Merged: All Ricky Williams Trade Threads | Page 87 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: All Ricky Williams Trade Threads

Would you trade Ricky Williams and Ronnie Brown for Willis Mcgahee?

• Yes, I would trade Ricky Williams and Ronnie Brown for Willis Mcgahee.

Votes: 13 5.5%
  • What? Trade Ricky Williams and Ronnie BROWN for Mcgahee? HELL NO!!

Votes: 223 94.5%

• Total voters
I'd rather never trade him. If and when Ronnie get's hurt (knock on wood) we need a good back up and who better than Ricky. But having said that, if we do trade him, shouldn't we wait till he isn't so cheap. He's pratically working for donuts right now compared to what he's worth.

Ricky really has very little trade value because he is one failed drug test from 12 months on the sidelines, and every team in the league knows it. They also know Ricky is a bit of a weirdo who may well have a lot of trouble fitting in with another locker room.

Even if we were offered a second round pick for Ricky, I'm having a lot of difficulty seeing how we could get a better player than Ricky in the second round.

Finally I seem to remember that some team had a bit of success in the 1970s with some no-name running backs called Csonka, Kiick and Morris. I mean just because something worked in the past obviously means that it can't work now.

At least one more year of teaching would be nice.. and a potential playoff run would benefit with a Ricky in the lineup.:D

The only thing im worried about is the "holding Ronnie back" thing. Ronnie has been injured and it showed what having 2 quality backs can do. IMO it won us the game against the Titans. Will that happen if we lose Ricky and we have a Morris or Minor situation again running the ball? doubt it.

I truly think Ricky will be around next year, and for some time to come. He is only making veteran minimum, although I would like to see him get his contract reworked. There is no way were are going to get a pick worth it to trade him... He is adding more value to the team then a trade could possibly bring us. Unless Houston wants to trade their first pick... And I agree with the other comments in this post, especially around him fitting in. I truly believe that Wanny's plan was to run him into the ground... Saban has an offensive that fits Ricky's...

Ricky isnt holding Ronnie back IMO, only his stats. stats are meaningless in football as compared to baseball. avg per carry is the big stat and Ronnie had a very nice avg. We saw Sat what it means to have a good second back when the #1 is hurt. Having both also helps keep each fresh in the 4th qtr. Keep Ricky, it is working and he genuinely seems happy.

rickeyrunsover said:
Ricky isnt holding Ronnie back IMO, only his stats. stats are meaningless in football as compared to baseball. avg per carry is the big stat and Ronnie had a very nice avg. We saw Sat what it means to have a good second back when the #1 is hurt. Having both also helps keep each fresh in the 4th qtr. Keep Ricky, it is working and he genuinely seems happy.

Totally agree but the NFL pays players based on goals and achievements, how do you keep two BIG TIME BACKS payed? Unfortunately it is about the money!

HansMojo said:
I'd rather never trade him. If and when Ronnie get's hurt (knock on wood) we need a good back up and who better than Ricky. But having said that, if we do trade him, shouldn't we wait till he isn't so cheap. He's pratically working for donuts right now compared to what he's worth.

He's going to be 30 next season. His best year ever in the league could very easily be this upcoming season. He will not have that kind of year in Miami sharing duties with Ronnie Brown. Therefore, his trade value can only diminish. If someone is going to gamble on him it will be this offseason.

I don't like, wait I mean I HATE having 2 Rb's split carries on one team. It takes a lot away from their game as they don't seem to get into the groove that running backs often get into as the game wears on. The Chiefs have 2 great backs and now are a btter team with just one of them, and Miami was a better team last week with just one. Now all of this being said I wouldn't just get rid of Ricky either, I know it sounds Very unrealistic, but I'd actually like to see us keep Ricky, and use one of these guys as our Main Feature back, and just give the other a few carries per game, and work them into the passing game.

Caps said:
We also need to pick up a "closer" type of RB, who can be effective with 5-10 carries a game.

I think Saban may be one step ahead of us on that one...remember we've got Kay Jay Harris sitting on the practice squad. He's got some serious speed and balance. I can easily see him taking Travis Minor's roster spot next year, or (and I dont think this will happen, but...) if we do trade Ricky I could see him being our change-of-pace back.

Keep Ricky!!! What happens if Brown gets hurt for a couple weeks? I think it's a no brainer.

Saban said again today that he strongly believes the RB position requires (2) starters. Bottom line, Ricky and Ronnie put fear in our opponents. Why give that up for a draft pick. It's all part of the plan to make our opponents hate playing Miami.

There will be teams w/coaches who are willing to "hit or miss" with Ricky. Guys like Norv Turner in Oakland or Dennis Green in Arizona. Both those guys have a real short window to show they can be productive, and may take a shot in hopes that Ricky can win a few games for them.

Hell, Arz might sneak in to the playoffs next year with a back like ricky.

lvstud84 said:
I've been pondering the same thing. I hate to see either one of them go cuz i love watchin both of them run but i wanna see what ronnie can do by himself. He could be a huge force to be reckoned with. I hate to say it but i hope we trade ricky. I wanna see Ronnie run dudes over for years and years to come

Ok, first off lets get one thing strait. Ricky is in NO WAY holding Ronnie back from "what he could do".:rolleyes:

This is the most ignorant statement I think I have heard.:sidelol: Our backs are averaging like 4.6 yard per carrie together. That's better any feature back in the league, but our guys don't have to get leveled 25 to 30 times per game to do it.

Every hit a RB takes is one more hit closer to the end of his carreer.:cry: I would rather get two more great years from Ricky and let Ronnie develop slowly and have a GREAT #2 back in Ronnie Brown, than get rid of Ricky after the '07 season.

Let me ask you oh so wise fans a question. What happens if we trade Ricky get a "good" qb in the draft and expect him to groom under Frerotte. Then Ronnie gets hurt in the pre-season or training camp and misses several games. Then we have no running back again and the franchise is set back for 2 - 3 more seasons b/c the "good"qb we drafted doesn't get to prgress becuase without a running game our O-line looks like crap again and our qb's get beat to a pulp.:shakeno:

No thanks. Keep the multi threat R and R train rolling. Use them together use them seperate or use them both as decoys, but why the hell would anyone with half a brain consider getting rid of one of the best players on their team?:shakeno:

This should not even be discussed, it's like an arguement about whether blondes or brunettes are better... who the hell cares if your getting laid just be greatfull...

CashInFist said:
He's going to be 30 next season. His best year ever in the league could very easily be this upcoming season. He will not have that kind of year in Miami sharing duties with Ronnie Brown. Therefore, his trade value can only diminish. If someone is going to gamble on him it will be this offseason.
I think you are right about that. I just think he has more value to us playing another year at the minimum and taking less for trading him later. Either way, I trust Saban to make the right decision here.

Back
Top Bottom