Merged: All Ricky Williams Trade Threads | Page 24 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: All Ricky Williams Trade Threads

Would you trade Ricky Williams and Ronnie Brown for Willis Mcgahee?

• Yes, I would trade Ricky Williams and Ronnie Brown for Willis Mcgahee.

Votes: 13 5.5%
  • What? Trade Ricky Williams and Ronnie BROWN for Mcgahee? HELL NO!!

Votes: 223 94.5%

• Total voters
FinfanInBuffalo said:
Okay, so I'll ask again. Based on what?

How do you rank a RB over others that average between .5 and 1 yards per carry more and are also threats the catch the ball?

Jamal Lewis - 4.7 ypc
Tomlinson - 4.3 ypc and a ton of catches
Edge - 4.2 ypc and a ton of catches
Ahman Green - break away speed, 4.7 ypc, and a ton of catches
Alexander - 4.4 ypc and has done it for 5 years
Holmes - 4.7 ypc, a ton of catches and TDs by the truck load
Portis - 4.9 ypc
Williams - 1830 yds in a season

McGahee is a good back but lacks breakaway speed and is not a threat the catch the ball. If he ever regains his form from college, this debate would make more sense.
its more than stats... i just like the way he runs...

I'd take Brady over Manning and Culpepper.

It's just my opinion..

finsnchips said:

It's just my opinion..

makes me want to stay away from the vip section...jk :lol: Everyone has their opinions, and you know what they say about them.

It's threads like this that edge me closer and closer to purchasing V.I.P. I think Andrew and the staff are just pureply planting this propaganda to get us to pay our money ;)

finsnchips said:

It's just my opinion..

Shouldn't you have said he is one of your favorite backs then? Saying he is top 5 should be based on what was actually accomplished on the field.

Ricky Brown said:
makes me want to stay away from the vip section...jk :lol: Everyone has their opinions, and you know what they say about them.
:lol:

all i said is that i think Willis is a top 5 back... :cry:

NJFinFury2004 said:
LOL And I see that. IM very busy and trying to respond here also. Well from the looks of the poll, it seems the majority of FinFans, would rather our backfield. The reason I asked was, you never know anymore. There was a Fin fan the other day who said the Bills D is outright "Scary"

IM sorry when a D gets lit up like a christmas tree during their biggest game of the season by a bunch of backups from Pittsburgh, I don't consider that a "Scary D" Especially since they just lost Pat Williams to the Vikes. Of course that doesn't matter LOL!

This started on another thread actually when I made the mistake of saying I feel with the upgrades we made this season are D is comparable to that of the Bills and was attacked by 3 Bills fans who couldn't believe such as statement was made on a "Miami Dolphins Web-Board" and a Finfan from Canada! LOL!

And I would take our backfield over the Bills anyday of the week. And IMO the reason our D struggled vs the run last season was because we lost not one, two starting DT'S.

I would be surprised if our D isn't at least very close to the Bills D this season.

I know your were in a hurry but I actually caught the back end of the conversation you guys were having 2 or 3 threads ago with the bills fans...that's where I started on this little journey. :)

I was with you during the last thread where it was a question on both the D and the RBs. I took our RBs and the Bills D last season over our D last season and until we prove ours is better...they are... but also said that it's possible we turn that right about this year.

All of a sudden I look over and you had started a whole new thread on the RBs that we were just talking about....that's why I said it was a "frustrating and "humorous" ride following you around the different threads.

It's all good now...It seems as if everyone has had time to breathe. :)

NJFinFury2004 said:
Ok that makes it clear but from your post below, it looks as if you would rather Willis.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJFinFury2004
So you would take Willis Mcgahee over Ricky Williams and Ronnie Brown? Ok, thats you. There is no way in the world I would do that. So you would send Ricky and Ronnie to the JILLS for Mcgahee and his 2 problem knees? LOL Sorry dude, I don't agree here.

thats fair enuff...

I think McGahee is a top 5 back in the NFL, Ricky WAS and Ronnie COULD/SHOULD be, but IMO McGahee IS.

This post wasn't meant to slam you, only to see if Mcgahee was though of this highly. I still think some Fin Fans are drinking the Kool AID. Most anyone would think with the statment you make, you would favor the BILLS backfield with Mcgahee over our own.

Dude... you REALLY have to stop quoting yourself, and attributing it to someone else.

FinfanInBuffalo said:
Shouldn't you have said he is one of your favorite backs then? Saying he is top 5 should be based on what was actually accomplished on the field.
i didnt say he WAS a top 5 back..

i said that I THINK he is.. my opinion is just that, an opinion.. in my mind he is a top 5 back.

NJFinFury2004 said:
A Dolphin Fan said he would trade both Ricky Williams and Ronnie Brown for Willis Mcgahee and his 2 reconstructed knees.
two reconstructed knees? where did you get your info.? The former Iraqi Info. Minister? :lol: And why is it that when a finfan disagrees w/ you, he's either a closet bills fan, you attack his citizenship or he's on drugs? Take your prozac will you.

finsnchips said:

all i said is that i think Willis is a top 5 back... :cry:

hehehehehe....look at that Finsn'.....that VIP thing just got reversed on you

I gave you a hard time from one direction and you got it from another direction from Ricky Brown.....admit it...it's a bit funny....:bugeye:

...boy I just realized....you sure are getting stuck in the middle of things today aren't you? :(

Justasportsfan said:
two reconstructed knees? where did you get your info.? The former Iraqi Info. Minister? :lol: And why is it that when a finfan disagrees w/ you, he's either a closet bills fan, you attack his citizenship or he's on drugs? Take your prozac will you.
clear.gif

zephon said:
hehehehehe....look at that Finsn'.....that VIP thing just got reversed on you

I gave you a hard time from one direction and you got it from another direction from Ricky Brown.....admit it...it's a bit funny....:bugeye:

...boy I just realized....you sure are getting stuck in the middle of things today aren't you? :(
i'm bored at work.. i used to get drawn into these when i was younger, but i've got a bad habit of not backing down...

i cant believe that this has blown up because I happen to think that Willis McGahee is a very good back... it's great that everyone respects my opinion so much that they need to comment on it :rolleyes:

and yes... the VIP thing was funny :lol:

FinfanInBuffalo said:
Okay, so I'll ask again. Based on what?

How do you rank a RB over others that average between .5 and 1 yards per carry more and are also threats the catch the ball?

Jamal Lewis - 4.7 ypc
Tomlinson - 4.3 ypc and a ton of catches
Edge - 4.2 ypc and a ton of catches
Ahman Green - break away speed, 4.7 ypc, and a ton of catches
Alexander - 4.4 ypc and has done it for 5 years
Holmes - 4.7 ypc, a ton of catches and TDs by the truck load
Portis - 4.9 ypc
Williams - 1830 yds in a season

McGahee is a good back but lacks breakaway speed and is not a threat the catch the ball. If he ever regains his form from college, this debate would make more sense.
Willis was in his first year and playing at 80%. Yes, his nos. were average but he could potentially be a no. 2 back.

finsnchips said:
the problem is that he expects every finfan to be a homer and wear teal and orange glasses. Anyone who thinks that the fins st or lb's were just as good as ours LAST YEAR is a HOMER!!!!

Back
Top Bottom