Merged 3X: Peter Boulware Released!!!!/Boulware released | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged 3X: Peter Boulware Released!!!!/Boulware released

stan marino said:
Boulware is 30? this is probably his last chance at a decent contract so i doubt he comes cheap. Unless he signs a 1 year deal to prove hes not hurt and tries to sign again next year.

There are enough teams looking for a LB that he'll get a longer deal. Any of the teams who lost out on Brown would likely offer more than we can afford.

CanadaPhinsFan said:
There are enough teams looking for a LB that he'll get a longer deal. Any of the teams who lost out on Brown would likely offer more than we can afford.

Yeah he could be a big addition to a team like the Saints, or Seahawks.

stan marino said:
Yeah he could be a big addition to a team like the Saints, or Seahawks.

I think that's what is most likely going to happen. With the amount of talent he has, he'll get more than just a small 1 yr contract. Too bad, it would be nice to add a player like that.

i thought the priority this morning was a DT????

Here's some stats on Peter Boulware for anyone interested. They're quite impressive I might add... especially the sack totals for a LB. We definitely got to take this guy into consideration.

Height: 6'4"
Weight: 255lbs

Not counting last season (since he didn't play a single game because of injury), and he's averaging almost 10 sacks a year throughout his career... that's pretty damn impressive for a LB if you ask me! Not to mention (not counting last year), he's averaging about 2 forced fumbles a year. Only downside is he's average around 55 tackles a year (not that bad considering everything else he's done), he's 30 years old, and he's injury prone. Another concern could also be if his asking price is too much, but I definitely think we should seriously look into signing this guy. (Also Keith Traylor)

If you want to check out his stats, check it out here. http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/4711

He had missed exactly one game in his career prior to last year so i wouldn't call him injury prone.

That said, he'll cost way too much for this team at this point. I say we go with what we have as far as LB's go and look for an upgrade at WR and DT (Traylor please)

Don't you all wish we had just drafted Wilfork like we should have kept that pick and traded up for Dorsey? Oh well, hindsight I guess.

Gunner4u65 said:
I would groan if he ended up with the Patsies to help fill the void that will probably be left behind by Bruski's medical problems ...

:roflmao: where have u been? we have 17 lbs on our roster now, we officially signed chad brown today, and got beisel, and ryan claridge from the draft.... we dont need any more lbs.....

chad brown almost went to pitt but he didnt as he wants to play more, plus he wants to have great chance to win a ring this year.... and thats exactly what the "patsies" do ........

PhinsTD said:
He had missed exactly one game in his career prior to last year so i wouldn't call him injury prone.

That said, he'll cost way too much for this team at this point. I say we go with what we have as far as LB's go and look for an upgrade at WR and DT (Traylor please)

Don't you all wish we had just drafted Wilfork like we should have kept that pick and traded up for Dorsey? Oh well, hindsight I guess.
Very true, I think I should have said injury concern because it's usually pretty seriously when you have a knee or ACL injury. I'm pretty sure I remember hearing that he a toe and knee injury, and that is why he was sidelined the entire season last year and placed on IR. I was mistaken by saying he was injury prone, injury concern would describe it better. Also, I agree with what you said about how he'll probably be asking too much. Also I agree, really would have been great if we drafted Wilfork.

pro bowl linebacker boulware

Just got released!!!! Can we afford this guy?? He can be a huge asset to this team. What do you guys think???

cchambers84td said:
Just got released!!!! Can we afford this guy?? He can be a huge asset to this team. What do you guys think???

ya man, u are way late on this one......search before you post something that happened 8 hours ago...most likely it was posted.

Back
Top Bottom