Merged: All Ricky Williams Trade Threads | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: All Ricky Williams Trade Threads

Would you trade Ricky Williams and Ronnie Brown for Willis Mcgahee?

• Yes, I would trade Ricky Williams and Ronnie Brown for Willis Mcgahee.

Votes: 13 5.5%
  • What? Trade Ricky Williams and Ronnie BROWN for Mcgahee? HELL NO!!

Votes: 223 94.5%

• Total voters
ps, that was NOT McMike lined up in the backfield. It s/b the 3 wr's and McMike lined up. RB in the backfield. Tough to get this in while at work.
:)

This isn't going to be one of those useless threads that'll end up getting 200+ replies is it? :byroan:

painnotpleasure said:
This isn't going to be one of those useless threads that'll end up getting 200+ replies is it? :byroan:

You mean like "seperated at birth"??? How does that thread never go away??

So, Miami gets an outstanding wide receiver in Porter and gives up a headcase while still getting a top draft pick? Too good to be true. Furthermore, has a three team trade ever happened in the NFL? I would think these would have to be seperate deals ( assuming for a second that this were to happen ).

I think the only way this would get done would be if the following happened.

Miami Trades Ricky Williams and second round draft pick to Oakland for Jerry Porter.

Oakland then trades Ricky Williams and Ronald Curry, Doug Gabriel AND Second rounder for T.O.

That would probably be fair compensation for all involved, and a steep price as well. I doubt the teams would do it, especially Philly. They would be getting a runningback with supreme issues and getting rid of arguably the best wideout in the game for a draft pick and a couple of ok receivers.

On a fantasy sidenote: Can you imagine a wide receiving corps of:
Chambers
Porter
Booker
Boston
Thompson/Gilmore

That would be unheard of. Oakland would have the top two receivers in the league, but their depth would be hurt. Our depth would be incredible.

dolfan59 said:
I originally posted this in the wrong forum, My Bad.

Purely a rumor at this point, but I'm putting it out here. I heard from a buddy of mine in FL that there is discussion of a 3 team trade in the works with Philly/Oakland/us. RUMOR has Ricky to Philly, TO to Oakland and Jerry Porter to us with a 1st or 2nd round pick to boot. As I said, this is a rumor, so let's try not to flame huh.

Yeah, that's a rumor all right- and that's all it's gonna be. There's only one ball- can you imagine Ownes and Moss fighting over the same ball? Holy s-it.

dolfan59 said:
I originally posted this in the wrong forum, My Bad.

Purely a rumor at this point, but I'm putting it out here. I heard from a buddy of mine in FL that there is discussion of a 3 team trade in the works with Philly/Oakland/us. RUMOR has Ricky to Philly, TO to Oakland and Jerry Porter to us with a 1st or 2nd round pick to boot. As I said, this is a rumor, so let's try not to flame huh.

:shakeno: :shakeno: :shakeno:
shhhhhhurrrrre buddy. yeah, TO and Moss on the same team. Look, there's rumours and then there's stupidity.

Rumor mill, indeed. No way this pans out. Like when people said the Jets were going to get Moss for Ferguson. What makes this rumor even more ridiculous is that it involves three very big names in pro football, the last "huge" trade was Portis for Champ Bailey. A three-team trade with the likes of Terrell Owens, Ricky Williams, and Porter sounds more like a Madden player's fantasy than anything else.

FireWrongstedt said:
Yeah, that's a rumor all right- and that's all it's gonna be. There's only one ball- can you imagine Ownes and Moss fighting over the same ball? Holy s-it.

It's not the ball they'd be fighting for as much as Al Davis' wallet...

Noodle Arm said:
I think this Rumor Mill is located near the Bullsh*t Factory.

:lol:

There's no way Philly would give up Terrell for a back-up RB. If anything we'd have to give up the picks and I don't see that happening either.

I don't think this rumour is that far out there, Philly is servely pissed with T.O. and his contract dispute & bad mouthing of McNabb in the Media, There have been rumblings of the raiders wanting Owens, If porter gets stuck playing 3rd fiddle he won't be happy, Philly is in need of a every down back, and westbrook seems likely to be a holdout too, I doubt we would get Porter and a Pick out of this though. The raiders do have insane Al running the show so anything is possible, and eagles fans really wanted williams, when they drafted McNabb, I don't think there upset with the decision now, but they were then, more than likely the deal would be porter and a pick or another of the young speedsters for Owens, then the eagles may deal porter for R. Williams, but I think they would just stick with porter, since they would need another receiver.

Back
Top Bottom