Merged 2x: Press Conference notes/this isnt a one man problem/Classic | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged 2x: Press Conference notes/this isnt a one man problem/Classic

jaketaylor

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Daves quote "this isnt a one man problem"

Right you are Dave, Its not a one man problem, but getting rid of one man (you Dave, You) can be a start on solving the problem.

This coach is just clueless. Clueless.

Press Conference notes

For those of you with out real player, or with no access to a set of speakers... here's my recap. It was pretty much verbatim Wanny... I still believe, yadda yadda yadda... A few interesting comments on the WR situation towards the end.

How are we going to turn this around?

Turnovers on offense key.

Feels very confident about his commitment to the run game.

Going to stay with the run game.

Turnovers killing us.

Overall Defensivly guys played fairly well.

Overall attitude: group of men committed to the cause.

Wanny needs to concentrate on making the entire team better, the players need to concentrate on playing better.

Brought up the 5-4 superbowl stat.

Same group of guys that won 4 in a row on the road.

"Concentrate on what each guy can do and that is how you get it turned."

RE: Jason Taylor... everyone just needs to focus on themselves.

Encouraged how Wade Smith competed.

Wade Smith played well.

Trent Gamble having MRI, results are not in.

Wait and see till wednesday on Jay.. he's feeling better.

Sage will not start.

Sympathized with Griese's situation... says we need to do some things to help him.

"Our guys know what we're after is still obtainable. We'll go out and get it this week."

Missed tackles allowed a couple of third down conversion.

Focus going into game not to allow big passes.

Tim Ruddy twisted knee and is getting MRI.

"Sage is not in the starting equation right now"

Griese fumbles frustrating, interceptions fall on both QB and WR.

Wanny "Hopeful" about Surtain and Thomas playing this week.

DT to start as #2... Kendell mentioned as getting in the mix as the #2. McKnight to be slot reciever. Simmons to see increased Special Team play.

Tolver has done good in practice, Newson a little more mature and a little more ready to go.

I think you mean....Sage WILL NOT start........I never seen Wannstedt more sure about anything.:lol:

One more thing that I observed.......He is floundering now, he hasn't got a clue how to fix things and he knows something is seriously wrong. He is feeling the pressure and yet, he STILL did not call out anybody. Didn't even say anybody had a bad game. he's a nice guy but, nice guys finish last, right??:(

Maybe if Dave would get a sack, our offense would allow less of them, and our defense would get more of them.

When he said that Wade Smith played well.... I nearly lost it.

What he should have said is that Wade Smith played well considering that he's a rookie that shouldn't even be starting... but is because I'm an incompetant coach. And Furthermore, he would have played better if we had succesfully gotten him some help... which we didn't, again because I'm incompetant.

THAT would have been more accurate. The more I listen to these conferences after tough losses, the more and more I expect to hear Wanny say "Gee wiz" or "aww shucks"... not something you want to hear your HC say after getting your A$$ handed to you in a rather embarrasing way. He seems lost and confused and you CAN hear the floundering in his voice. The only thing he seems sure of is that he doesn't want to hurt any of the players feelings, and that we're sticking to the running game.

Like others said in a different thread... this is the first game of the season when we lost and it didn't bother me. In fact... this is the first game of the season where I didn't end up in a fight with my wife about watching football despite having a family function to go to. I willingly shut it off and went to the stupid b-day party before it was even at the half. And this is what Wanny has to say... the defense played fairly well, he was happy with Wade Smith? Pathetic.

Wish I would have had an ear in that team charter after the game...

Any one heard any rummors on what some of the players are saying on the inside?

I am Keeeping the "Faith"!

GOOO FIIINZ

:)

The only thing harder to take than yesterday's loss was today's press conference.

How can you keep the Faith with this Idiot as the HC???? I wish I could keep the faith. I have absolutly no doubts that Wanny must go. I also think that our years of signing players that are older and stop gap types is going to catch up with us. I mean, how many guys on our defense have already had the best of their careers behind them???? The only guys that have more time in front of them than behind them on our D are Jason, O Gun, Greenwood, Surtain. That is it.

No, but Wanny made a point of saying several times that HE is the one that needs to concentrate on the whole team, and that everyone else needs to concentrate on themselves. He referenced that statement when asked about JT's comments. For such a open and seemingly loving guy towards his players... it's odd to me that he takes the I'm right and you do what your told mentality. I'm afraid that he's lost control of the team... and I'm even more afraid of what it could do to the team... and I'm not talking this year. If DW stays as coach, I've got to wonder how many of our players will stay. Or if our players are going to pack it in for the year and risk getting clean out by a new coaching regime... I can see us loosing several productive players over this either way the chips fall, and I don't like it at all.

Originally posted by inFINSible
The only thing harder to take than yesterday's loss was today's press conference.

AMEN! Talk about sticking your head in the sand... honestly what is it going to accomplish. Being optimistic is saying the glass is half full when it really is at the halfway mark... not when the thing is damn near empty!

Classic Wanny

clear.gif

Yeah, Wade ruled! What game was Wannstedt watching? We couldn't have been more abused by the Titans. This is nuts but I say out of desperation,can Dave, promote Norv and see how it goes. Desperate times call for desperate measures. Maybe the players will respond better to Turner. Let him come in, shake things up, bench a few guys who are mailing it in and get tough with this spoiled bunch of athletes. This team is not playing hard for Dave. There is no disipline, no respect and it will only get worse each week. With Dave, the team is toast. No playoffs, no nothing. A change in midstream worked pretty good for the Marlins!

man he sounds like a man who knows hes in for it.

The part that kills me is the comment about the last couple AFC SB teams being 5-4. That tells the team "well they were 5-4 so no worries, lets just keep doing the same thing". You can bet the other teams that went to the SB didn't take the same attitude the rest of the season. There is no sense of urgency.

Back
Top Bottom