Merged 5x: Pats had Extra 52 Seconds to win game against Steelers | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged 5x: Pats had Extra 52 Seconds to win game against Steelers

MadLib

Rookie of the Year
Reaction score
Pats had Extra 52 Seconds to win game against Steelers

Apparently there was some kind of clock error that allowed the Patriots to have 52 extra seconds to win the game against the Steelers. Im not one to claim most of the Pats success is based off luck like some on this board, but this is just ridiculous.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2173143

the pats get an unfair advantage im SHOCKED[/sarcasm]
;) :goof:

This is what happens when the NFL helps you build your stadium!

We'll just conviently leave out that the game's time keeper is from Pittsburgh and Pitt's stadium. It was his error. He screwed his own team. But that's ok, let's make it look like the Patriots did this on purpose. Also, the Steelers were leading by 3 at the time and there was around 14 minutes left. It was not like we were down to 2 minutes or so and the teams were tied. This could have benefitted either team.

But we got to keep up the cool kids talk!

Bashing and criticizing the Patriots is oh-so-fashionable-and-trendy.

Ho-Hum. :shakeno:

Dirtywater said:
We'll just conviently leave out that the game's time keeper is from Pittsburgh and Pitt's stadium. It was his error. He screwed his own team. But that's ok, let's make it look like the Patriots did this on purpose.

This is so true. It was the Pittsburgh timekeeper, but really it was the officials fault for not keeping track of it. I used to be a timekeeper for both professional soccer and professional indoor football (AFL), whenever I messed up or had a clock screw-up, the officials would correct me. This screw-up has nothing to do with the Patriots.

steveincolorado said:
This is so true. It was the Pittsburgh timekeeper, but really it was the officials fault for not keeping track of it. I used to be a timekeeper for both professional soccer and professional indoor football (AFL), whenever I messed up or had a clock screw-up, the officials would correct me. This screw-up has nothing to do with the Patriots.

Thank you. Yes we were on the good end of an error, but it was not our error.

You guys are better than that.

RAS25 said:
the pats get an unfair advantage im SHOCKED[/sarcasm]
;) :goof:

Oh please....it happened with 14 minutes left in the game with the Pats down.

It had nothing to do with the win.

Shouldn't this be getting more publicity. There is no doubt that this game will be key for either the Steelers or Patriots come playoff time.

Refs messed up!!!!

at the beggining of the 4th quarter of the pats/steelers game the official asked that the clock be reset to 14:01. instead they reset it to 14:51, and they didnt notice. this means the pats got the ball back with a minute and half left, instead of 24 seconds left, like they shoud have. and this gave them plenty of time to drive downfield and kick it.... the Fins should be in 1st palce by them selves!:mad:
the NFL acknowledged this today.

Yeah I saw this but what do you expect it's the Patriots? Now I'm sure it had nothing to do with them winning, but they did make a good point about NE only had 1:20 when they got the ball, deduct that 52 sec, big difference.

RPCity said:
Oh please....it happened with 14 minutes left in the game with the Pats down.

It had nothing to do with the win.

calm down chief...i was messing around thats what these guys usually mean ;) :goof:

Dirtywater said:
We'll just conviently leave out that the game's time keeper is from Pittsburgh and Pitt's stadium. It was his error. He screwed his own team. But that's ok, let's make it look like the Patriots did this on purpose. Also, the Steelers were leading by 3 at the time and there was around 14 minutes left. It was not like we were down to 2 minutes or so and the teams were tied. This could have benefitted either team.

I hope you arent trying to imply that I am bashing the Pats. Never once did I blaim them for this mistake. Although I do consider them a bit lucky by benefiting from it. To say that the 52 seconds did not effect the outcome is definitely debatable, obviously if the Steelers had scored with 29 seconds left in the game (instead of 1:21) it surely would have been a different outcome.

RAS25 said:
calm down chief...i was messing around thats what these guys usually mean ;) :goof:

Nothin about your message specifically.....I was just usin yours as an example of a general attitude.

Back
Top Bottom