Merged: All Ricky Williams Trade Threads | Page 36 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: All Ricky Williams Trade Threads

Would you trade Ricky Williams and Ronnie Brown for Willis Mcgahee?

• Yes, I would trade Ricky Williams and Ronnie Brown for Willis Mcgahee.

Votes: 13 5.5%
  • What? Trade Ricky Williams and Ronnie BROWN for Mcgahee? HELL NO!!

Votes: 223 94.5%

• Total voters
byroan said:
Ricky isn't making anything. Using a business minded approach, you keep that player.
He won't be making the vet min next year. They will get him a real contract for next season.

Also, I don't think we will trade him. I think Saban likes being able to have a two-headed monster in the backfield.

So if I get this right, we need to bring in playmakers at almost every position! So Ricky Williams is not a playmaker? How would we getting this high draft pick for a guy who isn't a playmaker? Frustration leads to bad choices, I believe it's a four year plan, so ........ The players will come but don't give away talent!:(

Nublar7 said:
He won't be making the vet min next year. They will get him a real contract for next season.

He's signed through 2007. I don't think we'll rework a contract after this year.

Ricky will Definitely be trade bait. I hope we can get a QB in free agency or via trade - Phillip Rivers would be a nice option. If we draft a QB it will be a minimum 2 yrs before he is able to be effective in the NFL.

Oh by the way, today was a horrible loss. Very disappointing.

If we could get a guaranteed 3rd or a package of mid-low round picks for Ricky, I'd take it. I used to think that keeping Ricky was the best thing to do, but it's obvious to me now that Saban & Co want to run an aggressive offense, with a lot of passing and effective runs. There is no point in having two marquee backs if you aren't planning on running the ball 35+ times a game. I don't think that's what we eventually want to do, so I say pass him along and stockpile draft picks.

Oh, about T.O. We are already dying a slow death, that CANCER can go INFECT some other franchise.:yell:

saban is a winner. be patient. he has wanny players. '06 will be his team.

byroan said:
He's signed through 2007. I don't think we'll rework a contract after this year.
You think Ricky will want to make the vet min next year? You think his agent wants him to? Leigh Steinberg has been trying to get him a new deal since he came back. If Miami doesn't give him a new deal, then he might be traded away. Or worse, he could walk away from football again.

I think we keep Ricky. We get a real QB and a real WR and we just may have a potent offense. We can use Ricky behind ronnie!

NJPHINFAN said:
we'd be lucky to get a 3rd for him...no matter how great he was, he bailed on his team to go smoke pot in the mountains, which will greatly affect his tradeability (is that a word?)

Then why the HELL would we trade him! He is far more valuable then a 3rd round pick. He is performing at least as good if not better than our #1 pick RB. If we can not get at least a 1st round pick for him then let him stay with the Fins.

If no one wants to give up a 1st for him then we keep him and reap the rewards!

owenvas said:
Then why the HELL would we trade him! He is far more valuable then a 3rd round pick. He is performing at least as good if not better than our #1 pick RB. If we can not get at least a 1st round pick for him then let him stay with the Fins.

If no one wants to give up a 1st for him then we keep him and reap the rewards!
I'm with you all the way Brother !:D

i just think its funny, that you all feel teams want ricky.

he has no trade value. if your lucky you may be able to get a 7th.

ch19079 said:

No trade value? :lol: He doesn't have great value, but he is worth more then a 7th rounder. Are you telling me teams would rather have TO then Ricky? :lol:

ch19079 said:

Bills got a third for Henry. Case closed.

Back
Top Bottom