Merged 2x:Ok - Now Its Clear Pot Is The Issue/It aint all about the pot | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged 2x:Ok - Now Its Clear Pot Is The Issue/It aint all about the pot

Exactly!

touborg said:
If you're giving up a football career and millions of dollars to smoke pot, that's a pretty big indication you've got a problem.

MY POINT EXACTLY!

m

Dol-Fan Dupree said:
Them being hypocrites doesn't make it right to go against the policy
Its not about the policy of not using pot.

The point of my reply to Oliver was that the NFL gives a rats arse about children other than can we get them to watch our product as the grow up.

Also it is not illegal to smoke pot or take drugs. Its illegal to possess them. If it were illegal to use it, then everyone in rehab would be arrested.

cover 2 said:
This is a really good post, but at the same time aren’t we being a little selfish in wanting him to quit the weed just long enough to be the Miami Dolphins tailback. To tell someone to give it up just long enough to help this team reach the super bowl is quite selfish and insensitive. What I mean here is that if this guy has a problem he should seek help, because the team and the fans are the smallest thing hurt in this situation. This guy has three kids, and if he is done for good just to smoke weed, I don’t care what it does the Dolphins. These kids are affected by his lifestyle choice more than a team and fans. Running back will come and go, but those kids are his life. I know this may sound extreme, but one drug can just lead to another. It’s not like we are talking about a person with a strong mind here, so the thought of him moving on to other drugs is a possibility. If you are really a Ricky Williams fan, then I think you have to take into consideration the whole picture and not just football.

I hope Ricky gives up pot altogether. However, if he isn't willing to do that, I hope he discontinues using it until he's done playing. Thats the responsible thing to do for his team.

It Ain't All About The Pot

I realize that talking about it is about as successful as beating a dead horse, but the fact of the matter is that Ricky's weed smoking is a byproduct of his loss of love for the game. A loss of love that is directly related to the coaching stategy of running him 30 times a game with no effort to throw the ball downfield or take pressue off of him by stretching the field.
The proof of this cames right from the horses mouth so to speak.

http://cbs.sportsline.com/nfl/story/7535147

Williams said, however, there were "a hundred reasons" for his retirement and his desire to continue smoking marijuana was only one of them.
"I didn't quit football because I failed a drug test," he told the Herald. "I failed a drug test because I was ready to quit football."

We all agree that the timing is horrible, and the loss of two 1st, not to mention the pick they will have to use to replace him either this year or in the draft is a huge setback, but I'm telling yall, this runs deeper that simply a young man's love of smoking weed. This runs to the core of the oranization, most notably Dave conservative approach and Wayne lack of football knowledge.

Ghetti13 said:
I realize that talking about it is about as successful as beating a dead horse, but the fact of the matter is that Ricky's weed smoking is a byproduct of his loss of love for the game. A loss of love that is directly related to the coaching stategy of running him 30 times a game with no effort to throw the ball downfield or take pressue off of him by stretching the field.

Williams said, however, there were "a hundred reasons" for his retirement and his desire to continue smoking marijuana was only one of them.
"I didn't quit football because I failed a drug test," he told the Herald. "I failed a drug test because I was ready to quit football."

We all agree that the timing is horrible, and the loss of two 1st, not to mention the pick they will have to use to replace him either this year or in the draft is a huge setback, but I'm telling yall, this runs deeper that simply a young man's love of smoking weed. This runs to the core of the oranization, most notably Dave conservative approach and Wayne lack of football knowledge.

I'm sure there are lots of reasons he ran away. However, the biggest reason is the pot.

Dphins4me said:
Yea, and they are hypocrites. Just like many others in sports, including most fans.

My responce to this would be that it isn't just sports busness that are hypocrites.
The Corp. I work for has policies that say that if an employee of mine has an accident that either injures themselves or damages equipment then I as management have to give this person a drug and alcohol test on the spot.

If they test positive for any substance that they can not prove is by prescription and is safe to use in the work place then they are fired.

Now as I'm at a division quarterly meeting the head of the division decides to take everyone out to dinner at the company's expense, and we are sitting around this nice resturaunt eating and you guessed it, drinking......hypocriacy? YES, uncommon? NOT AT ALL. It happens everyday in some form or fashion, in all levels of seciety, why should sports be any different.

Ghetti13 said:

BS.....that's just one of his excuses.

Mearly speculation...Nobody knows for sure but Ricky, and those on this site.....But blame it on the pot if it makes it easier to hate him....... That seems to be the tendancy for many.

DOLFANMIKE said:
I hope Ricky gives up pot altogether. However, if he isn't willing to do that, I hope he discontinues using it until he's done playing. Thats the responsible thing to do for his team.

I guess this is just the America we live in. "Stop long enough for me and if you die after that, it's your life"!!!!! :shakeno:

cover 2 said:
I guess this is just the America we live in. "Stop long enough for me and if you die after that, it's your life"!!!!! :shakeno:

I guess in the sense of his responsibility to the Team, you are right. He needs to at the very least stop doing it now for the team. If he choses not to compley, he simply will not be part of the team. It's that simple.

Again, when I started this thread I made it clear I'm not trying to "hash" out (no pun intended) whether or not Pot should be legal, or is good or not for a person. I'm simply tackling his responsibility to the Miami Dolphins.

Hellion said:
My responce to this would be that it isn't just sports busness that are hypocrites.
You are right there. People always want other people to hold up their morals.

Hellion said:
If they test positive for any substance that they can not prove is by prescription and is safe to use in the work place then they are fired.
Here is a lawsuit waiting to happen. If your company does this, and the fired employee pushes it, then they most likely can win one against you company.

Too many regulations to simply just up and fire an employee with an abuse problem.

Hellion said:
Now as I'm at a division quarterly meeting the head of the division decides to take everyone out to dinner at the company's expense, and we are sitting around this nice resturaunt eating and you guessed it, drinking......hypocriacy? YES, uncommon? NOT AT ALL. It happens everyday in some form or fashion, in all levels of seciety, why should sports be any different.
I would at some point have to address this with them and ask them what the difference.

Ghetti13 said:
Mearly speculation...Nobody knows for sure but Ricky, and those on this site.....But blame it on the pot if it makes it easier to hate him....... That seems to be the tendancy for many.

I havent read a single post on THIS thread that has any ricky hating on it. Quite the opposite. If you think my post is a Ricky hating post (original thread) you are off base.

Dphins4me said:
Don't hand me that crap the NFL has to set a standard because of the children. That is the biggest load of bull I've ever seen from you Oliver.

They will not allow players to do a commerical for an alcohol products, and will suspend a player for alcohol like you said above, but yet turn around and take the money from Anheuser Bucsh for commercial spot.

Where are their standards when it comes to children that are watching their product? As long as it does not affect them getting the monies then they have no standards. The NFL expects the players to have all the standards, while taking all the monies for themselves.

I see no conflict whatsoever. The players that actually play the game are not permitted to do those commercials. As a business it is legal for the NFL to do NFL beer commercials. Until the government out laws the NFL from doing those commercials; like they did with cigarettes; the NFL would be stupid to not create revenue for their business.

Oliver...

Knew it wouldn't take long before it turned into a "but pot isn't as bad as .." thread.

What you THINK policy "should be" is not the frickin' point. The point was that Ricky knew better, knew that what the consequences were, and chose to let his team down.

Back
Top Bottom