MERGED: All Site-Related Topics (24 Hours) | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: All Site-Related Topics (24 Hours)

problems with the boards?

Im just wondering, is ANYONE ELSE having major problems with the boards today? First i couldnt even get onto the website for about 4 hours... it kepts saying "could not find website..blah blah" and now its either EXTREMELY slow for me and/or i cant reply to threads! I just want to make sure its not just my computer....

:missmeth:

Sorry to be Off-Topic, but is the site slow for everyone else?

I'm having no problem loading tons of other sites and I have a cable modem. But, it seems like the site has slowed down again, though not to the degree it did the other night.

Has anyone else noticed this? Is there an explanation? Just curious.

Yes I have had problems signing on since this AM, others have also...

It seems that alot of fans on the site and others like myslef are having logon problems, and I have DSL...

Well....I'm in Newport RI right now and I couldnt get on AT ALL untill just a few minutes ago.

It's getting better by the minute..

I don't know why but it is.

There was no Finheaven this morning though.

There have been major DDoS attacks going around.. Yesterday the Hosting Comapny I work for was attacked and also one of our competitors was attacked also we were both down for about 4 hours.. and they are #1 over all and we are #5 over all .. finheavens ISP is probably being hammered as well with DDoS attackes :(

stupid 15yr olds..

I'm in Hamilton, Ontario, and logged on about 1pm with no problem but the board is definately much slower than normal.

This morning couldn't get on finheaven at all, but I could get everywhere else I tried. It must be above finheaven where the DOS occurred. I too am on cable. now though it is better just a little slow.

Originally posted by Mindwarp
There have been major DDoS attacks going around.. Yesterday the Hosting Comapny I work for was attacked and also one of our competitors was attacked also we were both down for about 4 hours.. and they are #1 over all and we are #5 over all .. finheavens ISP is probably being hammered as well with DDoS attackes :(

stupid 15yr olds..

Hey! I resent that! I'm 15 years old!

We've been having some issues lately. And last night those issues seemed to come to a head as soon as the news of David Boston broke. :( (imagine that).

As I'm sure you can imagine, EVERYONE was heading over to Finheaven for a Boston Tea Party last night around 9:45 PM. :) And while we did set a record for traffic yesterday (for about the 7th time this month), we would have annihalted it had the site not run into problems. Unfortunately, fate had other plans. :(

Ironically, we were planning to shut the site down at 3 AM Eastern to perform some upgrades. We would have only been down a few minutes. Obviously things didn't happen that way.

Anyway, mitigating circumstances prevented both A.J. and I from spending any significant time on the site today (hence the long "delay"). But we were able to find a serious error around noon today. And once we corrected it, the site "magically" reappeared. ;)

As for the sluggishness this afternoon today, I really wish I could comment on it. But the truth is.....once we got the site back up, I wasn't able to surf it because I was....gasp......at work. And my boss tends to get annoyed when finds me not working. lol. Anyway, things seem to be ok right now. They are for me anyway. We'll see what happens.

Again, this couldn't have happened at a worse time. Normally one of us is available all the time to tend to things like this. But today was a rare exception. And I can assure you that it was killing me. I literally had to p*ss off my boss to get the site back up.

We will be further upgrading the site in the coming weeks. These upgrades should improve the speed of things, not to mention make things easier on the administrative side. So just hang in there. :)

My deepest apologies for the inconvenience, and deepest gratitude for your understanding. Thank you again for making FinHeaven what it is today. You won't regret it.

Muck

Back
Top Bottom