2003 said:
O-Gun's has had 2 good seasons. Even still, I think Rosenhaus is a jerk who's pumping all of these thoughts into his head that he should be the highest paid and therefore he's getting over his head with his demands. If he doesn't change, we need to get rid of him cuz he may be a cancer and distraction to the team.

I concure!!! :judge:

Do people remember the names Trace Armstrong, Kenny Mixon ... etc. etc.?? There have been numerous other defensive ends on that other side that have benefitted(sp?) from JT. Im not saying O-gun isnt good, because he is very good. But people on here are saying that JT was struggling and not as good as the year before.. blah blah blah. JT was DOUBLE AND TRIPLE TEAMED ALL YEAR!!! I honestly dont think O-gun would have had the success had he been double and triple teamed. I hope O-gun can stay but i do think he is asking WAY too much money. YES he deserves an increase but i also think for the better of the TEAM he can sign the one year tender and then get offered a better contract next season when we may have more money to spend (i dont know the cap stuff so im just assuming here). The big difference between O-gun and JT besides the fact that JT has proven himself over and over again, is that JT cares about the good of the team and is willing to work his contract out to give more money to the salary cap. but hey.. its just my opinion....
:missmeth:

Cmon, Wanny take our 1st pick and 3rd pick next year for Ogun.

Jimmy James said:
Wale doesn't owe the team patience. I think it might be smart to limit this sort of stuff, but then again, I'm an amateur at this while Wale's rep Drew Rosenhaus is a seasoned pro. I love how I got banged around for not being RS/in RS's shoes/a NFL GM back when I was questioning the 1st round strategy on Saturday, yet so many people on this board are willing to question the acts of DR in exactly the same manner. Either I stumbled onto the only Dolphins message board with all agents as members, or there is just a wee bit of hypocricy going on right there...

in this new and improved league there is very little loyalty to the team and vice versa. in my opinion he does owe the the team some patience. he was paid to rehab after his injury his SR year. no one drafted him for this reason but wanny and the FO took a chance that he may pan-out. the man was taken care of for his first season so he could properly recovoer. if not for this he may not even be in the league right now. i am not saying anything about DR. this is strictly O-gun. i question HIS acts. i expect his agent to be a d@ck, that is his job, but O-gun should cool it just a bit. i am confident that RS will take care of him one way or another.

Like I said in another thread, OGun will get his money afer June 1st if he is going to get it at all. The Fins can't tie up money and lose out on a FA that can help the team just because OGun can't wait a few months.

Screw team loyalty ... how about honoring a contract? The Dolphins are not being cheap in this situation ... they're using the Restricted Free Agent clause the way it was intended.

Justasportsfan said:
Cmon, Wanny take our 1st pick and 3rd pick next year for Ogun.
Maybe if you actually had a 1st round pick.

All kidding aside. First of all I think Ogun is a valuable player to this team. However, if he keeps bickering about a trade then he is not a TEAM player and does not want what is best for the Phins. Thus trade his a$$. Just make sure you get either Grossman, Kreutz + a pick, or some serious picks in next years draft (1 and a 2, or 1, 4 and 5, etc..)

One thing Ogun needs to remember, 'Punk Drew' is not looking for Ogun's best interest. He is just trying to get himself more $. Anyone REMEMBER ERIC RHETT?? Someone should ask Drew how his advice worked out for him!

We all know Ogun should be paid more than he was last year and more than the tender. He just has to realize what is best for this team. This year he just does not have any leverage. If he sits out, than his #'s are not that good and he probably won't get paid much more than the tender this year! Maybe he should ask Gadsen about how FA works...

Back
Top Bottom