Merged: All Ricky Williams Trade Threads | Page 23 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: All Ricky Williams Trade Threads

Would you trade Ricky Williams and Ronnie Brown for Willis Mcgahee?

• Yes, I would trade Ricky Williams and Ronnie Brown for Willis Mcgahee.

Votes: 13 5.5%
  • What? Trade Ricky Williams and Ronnie BROWN for Mcgahee? HELL NO!!

Votes: 223 94.5%

• Total voters
FinsOnTop said:
What in the hell? Where do people come up with this stuff?

:stupid:

it came from Mr. NJFinFury2004......he's on a tangent that I don't think I've seen since I've joined this board..while it's frustrating to watch it's actually more humorous than anything....I've been following this since 2 threads back....I don't know if it started there but it's where I came in. :lol:

NJFinFury2004 said:
I think McGahee is a top 5 back in the NFL, Ricky WAS and Ronnie COULD/SHOULD be, but IMO McGahee IS.

McGahee is top 5? Based on what? His 4.0 ypc, his 22 receptions? McGahee is not a top 5 back. He is too one dimensional. Here are the RBs that I would put above McGahee based purely on performance in the NFL (in no particular order):

Jamal Lewis
Shaun Alexander
Priest Holmes
LaDainian Tomlinson
Ricky Willams (if you ignore the possibility that he might quit)
Clinton Portis
Ahman Green
Fred Taylor (when healthy)
Edgerrin James

All of the RBs on this list have proven more in the NFL than McGahee. They have all put up better numbers for a longer period of time. Of that group, several are older or coming off of injuries, so I wouldn't pick them over McGahee for my team.

The point is that McGahee has not done anything to be considered a top 5 RB.

zephon said:
it came from Mr. NJFinFury2004......he's on a tangent that I don't think I've seen since I've joined this board..while it's frustrating to watch it's actually more humorous than anything....I've been following this since 2 threads back....I don't know if it started there but it's where I came in. :lol:

Where is the tangent part? I agree with the it's a healthy debate. When you watch a show like PTI, people get into heated discussions when it comes to sports. And don't knock the title or subject matter because this is your 3rd post on it now. LOL!

Tomlinson, Holmes, Dillon, Lewis, Alexander, James, and Ricky (if he's the same guy from 02-03) are all better than McGahee. This has to be the dumbest poll question ever. This board is deteriorating in a hurry.

FinfanInBuffalo said:
McGahee is top 5? Based on what? His 4.0 ypc, his 22 receptions? McGahee is not a top 5 back. He is too one dimensional. Here are the RBs that I would put above McGahee based purely on performance in the NFL (in no particular order):

Jamal Lewis
Shaun Alexander
Priest Holmes
LaDainian Tomlinson
Clinton Portis
Ahman Green
Edgerrin James

All of the RBs on this list have proven more in the NFL than McGahee. They have all put up better numbers for a longer period of time. Of that group, several are older or coming off of injuries, so I wouldn't pick them over McGahee for my team.

I'm the one that thinks that McGahee is a top 5 back... and IMO he is.

There is nothing that anyone is going to say to make me change my opinion about him.

FinfanInBuffalo said:

Jamal Lewis
Shaun Alexander
Priest Holmes
LaDainian Tomlinson
Clinton Portis
Ahman Green
Edgerrin James

now this is getting really twisted....It was NOT NJFinFury2004 who said he thought that Willis was a top 5 back...that was FinsnChips.

LdoubleE80 said:
Tomlinson, Holmes, Dillon, Lewis, Alexander, James, and Ricky (if he's the same guy from 02-03) are all better than McGahee. This has to be the dumbest poll question ever. This board is deteriorating in a hurry.

That is why I made the thread in the first place.

NJFinFury2004 said:
Where is the tangent part? I agree with the it's a healthy debate. When you watch a show like PTI, people get into heated discussions when it comes to sports. And don't knock the title or subject matter because this is your 3rd post on it now. LOL!
it's even harder to have a debate like this when typing because it is very easy to misinterpret people, and also hard to convey what your trying to say.

it's just two people debating because they have different opinions... he gets heated/healthy when the opinions differ and neither person budges.

NJFinFury2004 said:

hey, easy there...I never posted anywhere that it was a "poor" thread title. I said it was "frustrating" and "humorous" ride in following the threads you were posting in......

...as for my other posts in the thread...if you'll look back one of them was to correct you on what you were attributing to Finsnchips as a quote and the other was to correct another poster who thought you were the one who felt MaGahee was a top 5 RB....down big guy.

Buddwalk said:
Would you jump off a bridge for a klondike bar? Exactly now stop making threads like this [This is a shoutout to all people btw]

I'll trade you Seth Mckinney for that Klondike bar. And a 7th.

zephon said:
hey, easy there...I never posted anywhere that it was a "poor" thread title. I said it was "frustrating" and "humorous" ride in following the threads you were posting in......

...as for my other posts in the thread...if you'll look back one of them was to correct you on what you were attributing to Finsnchips as a quote and the other was to correct another poster who thought you were the one who felt MaGahee was a top 5 RB....down big guy.

LOL And I see that. IM very busy and trying to respond here also. Well from the looks of the poll, it seems the majority of FinFans, would rather our backfield. The reason I asked was, you never know anymore. There was a Fin fan the other day who said the Bills D is outright "Scary"

IM sorry when a D gets lit up like a christmas tree during their biggest game of the season by a bunch of backups from Pittsburgh, I don't consider that a "Scary D" Especially since they just lost Pat Williams to the Vikes. Of course that doesn't matter LOL!

This started on another thread actually when I made the mistake of saying I feel with the upgrades we made this season are D is comparable to that of the Bills and was attacked by 3 Bills fans who couldn't believe such as statement was made on a "Miami Dolphins Web-Board" and a Finfan from Canada! LOL!

And I would take our backfield over the Bills anyday of the week. And IMO the reason our D struggled vs the run last season was because we lost not one, two starting DT'S.

I would be surprised if our D isn't at least very close to the Bills D this season.

finsnchips said:
I'm the one that thinks that McGahee is a top 5 back... and IMO he is.

There is nothing that anyone is going to say to make me change my opinion about him.

Okay, so I'll ask again. Based on what?

How do you rank a RB over others that average between .5 and 1 yards per carry more and are also threats the catch the ball?

Jamal Lewis - 4.7 ypc
Tomlinson - 4.3 ypc and a ton of catches
Edge - 4.2 ypc and a ton of catches
Ahman Green - break away speed, 4.7 ypc, and a ton of catches
Alexander - 4.4 ypc and has done it for 5 years
Holmes - 4.7 ypc, a ton of catches and TDs by the truck load
Portis - 4.9 ypc
Williams - 1830 yds in a season

McGahee is a good back but lacks breakaway speed and is not a threat the catch the ball. If he ever regains his form from college, this debate would make more sense.

Back
Top Bottom