Merged: a little update on Pace/ has he signed or not? | Page 38 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: a little update on Pace/ has he signed or not?

Man, if $20 million guranteed doesn't bring him here, I don't know what will. Lance Briggs didn't even get near $20 mil in guranteed money.

I know it's crazy. If we are giving him $20 million guaranteed he better come here. On a side note, this likely spells the end of JT's days here. No way we pay Porter, Pace, and Taylor huge amounts like this. Yea Mortenson had the report that JT is staying, but BP and Mort are good friends so of course Mort is going to help out an old friend so he can get the best value and help him be as successful as possible.

yea i dont think the Jets can afford that they Gave Jenkins $20 Million Guranteed, and they Gave $21 Million Guranteed to Alan Faneca so pay 3 people 20 Millions Guranteed is un real

and they are about to sign Damien Woody. How much do they have left?

The Jets are close to finalizing a deal with Damien Woody and you would have to think he is getting good money as well I don't see how the Jets will be able to offer the kind of money Miami is for Pace. Tommorow afternoon I believe he will be a Dolphin.

http://rotoworld.com/content/Home_NFL.aspx

Well, accordring to Schefter the guy who is coming tommorrow to visit you suckers is Damien Woody. Apperantly you guys are in love with Woody and the guys at NFL network were questioning. Per Schefter WOody is already in NYC.

We are bringing in Damien Woody AND Shane Olivea.Here is a link for the info on Olivea:

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/jets/2008/03/free-agency-news-and-notes.html

Here's this also from JetsConfidential:

AAAAA Jets reportedly interested in Olivea

By Hoss Aultman

Posted Mar 1, 2008

The Jets are reportedly interested in former San Diego Chargers right tackle Shane Olivea. But based on what Chargers GM A.J. Smith said about the Long Island-native after releasing him, the Jets better be careful on this one.

The Chargers benched Olivea in the middle of the 2007 season. According to the San Diego Union Tribune, the player, "fell out of favor with coaches over his work ethic and commitment." And this is what Smith said after cutting him earlier this week.
“For the Chargers, it didn't work out,†Smith said. “He lost his fire.â€
Since the Jets love players who are passionate about football, they clearly need to investigate Smith's assertion before pulling the trigger on a Olivea deal.
The Jets are also reportedly interested in former Detroit Lion Damien Woody for their right tackle spot.

We also traded DeWayne Robertson to the Bengals and freed up another $10 mil,so money is no problem with us trading Vilma and Robertson.Vilma cleared over $4 mil himself.I think we sign one of the two tackles and Calvin Pace.

One other thing.The rumor around the Jets is that they are signing Pace to play inside next to David Harris and planning to draft Gholston to play outside.Just thought I'd throw that out there because I saw some say that Pace wouldn't sign in Miami because they were telling him he was going to be used in the middle.The Jets are telling him the same thing,so that shouldn't be a deciding factor in his decision where to sign.

pace and taylor

adam shefter just reported that we are in a bidding war with the jets over pace.his going to get crazy money more than moss and his decision will be made today or tomorrow. he also siad he expects taylor to be traded before the draft for a second round pick. i hope we dont go to crazy for pace.

I've been watching nfl network all morning and didnt hear any of this... they've been showing the combines all morning... when did shefter say this??

Adam talked about Taylor last night. He said that if the Dolphins were offered a second that Bill would have to consider it because Taylor is 34 years old. He did not say he would be traded before the draft. He said it was a possibility if there was a great offer.

Tell us something we dont already know.:rolleyes2:

Adam talked about Taylor last night. He said that if the Dolphins were offered a second that Bill would have to consider it because Taylor is 34 years old. He did not say he would be traded before the draft. He said it was a possibility if there was a great offer.

Also, if reports are true that Taylor no longer has the desire to play for this team, then he needs to be let go. Mind you we have not even heard and interview from regarding Zach's release. I love JT for what he has done for us and I will always be a fan of him, but there is a youth movement going on with this team and if he wants to go then let him. Parcells should not be judge for leting JT go.

he was on a radio station here in boston this morning,i know that most of this was already said just wanted to give an update

Thanks for the heads up, dont pay attention to some of these guys. Some of us are a little fraustrated Pace has not signed yet.

the only thing i don't understand is how pace can be demanding that kind of money when he's only had one good yr and that was last yr. was last year the end of his contract or did he get released? another thing i dont understand is why ireland would throw the same kind of money joey porter got last year with us when it seems to be so hard to cut porter because of his numbers..has he been hanging with ricky this offseason?

Back
Top Bottom