Merged 3X: Say it isn't so!!!! / Spurrier to Miami | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged 3X: Say it isn't so!!!! / Spurrier to Miami

Do you want Spurrier as the new HC?

• Yes

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • No

Votes: 10 76.9%

• Total voters
Why? If Spurries comes, he will get rid of Jay because he needs a QB with an arm, which is good, since all of you were asking for it all season. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Prime Time
Why? If Spurries comes, he will get rid of Jay because he needs a QB with an arm, which is good, since all of you were asking for it all season. :rolleyes:

It doesn't matter who is here, Jay has a SLIM chance of being the starter next year(that's being decent for all of the people with "Fiedler" in their user names).

Should the Dolphins name Steve Spurrier as their next coach?

6.0%
Yes (45 responses)

94.0%
No (705 responses)

750 total responses

Spurrier = OWNED!

Last edited by a moderator:
OMG, you people can't look at the good side of this. IF it were to happen, Spurrier would get an o-line (he learns from mistakes) and he would trade up to the top 5 to pick manning, roethlisberger or rivers. Plus, he gave up on the "Fun'n'gun" halfway through last season, hell he doesnt even call the plays anymore. I think he would do much better than most of you would like to think (btw, i hate the gaytors, go KNIGHTS)

That's one thing I like about Spurrier, he wants something that's within reach, he gives his all into getting it. Kind've goes along with what Outtawack said about Roethlisberger and Manning.

Still, I am not hopping onto his bandwagon.

I never said i wanted him here. I am just trying to state something positive about him since it seems no one else is willing to do so. He IS better than Wanny for this team(almost anyone is).

Originally posted by outtawack311
OMG, you people can't look at the good side of this. IF it were to happen, Spurrier would get an o-line (he learns from mistakes) and he would trade up to the top 5 to pick manning, roethlisberger or rivers. Plus, he gave up on the "Fun'n'gun" halfway through last season, hell he doesnt even call the plays anymore. I think he would do much better than most of you would like to think (btw, i hate the gaytors, go KNIGHTS)

Dude, I'm not sure I've ever seen anyone be this wrong this many times in one brief post.

1. We have no O-line now and it's not like one is going to magically happen overnight. O-lines take work and lots of money; the 'Fins ain't got neither!' Unless Spurrier has some magic offensive linemen beans that he's ready to sprout he won't be popping one up in Miami any time soon.
2. How exactly would he "trade up to the top 5..." eh? Let's see, we'll be picking somewhere around the middle of the first round, we have no second rounder, and the next pick in line is a third. Hmmm, let's see; nope, not gonna' happen. Just like the old saying "it takes money to make money" here it takes picks to get picks and we just don't have them.
3. "Fun & Gun" is still in full affect whenever Spermier gets a chance to **** things up with it. He runs when he can but, most of the time, he tries to air things out and tries to force things so he can prove to everyone that he really is a genius (yeah, and if you believe that I have a lovely bridge to sell you in San Francisco!)
4. He stopped calling the plays for two games in the middle of the season and couldn't handle not having total control over everything so he took that responsibility right back. Sorry, but the guy couldn't hang with someone else getting any of the credit for the offense so he yanked control right back; total loser move!

Basically, everything you said in that post was wrong. I'd rather keep Wanny around Miami for the next several years than see Spermier drag his egotistical butt down to South Florida for another coaching gig.

Originally posted by Expo88

Dude, I'm not sure I've ever seen anyone be this wrong this many times in one brief post.

1. We have no O-line now and it's not like one is going to magically happen overnight. O-lines take work and lots of money; the 'Fins ain't got neither!' Unless Spurrier has some magic offensive linemen beans that he's ready to sprout he won't be popping one up in Miami any time soon.
2. How exactly would he "trade up to the top 5..." eh? Let's see, we'll be picking somewhere around the middle of the first round, we have no second rounder, and the next pick in line is a third. Hmmm, let's see; nope, not gonna' happen. Just like the old saying "it takes money to make money" here it takes picks to get picks and we just don't have them.
3. "Fun & Gun" is still in full affect whenever Spermier gets a chance to **** things up with it. He runs when he can but, most of the time, he tries to air things out and tries to force things so he can prove to everyone that he really is a genius (yeah, and if you believe that I have a lovely bridge to sell you in San Francisco!)
4. He stopped calling the plays for two games in the middle of the season and couldn't handle not having total control over everything so he took that responsibility right back. Sorry, but the guy couldn't hang with someone else getting any of the credit for the offense so he yanked control right back; total loser move!

Basically, everything you said in that post was wrong. I'd rather keep Wanny around Miami for the next several years than see Spermier drag his egotistical butt down to South Florida for another coaching gig.

And you called Me wrong???? What do you not understand about going out to get an o-line? We have the trade bate to get the players, and the players will be in the FA. With the guys on D that will most likely be released it is feasible. Now for QB; If you look at the top picks in the draft it will most likely include

SD
Arizona - needs qb
Oak
Clev - needs qb
Nyg
Det
Atl

Out of those teams only 2 of them dont like their qb situation. If we made a trade with SD for a top 2 pick (which they should have) for maybe Timbo/ogun/etc and our 1st with maybe some little extras to balance the deal it is feasible that we can have the pick of our choice in the draft.

Now, about the fun'n'gun. I dont know where you got your info, but on sc they said that he gave the offense over to the coordinator. Bye bye fun'n'gun.

I DONT WANT SPURRIER. But he would be better for this team than Wanny because it is a change of pace that would help get this offense back on track.

Originally posted by ChambersOwnz84
Should the Dolphins name Steve Spurrier as their next coach?

6.0%
Yes (45 responses)

94.0%
No (705 responses)

750 total responses[/i
Spurrier = OWNED!

I was just going to post the same thing only now it's up to almost 900 votes with greater than 96% voting NO!!! That should be a message to Wayne: if this rumor is true, DON'T DO IT!!!!!!

Originally posted by outtawack311

And you called Me wrong???? What do you not understand about going out to get an o-line? We have the trade bate to get the players, and the players will be in the FA. With the guys on D that will most likely be released it is feasible. Now for QB; If you look at the top picks in the draft it will most likely include

SD
Arizona - needs qb
Oak
Clev - needs qb
Nyg
Det
Atl

Out of those teams only 2 of them dont like their qb situation. If we made a trade with SD for a top 2 pick (which they should have) for maybe Timbo/ogun/etc and our 1st with maybe some little extras to balance the deal it is feasible that we can have the pick of our choice in the draft.

Now, about the fun'n'gun. I dont know where you got your info, but on sc they said that he gave the offense over to the coordinator. Bye bye fun'n'gun.

I DONT WANT SPURRIER. But he would be better for this team than Wanny because it is a change of pace that would help get this offense back on track.

Is San Diego happy with Brees? If they are, why was Flutie starting just a few weeks ago? I think they'd keep their pick to draft a Manning or Roethlesburg.

As for Spurrier, I can't see a shrewd business man like Wayne H paying him $5 million a year. He certainly hasn't shown he's worth it and there's other candidates who he could get cheaper with more potential.

clear.gif

Hell no...

We need our picks..

Back
Top Bottom