Merged 2X: Todd Wade's Contract | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged 2X: Todd Wade's Contract

He's above average and stays healthy, I'd like to keep him but he is whinning to the press, that never works, shut-up and play the $$$ will come if you are as good as you say you are. We can always franchise or transition tag him.

I hope to God we don't tag him. He's not worth anywhere near that amount of money.

Why would Miami want to tag him anyways.I don't why he thinks he deserve top money.

Todd Wade????

How does Todd have the nerve to make statements about how unhappy he is that a new more lucrative contract has not been offered to him? And, he has given somewhat of an ultimatum as to when the deal needs to be completed by. :confused: Is it just me or did he look like a set of congas last Friday?

Originally posted by clumpedplatelet
Miami will NOT have the cap space to tag him

:foundout:

This is the 100th time you've sung this song..

Clinton was impeached because he lied about an adulterous affair. Clumpy lied about "cap jail". When will Clumpy be banned?

Funny..

Raiders and Miami seem to be the only teams who are in "cap jail" yet have a ton of talent all the time. Weird :confused: .

Anyway, Wade doesn't deserve a new contract right now. That's one thing I like about Miami. They tell you to go out there and actually prove it before hand instead of just throwing money at you.

I don't think Clump was lying or is lying when he talks about cap jail...
We should be in cap trouble...Spielman has just proven that he is a better capologist than most...He has restructured deals and made cheap acquisitions...:cp:

Miami will NOT have the cap space to tag him

:foundout:

You actually don't know that! I know you practice the cap, and your pretty good at understanding most of it, but if you were that sure, or knew that much you would be getting paid for it!

As for tagging him? He's not worth it, period, point blank! It would mean he gets LT type money!

:rolleyes:

BTW: Unless Fins restructured players like Taylor or Surtain, their isn't any cap space in the 2003 cap to sign Wade to an extension now. His cap number is $712,000. Any extension will only add cap space to 2003. Right now, according to Clayton's numbers, you are about $1.33 million under the cap. The trades of Dyer and McGarrahan freed up about an additional $400,000. You will need about $500,000 of that for a full PS and with the problems/injuries on the OL, I do not suspect that cap space could be found there. Re-signing Wade now will be difficult.

We have a first rounder next year and it wouldn't surprise me if they go with LT or RT. They will try to upgrade their line against next year because of aging players and Ricky Williams.

There will be a lot of shuffle because of the cap. Smith and McKinney will be there, and they could draft a couple of good prospects in the early round.

:rolleyes:

BTW: Unless Fins restructured players like Taylor or Surtain, their isn't any cap space in the 2003 cap to sign Wade to an extension now. His cap number is $712,000. Any extension will only add cap space to 2003. Right now, according to Clayton's numbers, you are about $1.33 million under the cap. The trades of Dyer and McGarrahan freed up about an additional $400,000. You will need about $500,000 of that for a full PS and with the problems/injuries on the OL, I do not suspect that cap space could be found there. Re-signing Wade now will be difficult.

Raiders were 40$ millions over last year and they kept their players. Some cuts here and there and we will be ok.

Yeah, Wade needs to back up what he's predicting before we talk contract. I don't blame him for wanting to get a deal done and get it out of his mind. But he has yet to prove that he's worth anything more than average money.

Originally posted by Muck
Yeah, Wade needs to back up what he's predicting before we talk contract. I don't blame him for wanting to get a deal done and get it out of his mind. But he has yet to prove that he's worth anything more than average money.

IMO he will never be the pass protector he needs to be! So if I were him, I would do, or say whatever I could to get a nice big deal done ASAP!

Back
Top Bottom