Merged 5x:HOLY CRAP did you see that catch by LEE | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged 5x:HOLY CRAP did you see that catch by LEE

Heartbreaker. But, poor management by the Pack. Panthers deserve to win this one. Favre is always special on monday night.

I wonder how many games they have to drop before they pull Brett for the Rookie. Not due to poor performance by Brett, really... but to get Aaron some experience once their season is meaningless.

phinphanphrommi said:
I wonder how many games they have to drop before they pull Brett for the Rookie. Not due to poor performance by Brett, really... but to get Aaron some experience once their season is meaningless.
i doubt they will. i mean c'mon....favre's last season spent on the bench? never gonna happen. rodgers doesn't need the experience right away anyhow

phinphanphrommi said:

I'd say IF they are winless or maybe have 1 win by week 7-8 you almost have to. The question is do they have the #$#@* to do it.

I would continue to let Aaron sit. The whole year if I could, or as long as I could stand the heat. This is Brett's team. I don't care how many games you lose you don't sit him. Let him retire a starter.

Rookies dont deserve to start unless they show something in practice that shows you they deserve to start. Think about it like Saban keeps saying with kids. If you start off a relationship with a kid by rewarding him when he didn't do anything really good, how is that relationship going to continue from there? What, you deserve to start because you got drafted in the first round? No. You DESERVE to start when you work your butt off in practice and make good use of your limited opportunities and you start looking better than the starter.

kastofsna120 said:
i doubt they will. i mean c'mon....favre's last season spent on the bench? never gonna happen. rodgers doesn't need the experience right away anyhow

I think it depends on their priorities, really. Class, respect, and honoring someone who has been there for them in the past... or the future.

You never want to see someone like Marino, Farve, or any of the other greats get benched... but if you're making decisions based off of logic instead of emotion, it doesn't make sense to play Farve over Rodgers with a 0-7 or 0-8 record. Farve will not be back next year if their record gets bad enough that they have a large portion of their season made meaningless due to a poor record. He's been through too much recently to waste his time in a lost cause when his replacement has already been found.

phinphanphrommi said:
I think it depends on their priorities, really. Class, respect, and honoring someone who has been there for them in the past... or the future.

You never want to see someone like Marino, Farve, or any of the other greats get benched... but if you're making decisions based off of logic instead of emotion, it doesn't make sense to play Farve over Rodgers with a 0-7 or 0-8 record. Farve will not be back next year if their record gets bad enough that they have a large portion of their season made meaningless due to a poor record. He's been through too much recently to waste his time in a lost cause when his replacement has already been found.
the league exists because of the fans. as much of an idiot mike sherman is, he knows that the green bay fans want to see favre play, and want to see him exit the game on a high note, not sitting on the bench. i'm sure they'll take a half-season or so of struggling by rodgers next year for the experience they got from watching favre's final games in green bay. i think rodgers doesn't need it right away anyhow....

Lee made many great catches in Miami, including the ONLY TD score during our embarassing 2003 game versus Tennessee.

the problem is, you guys don't remember his good stuff... only the drops in the preseason. he was a serviceable backup.

Now Donlad Lee holds onto a ball......

Anyone else notice that he made a good catch for a TD against the Panthers for GB?

I guess it helps to have brett favre throwing it so hard that it wedges between your ribs :lol:

texasPHINSfan said:
Lee made many great catches in Miami, including the ONLY TD score during our embarassing 2003 game versus Tennessee.

the problem is, you guys don't remember his good stuff... only the drops in the preseason. he was a serviceable backup.

oh he had some skills. but he also made a ton of bonehead plays and mistakes. things that his skill couldnt over take. specially as a back up. if the man can ever get his head in the game and cut down on the mistakes, hes got the skills to be a good starting TE in this league.

Nappy Roots said:
oh he had some skills. but he also made a ton of bonehead plays and mistakes. things that his skill couldnt over take. specially as a back up. if the man can ever get his head in the game and cut down on the mistakes, hes got the skills to be a good starting TE in this league.
this is very true... but his mistakes all came during the preseason. he saw his fair share of snaps during regular season games, and actually did very well in 2003. like i said he saved us some face in that gave versus tennessee. he's proved his worth, but due to a bad training camp and preseason he is the "worst thing ever", and the whole fanbase calls for his head.

you are right, he does have the skills.... now we see he can apply them too. He just needs his teammates to have confidence in him, and i guess it doesn't hurt to have a guy like brett throwing you the ball.

Back
Top Bottom