MERGED 3X: Two Intriguing Releases/Brock Marion/Hakim Released | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED 3X: Two Intriguing Releases/Brock Marion/Hakim Released

Please no... Brock made a couple plays but he was terrible the rest of the time.

I think Bates may go after him up in Green Bay. Az-Hakim would be interesting seeing as how Saban openly lamented that we didn't get the field-stretcher at WR that we wanted during the draft.

Brock Marion released.

Lions | Marion Released - from www.KFFL.com
Mon, 25 Apr 2005 13:32:54 -0700

WDFN Sports Radio 1130 AM in Detroit reports the Detroit Lions have released S Brock Marion.

i was SHOCKED when they did not take S Davis with their first pick.

most people saw marion's release commin months ago.

Dolfan1000 said:
I still think I would give them both a look- we have a need at WR and S.

Dude, I loved Marion. I don't care what Wanny, or many of you, say, he was hella sweet. He made the probowl and was crazy when it came to endzone INT's. I know he was getting slower, but he was a solid FS, much more so than anyone we have on the roster right now. I hope he comes back, at least for depth purposes, maybe not as a starter.

brock marion released

Lions | Marion Released - from www.KFFL.com
Mon, 25 Apr 2005 13:32:54 -0700

WDFN Sports Radio 1130 AM in Detroit reports the <A href="http://www.kffl.com/team/16/nfl">Detroit Lions have released S Brock Marion.

I lost all respect for Brock during the Lions-Vikes game. Late in the fourth, Vikes ball, give to O. Smith up the middle. Oline clears a huge hole, and suddenly it's just Brock and 4 yards of air between Smith and the goalline. Smith lowered his shoulder and absoultely DESTROYED Brock on the way to a TD. Lit him up and put him on his back.

And this wasnt a "Brock dove at him" type play ether. He squared up, went for the hit... and got beat by the Vikes 2nd string RB.

I remember that play- but we need S, especially veteran experience for Tillman/Bell/Daniels/Bua etc.

WOW! maybe this can fall into our favor and we can get him at a small fee and maybe he can play like he did in the old days for us again.

miami mayham said:
WOW! maybe this can fall into our favor and we can get him at a small fee and maybe he can play like he did in the old days for us again.

The problem is he's now in his old days. If Detroit released him, it's likely because he's pretty much done. At this point in his career, he's a few steps too slow. Although he would be a good guy to have around for the younger players.

I think Hakim should get some consideration. We need another WR, and he is a nice deep threat. Brock is washed up and not worth our time imo

There's a reason we released Brock in the first place: he didn't live up to his cap number. I'm not sure he's willing to take vet minimum either.

Back
Top Bottom