Merged:3X Dolphins Sign Kendall Newson to Active Roster/ Will Play Sunday/ Newson | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged:3X Dolphins Sign Kendall Newson to Active Roster/ Will Play Sunday/ Newson

Originally posted by dolphan39
while it is not that suprising since we are not ready to sign an OLmen and we have Dixon's spot, but I am surprised he will active Sunday unless Rogers will be inactive

I'm pretty sure Rogers was inactive last week.

Newson activated

Not sure if anyone else seen this or not. Makes me wonder what they're trying to do.

Dolphins | Newson Activated -
Miami Dolphins WR Kendall Newson has been activated to the 53-man roster and may receive some playing time in four or five wide receiver sets during Week 10.

So how many receivers does this give us now? Are we going to use more 4 receiver sets? What does this do to our running game (like if we had one to begin with)?

Originally posted by ChambersOwnz84
What the hell for? Don't tell me they're gonna go and activate him now, before Tolver. I'd be pissed.

Tolver was active last week, but didn't play.

Originally posted by inFINSible
Hmmmm....are we going to go with some 4-wide formations this week????

yeah im thinking they want to take the heat off one rookie and give it to another so one can concentrate on WR ;) and that means 4 WR. you just may see ricky blocking alot and then getting draws and such.

Newson isn't a rookie.

Re: Newson activated

Originally posted by IceStorm
Not sure if anyone else seen this or not. Makes me wonder what they're trying to do.

So how many receivers does this give us now? Are we going to use more 4 receiver sets? What does this do to our running game (like if we had one to begin with)?

Knowing Norv I doubt we will, but you never know.

He was probably signed because of his returning ability,

They're not going 4 wide with Newson. That would take either RW or RM off the field. I'd rather have RW or RM on the field.

Kendall Newson

Did you guys see that Newson was signed from the practice squad this week and will be active for the titans game? The article said that he should see som action in 3 wide reciever sets. It also said he should see action in the return game.

Apparently he passed Tolver on the depth chart. He's fast too. I remember him leading NFL Europe in yards per catch.

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/football/7212251.htm

Hopefully he'll spark our return game.

He runs @ 4.55 over 40 yards. I haven't heard anything about Newsome passing Tolver. The report I saw said Newsome could play in 4 wr sets. If Miami tries to spread Tenn. out then we need at least 4 wideouts (IMO McMichael can spread out as a wideout) and maybe 5 if you want injury coverage. In that case you need Newsome available regardless of whether he has moved up on the depth chart.

Back
Top Bottom