Merged 4x: Bucs release John Lynch | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged 4x: Bucs release John Lynch

xiidaen

FinHeaven.com Evangelist
Reaction score
Bucs might release Lynch?

He turns 33 in September. He's coming off shoulder surgery. The Bucs would save a little more than $4 million against the salary cap if they cut Lynch before June 1. He is due a $1 million roster bonus June 1. If Lynch is released after that, the Bucs save a little more than $5 million. Imagine the whiz-bang offensive toys that could buy.

http://bucs.tbo.com/bucs/MGA61HPCORD.html

I don't know that we need a safety, but he was quite good. Is he still?

Yeah but releasing Lynch would be a HUGE mistake IMO. Their defense looked really average with out him last year. He is the heart of that D. I can't imagine they would do that. If they do I think they are going to have to rebuild the team...

Originally posted by Oboy
If they do I think they are going to have to rebuild the team...

Gruden is doing that, basically. He's keeping a few players, but turning over one hell of a lot more. He's rebuilding the Bucs into "Raiders East."

On NFL Network this morning, it was mentioned if he is released the Jets will make a play for him. Now will he be the same player as he was with the Bucs or going to the Jets make him play like Ronnie Lott did at the end of his career.

Originally posted by FinFrenzy
Sports radio hear in Tampa this morning were saying they want Boston.

Yeah well with our FO,s history of competing for players, this means that Tampa already has him and Miami lost out.

Good bye Boston....at least you will still be in Florida!

....the dreaded Miami curse strikes again.
which unsigned player do we put a fantasy dolphin jersey on next??

Bucs release John Lynch

according the ESPN's bottom line.

Is there any interest in sporting two SS in the secondary?

I have no idea if he has anything left in the tank. Anybody watch this guy on game day last year? Don,t know if he is a cap cut or if he is too old.

From what I'm reading, Lynch has called a press conference in his hometown of San Diego. The Bucs are denying they've released him.

Sounds like he might be retiring.

Originally posted by Muck
From what I'm reading, Lynch has called a press conference in his hometown of San Diego. The Bucs are denying they've released him.

Sounds like he might be retiring.

Him calling for a press conference is a little puzzling.

Back
Top Bottom