Merged 2X: Pennington Hurt.../Pennington out indefinately | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged 2X: Pennington Hurt.../Pennington out indefinately

I do not wish that on anyone, even though I cannot stand the Jets. That makes two quarterbacks down so far that will make a difference this season

Originally posted by CirclingWagons

that's weak...don't you want to beat the best?...sure, there's nothing you can do about injuries, but don't laugh in the face of them:rolleyes:

I agree with you 100%, especially the part about that being weak..

that's weak...don't you want to beat the best?...sure, there's nothing you can do about injuries, but don't laugh in the face of them:rolleyes:

While one would agree that beating your best makes you feel all warm and fuzzy inside, it still fails to acknowledge the obvious factors.
And those factors are that in the W-L record, no where does it state or matter which QB was in the huddle at the time. I'll take a win even if Daisy the yellow cow was under center. A win is a win, no matter who's throwing or catching. So if it's Vinny and we cream them, great.

But I'm also smart enough not to think that just because Vinny is under center we'll win. He's smoked us many times before. It only takes me once to be bitten to keep me wary.

Fractured AND dislocated. Sucks for Pennington.

Not only do these kinds of injuries hurt a team and a fanbase, but they also hurt the game itself. As football fans, we want to see the game played at the highest level possible. And Chad Pennington is an emerging star in this league. His injury lowers the league's quality of play.

I hate when stars go down. Especially early.

Wow, I should save this post. You do realize you smack all day about beating us w/ Lucas? So I guess the question is "Don't YOU want to beat the best?" :) .

Originally posted by XoPhinsoX

Wow, I should save this post. You do realize you smack all day about beating us w/ Lucas? So I guess the question is "Don't YOU want to beat the best?" :) .

save it all you want...when have you heard me cheer Jay's injury?...that was the point...you must've missed the part where I said, "there's nothing you can do about injuries"...stick to the smack forum Xsux, you wouldn't want to be labeled a dumbass in this forum too:lol:

right now they're saying compound fracture and out for the season.

there's nothing worse than losing all potential for a season before it even starts.
i could be wrong, but i don't think we have a rats *** chance of making the playoffs.

chad was the heart and soul of this team,
the defense can't get off the field on third down,
testaverde still hasn't grasped the wco,
and the o-line looks like pure crap.

even with all these problems, i still blindly thought we had a chance with penny, but now i see none.

here's to the jets proving me wrong.

If anyone stands to benefit from the injury, it's Vinny Testaverde, who will get his shot at 40,000 passing yards. He's only 442 yards away.

On November 17, Teste will be 40 years old. What a joy this year will be.

Originally posted by dolphinron
On November 17, Teste will be 40 years old. What a joy this year will be.

Sorry to hear about Pennington but buckup. It's not like Verde is a 40 year old running back. I think he can do the job if your O-Line can protect him. It is still a team sport and Vinny sure doesn't lack experience.

It's not that I cheer ANY player's injury, of course I don't but it does make any Phins fan (or any AFC EAST fan) do a little Nelson type "ha ha" under thier breath.
Why?
Because all heard last season was how wonderful "Mr. All American" was like he was the second coming of jesus to Football. :rolleyes:
As a Phin fan living in the HEART of Jets country I can't say I will walk around with a small smirk on my face. Because you know DAMN well if one of our key players takes a bad injury we wouldn't hear the end of it.

Well it is a shame that ANY player gets injured ... Especially in the preseason ! And although J Fiedler was injured in the 6th game of last season,, It might as well have been in the preseason, considering the end result ...

I am just wondering if the Jets would consider calling up R Lucas ..:eek: He was successful in that type of offense and Lucas still has some supporters on the roster ...

:goof:

Marino1983

Originally posted by Marino1983
I am just wondering if the Jets would consider calling up R Lucas ..:eek: He was successful in that type of offense and Lucas still has some supporters on the roster ...

Ya know... I never thought about that...not sure who the Jets 3rd QB is... but if Chad is out all season, it's very possible to see Lucas backing up Testeverde again...
Talk about going full circle... wouldn't that suck it Ray takes the top job, comes in and toasts us? :(

Back
Top Bottom