Merged 2x:Ok - Now Its Clear Pot Is The Issue/It aint all about the pot | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged 2x:Ok - Now Its Clear Pot Is The Issue/It aint all about the pot

we all assume that because we would want to wait and smoke weed on top of piles of money that someone else would. if you're not that materialistic to begin with and you make millions of dollars, only someone seriously addicted to the power money brings would want/need more of it. ricky has already made more money than most of us will ever see. when making more money isn't the question any more, it comes down to whether you love playing the game.

i've known people who think they get headaches from not smoking weed. i never bought that, because it's not physically addictive. all the side effects and withdrawal symptoms are purely psychological. if ricky can't quit smoking weed, he's likely trying to fill a space in his life that football doesn't fill. maybe he needs to be away from football to fill it.

I don't think its rickys fault, more so the nfls fault for having marijuana in the same category as crack,heroin and steroids. If you get arrested for possession of marijuana you get an $80 fine in california. In the NFL you get caught twice you get fined $650,000 and sit out 1 month. Ricky admited to smoking pot ever since he was a teenager. His dream was to play college football and win the Heisman trophy. Something most of us can't even dream about it, so don't call him lazy. You can't achieve something like that being lazy, or undetermined. He smokes marijuana, so what? He quit because he didn't like getting piss tested every other day, and getting fined over half a million dollars for smoking marijuana. I don't blame him.

*edit* im not saying marijuana should be legal, just that he should get fined what the rest of society does.

pwn3dyo said:
I don't think its rickys fault, more so the nfls fault for having marijuana in the same category as crack,heroin and steroids. If you get arrested for possession of marijuana you get an $80 fine in california. In the NFL you get caught twice you get fined $650,000 and sit out 1 month. Ricky admited to smoking pot ever since he was a teenager. His dream was to play college football and win the Heisman trophy. Something most of us can't even dream about it, so don't call him lazy. You can't achieve something like that being lazy, or undetermined. He smokes marijuana, so what? He quit because he didn't like getting piss tested every other day, and getting fined over half a million dollars for smoking marijuana. I don't blame him.

*edit* im not saying marijuana should be legal, just that he should get fined what the rest of society does.

In case you didn't know, you can be suspended for alcohol use as well in the NFL. If an NFL player has an accident and alcohol is suspected, or if they were busted for another banned substance they can no longer drink alcohol while they are on suspension or on probation. If they are caught using alcohol and/or other banned substances they will be suspended once again.

What you fail to see here is MJ is illegal and millions of children watch NFL football and the NFL has to set a standard because of those children. Obviously this is motivated to keep the $ flowing, but if they did not do these things the NFL would not be as popular as it is right now. The majority of America thinks MJ is illegal for a good reason. If that ever changes then obviously the NFL would have to re-think its stance on this issue.

Sorry if we went off subject here DMike.

Oliver...

pwn3dyo said:

You are missing the point. What the NFL should do in your opinion, or in mine isnt at issue here. What is at issue is that Ricky knows it's a no no and continued to use it despite knowing it was hurting his career and the team.
That is the point.

pwn3do, that's irresponsible. the rest of society doesn't make 3 million a year. It's a rule his employer set, he didn't follow it, so he pays the price.

The end.

Damb Ricky If You Say You Can Beet The Pizz Test Then ****z What Kind Of Weed You Gotz

This guy had over 1,800 yards 2 seasons ago. I wonder how good he could be if he wasn't on the ganja. Although I do imagine it doesn't affect your performace too much unless your playing while your high. Vlade Divacs supposedly smokes like 2 packs of cigs a day, so I guess these guys can smoke and play no problem.

ohall said:
In case you didn't know, you can be suspended for alcohol use as well in the NFL. If an NFL player has an accident and alcohol is suspected, or if they were busted for another banned substance they can no longer drink alcohol while they are on suspension or on probation. If they are caught using alcohol and/or other banned substances they will be suspended once again.
Yep, the latest example being Darrell Russell. He's been suspended for alcohol use while on probation.

ohall said:

What you fail to see here is MJ is illegal and millions of children watch NFL football and the NFL has to set a standard because of those children. Obviously this is motivated to keep the $ flowing, but if they did not do these things the NFL would not be as popular as it is right now. The majority of America thinks MJ is illegal for a good reason. If that ever changes then obviously the NFL would have to re-think its stance on this issue.

Sorry if we went off subject here DMike.

Oliver...
Don't hand me that crap the NFL has to set a standard because of the children. That is the biggest load of bull I've ever seen from you Oliver.

They will not allow players to do a commerical for an alcohol products, and will suspend a player for alcohol like you said above, but yet turn around and take the money from Anheuser Bucsh for commercial spot.

Where are their standards when it comes to children that are watching their product? As long as it does not affect them getting the monies then they have no standards. The NFL expects the players to have all the standards, while taking all the monies for themselves.

Dphins4me said:
Don't hand me that crap the NFL has to set a standard because of the children. That is the biggest load of bull I've ever seen from you Oliver.

They will not allow players to do a commerical for an alcohol products, and will suspend a player for alcohol like you said above, but yet turn around and take the money from Anheuser Bucsh for commercial spot.

Where are their standards when it comes to children that are watching their product? As long as it does not affect them getting the monies then they have no standards. The NFL expects the players to have all the standards, while taking all the monies for themselves.

well they are a business.

just think, when ricky missed that practice and wanny had no clue where he was, he was out smokin pot and thinking bad things about this team.

Dol-Fan Dupree said:
well they are a business.
Yea, and they are hypocrites. Just like many others in sports, including most fans.

This is a really good post, but at the same time aren’t we being a little selfish in wanting him to quit the weed just long enough to be the Miami Dolphins tailback. To tell someone to give it up just long enough to help this team reach the super bowl is quite selfish and insensitive. What I mean here is that if this guy has a problem he should seek help, because the team and the fans are the smallest thing hurt in this situation. This guy has three kids, and if he is done for good just to smoke weed, I don’t care what it does the Dolphins. These kids are affected by his lifestyle choice more than a team and fans. Running back will come and go, but those kids are his life. I know this may sound extreme, but one drug can just lead to another. It’s not like we are talking about a person with a strong mind here, so the thought of him moving on to other drugs is a possibility. If you are really a Ricky Williams fan, then I think you have to take into consideration the whole picture and not just football.

Dphins4me said:
Yea, and they are hypocrites. Just like many others in sports, including most fans.

Them being hypocrites doesn't make it right to go against the policy

Back
Top Bottom