MERGED 8X: Lance Shulters released | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED 8X: Lance Shulters released

There is obvious need for a safety, it bothers me that our FS is already having a knee injury (and he has a history of injuries) and Bell has also not proven he can stay healthy for a season. Therefore: Go for Schulters. Saftey, O-Line and QB are currently the biggest problem and Safety seems to be the only thing one can solve in an affordable way.

With Lance Schulters being released...

do you think we'll make a play for him? I personally think he'll be asking too much, but would be worth looking at.

alot of other teams need him more than we do and have more money than we do

I don't see us being a player for his services. I think we'll take a look at him, just to make sure he's not "Superman on Steriods" - so to speak. But, it doesn't make sense for us to spend that kind of money this late in the FA season. Especially on the safety position. I think we'll seriously look at the supplemental draft for DT and we might bring another "warm body" in to compete at S or another position. But, I don't see anything large happening.

We are in great cap shape, even after our rookies are signed. I think we might try to front load an extension to McMichael to help leverage this year's surplus and help us out down the road. Seems like the more logical thing to do with our cap situation.

I Say bring Schulters in for a visit and if he likes what he see's and hear's than he should be able to make his own decision with his agent. If he signed here i'm sure he would be told that he would have a starting spot awaiting him. He's a proven veteran which we all know we can use. If a player wants to play for a certain organization than $ is not always the answer. Remeber there won"t be many more quality defensive backs to choose from that i can see even after training camps close. Take al look Saban!

MERGED 7 times.... 7 TIMES?!?!?! Is our FS situation really THAT bad that we're all anxious and in complete panic mode?? I guess so. :lol: Yeah, I'm really hoping we bring Schulters in.

Lance Shulters??

I understand our secondary situation, we obviously do not have the experience that we have had in the previous years. I know we're not looking at this guy but how would you guys feel if maybe we picked him up? He's been a solid safety in the league but i believe he suffered a season ending injury last year and titans cut him like 2 days ago i think??....with tillman having surgery and god knows who our other safety will be....do you think maybe they have a concern for our safety position? even though our opinion doesnt matter lol, i think he'd be a good pickup...how about you guys?

Back
Top Bottom