Merged 2X: Take this with a grain of salt / Norv to Accept? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged 2X: Take this with a grain of salt / Norv to Accept?

KB21

Club Member
Reaction score
Take this with a grain of salt, but........

.....Pro Football Talk says they have sources that say the Oakland job will be offered to Norv Turner, and the ball is in his court on whether he takes the job or not.

This would be a major blow to the Dolphins, IMO. There is not a coordinator in the league that can match Norv's ability or his offense.

Altohugh I don't think Norv is a TOP 5 coordinator in the league, he is still very good. The biggest problem I see though is a lack of someone being able to replace him. We'd probably have to promote someone within the organization or just pick out of college level because I don't know who else is left.

Originally posted by breckenridge55
Altohugh I don't think Norv is a TOP 5 coordinator in the league, he is still very good. The biggest problem I see though is a lack of someone being able to replace him. We'd probably have to promote someone within the organization or just pick out of college level because I don't know who else is left.

Ya the only guy left is Weis in NE and he won't take a lateral move.

Dare we say Don Strock? :)

Originally posted by NavyFishFan

Ya the only guy left is Weis in NE and he won't take a lateral move.

Dare we say Don Strock? :)

So let's hire Weis and give him a promotion. ;)

The problem with Marc Trestman is you don't know whether or not Ricky will be wasted under him, if his offenses elsewhere are taken into consideration. We gave 2 firsts for a big time back like Ricky you dont want to install an offense where all the sudden a back like him becomes a relatively unimportant piece of the puzzle.

What I've heard as far as replacement goes, is possibly Jimmy Raye from the Jets who is an offensive assistant.

Norv highly recommended him for the QB Coach position but the Jets refused to give us permission to interview him. But if we want to interview him for Offensive Coordinator they would be under a lot of pressure to allow him to interview because he is black.

Originally posted by ckparrothead
The problem with Marc Trestman is you don't know whether or not Ricky will be wasted under him, if his offenses elsewhere are taken into consideration. We gave 2 firsts for a big time back like Ricky you dont want to install an offense where all the sudden a back like him becomes a relatively unimportant piece of the puzzle.

Not worried about that really. How could you have that kind of a weapon and NOT use it?

Truthfully, I'd rather not see him get the ball 35+ times a game...he's gonna get fried.

Norv Turner to accept oakland job?

Reports are saying that norv turner may become the oakland raiders head coach next season.

If so where does that leave us at offensive coordinator?

if he goes we better get someone good like jim fassel or someone that knows how to use the running game.

Re: Norv Turner to accept oakland job?

Originally posted by dolfan34
Reports are saying that norv turner may become the oakland raiders head coach next season.

If so where does that leave us at offensive coordinator?

if he goes we better get someone good like jim fassel or someone that knows how to use the running game.
do you have a link?

Trestman I think will take the job. If we draft Rivers then we are set as he is fantastic in a get the ball to the receiver on time and let him go.

Yes but Ricky Williams isn't exactly a prototypical west coast offense back. Look at the RB production from the teams Trestman has OC'd for man. We've invested more in Ricky than we will be investing in Rivers if we draft him.

Look at Barlow. Him and Ricky are actually quite similar and he is a WCO. WCO is for ball control and Ricky can do that quite well. Garrison Hearst got the ball plenty when Trestman was around. Besides Ricky needs more YPC, not carries.

Back
Top Bottom