Merged 3X: Marino having 2nd thoughts? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged 3X: Marino having 2nd thoughts?

I am not saying I believe it one way or the other at this point, it could be true and Dan may still stay who knows what will happen, I just think it's going to be a PR nightmare if it turns out to be true and Dan does change his mind.

Why do you say ESPN's credibility has fallen? Most everything they report comes to fruition.

I believed all along Marino was just a figurehead for a shrewd businessman and his football operations.

Marino obviously has ZERO authority and that's not what he thought was going to happen. All the threads about Dan WILL get us a QB gave me a chuckle due to the fact he has no power and/or authority to"get" anyone.

Dan was done a grave injustice if he was told he would be anything other than a high-priced figurehead.

The situation is cloudy...

i wonder if what PFT said is right. Marino wanted to use power he didn't have. Marino said he wouldn't have taken the job if he had known it was a figurehead position... so is it, or isn't it?

blah, this organization is really in shambles... Eddie Jones said that everyone's powers weren't decided yet (which is a joke to being with) and now i suppose the powers were dived up and Marino is unsure if he wants this?

only time will tell.

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't seen mentioned the last part of Mort's statement. He said Dan was told to take time off and not dive into it, take it slow and basically just o a little here or there. Then he said Dan may decide to dive into all the way. I think the 2nd thought is about just doing it part time. I heard and drew a far different conclusion then some here. I heard Mort say Dan was trying to decide to do this job full time.

Originally posted by PhinsmissedFG
Why do you say ESPN's credibility has fallen? Most everything they report comes to fruition.

I believed all along Marino was just a figurehead for a shrewd businessman and his football operations.

Marino obviously has ZERO authority and that's not what he thought was going to happen. All the threads about Dan WILL get us a QB gave me a chuckle due to the fact he has no power and/or authority to"get" anyone.

Dan was done a grave injustice if he was told he would be anything other than a high-priced figurehead.

Pure conjecture.

Chuckle, chuckle.

BB

Why the hell does everyone care so much that they feel "sick" and think there is going to be some major backlash if he quits. If Dan Marino honestly thought he was going to be making draft picks and signing all our free agents, I hope he does quit, cause Rick Speilman is the only guy I want making personel decisions at this time.

If Dan wants that power, he should quit, or wait for his time to come. No walks into that kind of power in this league, regardless of stature. I loved Dan Marino the player as much as anyone, but thats not going to jade my opinion on this situation. I don't need to know Dan Marino's associated with the Miami Dolphins to feel comfortable about the future, as if he were some sort of security blanket most Dolphins fans haven't let go of in 4 years.

I want Danny to stay, and learn, not stay, and rule.

Originally posted by Stamos
Why the hell does everyone care so much that they feel "sick" and think there is going to be some major backlash if he quits. If Dan Marino honestly thought he was going to be making draft picks and signing all our free agents, I hope he does quit, cause Rick Speilman is the only guy I want making personel decisions at this time.

If Dan wants that power, he should quit, or wait for his time to come. No walks into that kind of power in this league, regardless of stature. I loved Dan Marino the player as much as anyone, but thats not going to jade my opinion on this situation. I don't need to know Dan Marino's associated with the Miami Dolphins to feel comfortable about the future, as if he were some sort of security blanket most Dolphins fans haven't let go of in 4 years.

I want Danny to stay, and learn, not stay, and rule.

my sick feeling was related to if it was true what a crazy turn of events the whole front office deal has become. a joke of sorts.

but it's not true so it doesn't matter.
but was does matter i don't think much has changed, only time will tell but if you think the rspeils wanny flipflop was change it is miniscule at best. and yea i am aware of the bs concerning who picked who at draft time...unless either of us were there we don't really know.
but what has come out was written about recently by one of the draft room participants in 2001-2002 and it wasn't all pro speils.

end of story

Well, Stamos, I just have an intuitive feel that there's nothing to the story, but I agree with the general theme of your comments to the point that Dan has to become acclimated before he can start making decisions.

Granted, he's definitely learned what hard work is, and has shown an ability to translate that ethic from football to TV, but he's had zero business / office experience. I would hope he's intelligent enough to realize he needs to get a feel for it before he starts slinging his #### around. Hell, I'm a lawyer and it took 7-9 years before I became comfortable with the way things work. Dan's got to feel his role out. Presently, he'll probably have a charisma that will help in FA signings, maybe some talent evaluation for WR and QB. Maybe he'll be able to sit in on some team meetings and provide some insights. Beyond that, it's pretty ridiculous to think he can jump in and start making big moves on his own.

The Big O is talking about that now...says he was pissed off (off air of course) when they made a joke about the "figurehead" thing on Inside the NFL on HBO...Wanda Sykes joked about it too.

I don't think Dan likes Wanda too much..every since she did that comedy thing about the recall and said, "Man, these crackers don't know sh*t...". Who saw the look on Dan's face right after?

"Profootballtalk" on Marino

Rumors, rumors, rumors.

Last edited by a moderator:
I love this "I knew all along that he's a figure head" spouting in this thread.

Before you THOUGHT he might be a figure head, there's no way you KNEW anything. And right now, your STILL just speculating about what's going an, and STILL know nothing.

How about we all just sit back and see how this pans out before we start claiming victores? Everyone has to agree if Dan leaves now, it'd be very bad for the organization, internally, and publicity-wise. So instaed of trying to prove who was right about his signing, how about we focus on what will be best for the franchise?

Whether he quits or not, the fact remains that he's either a powerless figurehead or he's not qualified for the job. Either way, it was a bad move.

Back
Top Bottom