Merged 2X: Take this with a grain of salt / Norv to Accept? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged 2X: Take this with a grain of salt / Norv to Accept?

Yeah but even the losers get lucky sometimes. But i have to wonder if Trestman knew something when he signed here a few days ago. i mean, he comes here, and suddenly Norv is in Oakland? I think Norv could be asking for trouble taking on this job cus it could be Al Davis asking him to rebuild something impossible and then dishing him off in a year or two.

i like the Trestman deal. Dude had great offenses in Oakland/SF

Norv Has Oak Job If He Wants

According to www.profootballtalk.com

Profootballtalk.com has been informed by several sources that present offensive Dolphins coordinator Norv Turner will be named the new coach of the Raiders once several minor issues of the gig are finalized

Per our source "the ball is in Turner's court . . . if he wants the job he can have it." Look for Turner, unlike the previous overrated candidate Sean Payton, to accept the gig in the near future. Stay tuned.

What do you guys think?

I think I wouldn't believe Profootball talk if they told me there was snow on the North Pole.

They are the biggest gossip mongering hack site there is.

Originally posted by fin-atic
I think I wouldn't believe Profootball talk if they told me there was snow on the North Pole.

They are the biggest gossip mongering hack site there is.

ahah, couldn't agree more.

Originally posted by NavyFishFan

PFT = National Enquirer of Sports.

Boy is that the truth. That is the biggest trash site full of hacks I have ever seen. For the life of me I have no idea why anyone gives them a shred of credibility.

Tressman would be great. Very strong offensive mind. I don't think Ricky would waste under him. I think Ricky is having to carry to much of the load now. He would bring an effective passing game which would in turn mean less punishment on Ricky.

I woudl take Ricky running for 1200 versus 1800 if it meant we were balanced and winning more.

exactly right about PFT. they hope what they say comes true, and then can say "you heard it here first."

IMO weis would be a great fit if Philip Rivers is drafted. Maybe next year? if NT goes to oakland, then all HC jobs are filled. wait till next season, and see what happens. i hope DW does well though, because i think he's a good coach. Tressman also runs something similar to the pats.

NT biggest problem is he doesn't change his game. if he has JF, and Derriuis Tompson he still has the same offense as if he had Aikman and Irvin. Sorry doesn't work like that in the NFL anymore.

NT leaves- good luck
NT stays- good luck.

doesn't bother me either way.

Back
Top Bottom