MERGED 2X: Satellite Feed Found/ TV Schedule for Jax Game | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED 2X: Satellite Feed Found/ TV Schedule for Jax Game

Godd, that is in the middle of the ARC. How did you come up with this info?

Well, I consider this a major coup. I can see this weeks game tonight at 10:30. Last week I had to wait until Sunday to see it. I'll still listen on WQAM though.

Didn't I hear that DirecTV is doing pre-season? Or, was that just a pipe-dream? Thanks.

When I tried to watch the Tampa Fins game on Sunshine last Sunday the damn thing was blacked out. Do you think this one will be also?

Originally posted by Da 'Fins
Didn't I hear that DirecTV is doing pre-season? Or, was that just a pipe-dream? Thanks.

Next pre-season when NFL channel is in full swing. The NFL channel starts this year November.

Oliver...

Brent,

If I told you, I'd have to kill you. Since I don't know your location, I can't kill you. So I can't tell you.

J/K

What's the most useful information site in the world? Google

I did a google search for "c band satellite sunshine"

I came up with alot but about the fourth page I tried-I came up with this.

http://www.satelliteprogramming.com/new/cgi-bin/4dtv_cl.asp

Now if you would share with me the amazement that is C band I'd sure appreciate it.

Who's the service provider?
What does the equipment cost?
What's the service charge?
Does one have to be technologically savvy to adjust it?

Gimme the info man! I'm a cable subscriber that is pissed because I got an HDTV and I'm going to have to pay extra just to receive the feed in HDTV.

Okay here it goes The Miami local station will transmitt the game from Jax back to Miami in the Clear. If you have access to a CBand dish you can and I have picked it off, I have been doing so for many years. It very well could be on Weststar 4 Or W4 as its short hand name. Its much more easy if you have the proper info like satellite and transponder. Otherwise you search the arc 20minutes before the game like I wil. This my friends is not the Sunshine Network feed which is tape delayed!

Should be on T6, Fox network news feed is on Transponder 1, FINS-JAX on Transponder 16!

I got to figure out this c band thing :huh:

Originally posted by ZOD
I got to figure out this c band thing :huh:

Where do you live at Zod? FL? Well anyway I live in Tazewell, VA. Take a look on map quest. If you think you can drive that far and have something to haul it with I will give you a c-band dish and a recevier. I have a recevier, my mom and dad have an old dish in the yard and my grandparents have an eye. I will have to ask to make sure but I am sure that I could gather all the stuff up and you could have it. We all have Direct-TV. C-Band of course used to be the only Satellite old there about 15 years ago. They are slowly dieing out but they are still something kind of cool to have. I would say in five to ten years they will be gone completely. As of right now they are slowly taking all the good channels from it to try and get people to go to something else before it is gone all together. It had NFL Sunday Ticket intill this year. That is the reason my grandfather just got a Direct-TV. Also the FX channel was taken off as well. I think they have NASCAR right? Anyway take a look at this site for more info on C-Band and let me know if you are interested.:)

C-Band is great for preseason games! Again you will not find them in any listing. Most preseason games are not National Network coverage. Tonight game is being by the CBS affilliate in Miami. Bob Griese and Nat Moore are doing Color Commentary but its just side work/free lance stuff. In other words they arent being paid by CBS, just the local CBS affiliate in Miami. In searching for this game, I stumbled over the Cowboy/Vikings as well. Most preseason local affilate type of game is broadcast in the clear and not scrambled. Meaning any Cband dish will pick it up. All regular season games are scrambled on DTV and CBAND however. Next weeks game with the FALCS is a National Broadcast game meaning it will be shown coast to coast. The last game with the Saints will be done like tonights-Live on Cband broadcast from Miami back to the local affiliate in New Orleans, you will have to search about 20minutes before kickoff.

Back
Top Bottom