Merged 2x:O-gun/OGun wants to be traded/Screw Ogun/Trade Ogun | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged 2x:O-gun/OGun wants to be traded/Screw Ogun/Trade Ogun

Drew should set him up with an interview on ESPN or something and then call him on his cell phone so when the 'interviewer' asks him who it was (that was so important he had to take the call during the show).....Ogun can say it was a D-coach he's been in touch with that really wants to trade for him....

Does this sound a little far-fetched...? LOL....Nope....as Drew pulled this same stunt during last year's draft with McGhaee as many of you remember I'm sure.

Then...he could really start hyping him uP!

craig said:
i agree with the ones who say the players r overpaid! i would love to play football for the fins and i would play for 1.8 mill.. i think these players r spoiled , lets get them to work n a factory or something like that.. yeah its so fun to work for some1 making 10 dollars a hour and not having the gift to play football.. i would give up anything to play special teams for the fins and make some cash , instead of breaking my back for nothing .u got people out here starvin and sh** and some cry , were not making enough money! bullsh**! i dont even want to hear it!

Do you know what the solution to this is? Vote with your feet. Go watch high school football. That's the only way that the fat cat owners and players (and it is both -- you need to recognize that) are going to feel your message. Even then, they probably won't care too much because for every jersey you don't buy or ticket you don't buy, there is somebody else to grab it.

Phins34 said:
O-gun needs to just shut up and play until he can prove that last year was not a fluke. No one deserves big time money for one year's performance. Show us he can do it on a consistant basis and we'll show him the money.

:rolleyes:

:rolleyes:

Ct Fin Freak 13 said:
Ogun will get paid its just not his time.

You know what the problem is with this? The man is 27. If you're suggesting he sign even just a 2 year contract for say $8 million, that makes him 29 when he comes up for that big pay day. Do you actually believe that anybody will pay a 29 year old the type of money he wants over six years?

If Wale is going to get the big contract, the time is now. Every year he waits just reduces his earning power.

I feel something will get done, i think they are probably tring to hammer out the cap figures to redo Surtain and maybe another contract to get Ogun signed to a long deal. That being said i would love him to stay on our team,but if we can not afford him then i say let him go to another team. That is after we pick up a capable replacement June 1st. Then we can trade him for some picks next yr. Dolfanreal69

DOLPHAN1 said:
in this new and improved league there is very little loyalty to the team and vice versa. in my opinion he does owe the the team some patience. he was paid to rehab after his injury his SR year. no one drafted him for this reason but wanny and the FO took a chance that he may pan-out. the man was taken care of for his first season so he could properly recovoer. if not for this he may not even be in the league right now. i am not saying anything about DR. this is strictly O-gun. i question HIS acts. i expect his agent to be a d@ck, that is his job, but O-gun should cool it just a bit. i am confident that RS will take care of him one way or another.

I see this a bit differently. Miami's reward for that year has been what Wale gave them over the past 3 seasons. He has been a bargain, and he now wants to be paid what he is worth to a professional football team.

Trade the crybaby. He's going to be a cancer on the team, who needs that. This guy has no loyalty to this team. He's obvious a me player. If I was him, I'd shut up and be thankful that I am playing a kids game and making a load of money. Thats the problem with todays athlete, they all want the big money. Personally, I'd play for a $100,000 grand a year if I could.

DrAstroZoom said:
Screw team loyalty ... how about honoring a contract? The Dolphins are not being cheap in this situation ... they're using the Restricted Free Agent clause the way it was intended.

Wale is also using it the way it was intended. Do you think it's an accident that he can come in for six weeks and get his year?

Man keep it up Drew is gonna hire you on his staff! LOL! Dolfanreal69

I think one thing that Ogunleye needs to recognize a bit is that Miami paid him for 2 seasons while he did nothing but rehab from his knee surgery. His rookie year, we paid him while he redshirted. His 2nd year, we paid him even though he still suffered problems with the knee. His 3rd year he finally was healthy enough to actually contribute. His 4th year he contributed a pro bowl season.

If you look at the total compensation he's been given over his first 5 years and compare it to 3 years worth of actual service to the team, its not as bad as he makes it seem.

How about this senario???....

O-Gun threatens to hold out, and then he ultimately does. He sits out game one against the Titans, hoping it will give him more leverage in getting is long term deal....

We end up rotating DE's J. Williams, and D. Bowens in place of O-Gun, and both record a sack a piece, while JT gets two. The absense of O-Gun is not noticed, and we stay content with rotating Williams and Bowens.....

O-Gun then finds himself up the creek. He knows the less he plays in 2004, the less chance he has of getting his long term contract {with any team}.

He's taking a big risk by holding out IMO. One that he may regret in the long run. He's got a great thing going here in Miami opposite JT, and he needs to realize this is the best place for him now, and for the future....

PHINZ RULE!!!! :fire:

Lets compare what OGun is making to what Ricky has made since he as been with the fins, where exactly does Ricky's salary rank with the rest of the NFL RB's?

Does anybody want Ogun that bad?

You want Ogun bad enuff to give him that much money? I don't, trade his a** he doesn't want to play for Miami so trade him and screw the team you trade him to by getting a 1st and a 2nd round draft pick. I sick and tired of all of his complaining bottom line is he has to go. In Miami we don't need that s***.

Ricky doesn't make what he should be making but it all cool he's a team player

Back
Top Bottom