Merged 2X: Todd Wade's Contract | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged 2X: Todd Wade's Contract

Each teams' cap situation is different. Raiders had many players with HUGE roster bonuses and/or salaries and little in signing bonus amortization. Their situation was way overblown. Miami's was different and if Zach Thomas hadn't extended his contract, you would have seen a much different offseason.

What many of y'all conveniently fail to remember, when I posted my "original cap outlook" a number of months ago, I included that your whole offseason was predicated on Zach Thomas signing a contract extension. I also stated that their would be NO big time FAs signed (Seau was a trade) and sorry Griese isn't big time. I also advanced that even in cap jail teams can be active (re: Bills re-signing WR Moulds to market value deal while in cap hell). It's all a matter of understanding and I think that many of you will become more attuned to "cap jail" come this next offseason

I agree Clump but each year we hear the same thing by Buffalo fans and T.Bowens, S. Madison, Z.Thomas....are still with team because they always restructure their contracts.

Next year we will gt rid of players like Ruddy, Perry, McKnight and restructure some key guys and we won't be in cap jail.

Speilman manages the cap over a three year time horizon so I think its fair to say that there is already a plan in place to take care of next years cap situation just like there was this year (restructuring Zach).

Spielman already said he is an average player and his evaluation on Todd Wade is not going to change over night unless Wade has a terrific year.We should be glad to have a talnt evlaluater like Spielman who won't overpay for average players.

Thats a pretty good spin there Clumped...but if I remember correctly you have been quoted as saying the Phins do not have enough money to re-sign Rob Konrad or Mark Dixon...merely days before the Phins did in fact do so.

Junior Seau's renegotiated contract makes him function basically as a free agent acquisition. The fact that you are trying to spin that into you being right about 'no major FA acquisitions' is just hilarious because you also went on record with stuff about not being able to trade for Kyle Turley and other stuff like that.

BTW, when exactly did Zach sign that extension? If I remember correctly he did it a month or so into free agency...and that didn't keep the coaches from offering a sizable sum to Wayne Gandy right at the start of Free Agency, DID it? I think if Gandy signed on the dotted line, that would have fully qualified as a "major" FA acquisition...and to make an offer, the team has to have the room. So basically you were just wrong. Wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong. No other way to put it.

But you, will NEVER admit you were ever ever wrong about the salary cap. Never. Yet you're wrong soooo many times and I am not referring to "cap jail" statements because thats all subjective...as you so eloquently point out.

Good points CK

the reason we are in "cap hell" and we can't afford a "major" FA acquisition like Spikes is because we have already drafted them and we just need to keep them instead of luring them away from other teams.

Madison,Surtain,Taylor,Bowens,... are all product of the draft.

Wade needs to shut the f*ck up and go out play cause he's been sucking the entire preseason. He wants All-Pro money but he's currently giving us a journeyman's performance. I'd like to keep him on the team but if we can't lock him up for 3-3.5 m / year I say we go in a different direction.

Todd Wade is tooo greedy

With the season getting ready to start, he needs to quiet down. I can't believe he wants an extension after his poor preseason play thus far. He is no where near an elite tackle. For him to want the same money as Pettigout and Turley is downright absurd. I want him to stay a Dolphin, but not for $5 million a year. He is not good enough to deserve that kind of pay day. My best friends are World champion UFC fighters and they only make about $100,000 a fight and they are the absolute best in the world. Be happy you are a Professional football player Todd Wade, and you will be rewarded accordingly by the fins. Don't believe the hype that your agent is trying to pull. Five years at about $15-18 million is all you are worth, and that is still a ****LOAD of $$$$$$$$$. Get a clue and stay loyal, you are on a great team and live in a great city. BE HAPPY, I know I would be.

Originally posted by minus
We should be glad to have a talnt evlaluater like Spielman who won't overpay for average players.

Not sure what you meant there... were you trying to say "taint evaluator"? Cuz I've done some of that work in my spare time, and I'm pretty good at it.

Todd Wade does not deserve big bucks. Especially the below decent game he had vs The Falcons. He deserves a new contract but not a big time one.

Originally posted by clumpedplatelet
Miami will NOT have the cap space to tag him

:foundout:

oh geez, here we go again. its september clump. tell us in february would ya? then we can prove you wrong then. ok?

Originally posted by Prime Time
Todd Wade does not deserve big bucks. Especially the below decent game he had vs The Falcons. He deserves a new contract but not a big time one.

i would give about 3 mil/year if he plays the way he played two years ago. otherwise, i think we will once again be getting Olinemen bigtime next year. In fact, if we could land a LT in free agency, we could move wade over to RT and back up both spots maybe.
I think wade will end up signing. i thnk he will shut up anfd just play. he has a lot to prove this year. i hope he does.

Originally posted by clumpedplatelet
Each teams' cap situation is different. Raiders had many players with HUGE roster bonuses and/or salaries and little in signing bonus amortization. Their situation was way overblown. Miami's was different and if Zach Thomas hadn't extended his contract, you would have seen a much different offseason.

What many of y'all conveniently fail to remember, when I posted my "original cap outlook" a number of months ago, I included that your whole offseason was predicated on Zach Thomas signing a contract extension. I also stated that their would be NO big time FAs signed (Seau was a trade) and sorry Griese isn't big time. I also advanced that even in cap jail teams can be active (re: Bills re-signing WR Moulds to market value deal while in cap hell). It's all a matter of understanding and I think that many of you will become more attuned to "cap jail" come this next offseason

Griese isn't a big time FA? He only started in Denver for four years and went to the probowl. What about Sammy Knight? Another probowler. Derrius Thompson isn't as big as those guys, but he also started in Washington all of last year. I think we signed plenty of free-agents that are considered "big time."

Back
Top Bottom