Merged: Antonio Bryant agrees to four year deal with Bengals... | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Antonio Bryant agrees to four year deal with Bengals...

Untrue. Mississippi Valley State's offense while Jerry Rice was there was about as not pro as you can get, since they always had five wide receivers on the field and the sets were always shotgun. As a matter of fact, if you ever get the chance to take a look at a college spread offense playbook and compare it with a pro playbook, you'll find that the route trees are more complex for the college playbook. Far more.

Why does this matter?

Ok first off comparing the greatest WR ever to play the game who was drafted 30yrs ago is like comparing a hammer to a featherbed. Would you like to look up how many other WR out of similar situations never made it past the first cuts?

Why does the contract matter? Because if we are talking about D. Bryant at 12 I am interest in the guarantee money the 2 WR selected in similar position last yr got without ever playing a down. Opposed to a guy who has had 1200+ yards seasons and made the Probowl. Fair enough?

that's actually a short but very concisely accurate summation.

I equate the WR FA market this year to shopping for shoes.

You own shoes that are fine for most occasions but not really for the fancier events you anticipate being invited to in the near future.

You definitely agree you need an additional higher end pair and are willing and able to pay for reasonable value.

However, when arriving at the only shoe store around, you see some shoes that make absolutely no sense in fulfilling your dress-up needs, other shoes that might make some sense if you want to settle, and maybe a pair or 2 that could make a lot of sense, but relative to how they're constructed, their durability, etc., are just too unreasonably or unrealistically priced to justify.

Now if you purchase a pair that's priced fairly and looks good, but is not available in your size, you'll never be comfortalbe with the either too big or too small poor fit, and maybe even stumble as a result of wearing them.

So, despite your need and your ability to pay a fair price for a pair of shoes that fulfill your needs, you sadly walk out empty-handed because for you the shelves were as good as bare. However, the manager also told you that a whole new fresh inventory is being shipped in next month and get excited after seeing some pictures and reading some descriptions. So you'll be back as soon as the shipment arrives with cash in hand and a plan to buy.

I love shoes..Sneakers especially...

I overpay for some sneakers..

But I refuse to overpay for players...

Ok first off comparing the greatest WR ever to play the game who was drafted 30yrs ago is like comparing a hammer to a featherbed. Would you like to look up how many other WR out of similar situations never made it past the first cuts?

Why does the contract matter? Because if we are talking about D. Bryant at 12 I am interest in the guarantee money the 2 WR selected in similar position last yr got without ever playing a down. Opposed to a guy who has had 1200+ yards seasons and made the Probowl. Fair enough?

Good players can be found anywhere at Anytime at anytime..

Hell Kurt Warner was bagging groceries..

Lets keep drafting..

I want Golden Tate, Dan Williams take anyone else at that point...

I really think that this is the year we trade up , down etc..

that's actually a short but very concisely accurate summation.

I equate the WR FA market this year to shopping for shoes.

You own shoes that are fine for most occasions but not really for the fancier events you anticipate being invited to in the near future.

You definitely agree you need an additional higher end pair and are willing and able to pay for reasonable value.

However, when arriving at the only shoe store around, you see some shoes that make absolutely no sense in fulfilling your dress-up needs, other shoes that might make some sense if you want to settle, and maybe a pair or 2 that could make a lot of sense, but relative to how they're constructed, their durability, etc., are just too unreasonably or unrealistically priced to justify.

Now if you purchase a pair that's priced fairly and looks good, but is not available in your size, you'll never be comfortalbe with the either too big or too small poor fit, and maybe even stumble as a result of wearing them.

So, despite your need and your ability to pay a fair price for a pair of shoes that fulfill your needs, you sadly walk out empty-handed because for you the shelves were as good as bare.
However, the manager also told you that a whole new fresh inventory is being shipped in next month and get excited after seeing some pictures and reading some descriptions. So you'll be back as soon as the shipment arrives with cash in hand and a plan to buy.

Crap!!! You just reminded me, I need to buy some shoes for an event..

For my 2 cents, Bryant was no where near worth 7mil a season, that would not have been smart of this front office to do and they didn't. Maybe that's the reason they didn't pursue him harder at the beginning, maybe they viewed him as a Stop Gap too and weren't willing to shell out that.

Maybe the front office makes a move for Marshall, maybe not, who the hell knows what they are going to do. But so far I cannot say I am upset by them not signing Rolle or Bryant (not at what they signed with their respective teams for).

That would be an impossible task, since rolls of the 80 man rosters aren't kept year to year. All I can do is look at the WR that came out of spread offenses (God I hate that term) and "pro" offenses. But at a guess I'd say it's about even.

The simple fact of the matter is that receivers, if they have any talent at all, are going to catch on quicker if they come out of a spread offense as opposed to a college-style conventional offense, because the former is actually more dynamic than NFL offenses and both are more dynamics that conventional college offenses.

DHB is out as a comparison. You can only really make comparisons at slots, with the only positional difference being that QB get 10% more than any other position at a given slot. There is also a 10% year to year raise in rookie (and FA veteran, for that matter) pay scales.

Applying that to Knowshon Moreno's contract gets us $25.3 million with $14.3 million guaranteed over five years. So, somewhere between $3-5 million per year on average.

I was in the minority here, but I wasn't all to thrilled with the idea of Antonio Bryant with the Dolphins. I like a certain "other" Bryant in the draft as a better, long term option.

You may have been in the minority, but you weren't alone by any means.

Others here had a much higher opinion of Antonio Bryant than I did. Sorry, but a guy with two 1,000 yard seasons in an eight year career; and one who has played on 4 teams in that time frame isn't exactly someone I'm going to get excessively excited about, or consider the post-season a loss because he went elsewhere.

Good players can be found anywhere at Anytime at anytime..

Hell Kurt Warner was bagging groceries..

Lets keep drafting..

I want Golden Tate, Dan Williams take anyone else at that point...

I really think that this is the year we trade up , down etc..

I like Gilyard over Tate because the homerun potential on special teams and mismatch out of the slot. Similar to Desaun Jackson.

Like you I want the Dolphins to get better. Right now I just feel we have to many holes to solve via the draft. And I am not ready to let the FO of the hook for the 3yr plan they sold us on!

They don't like the passing game, they just want to run the ball on every down. I just want to hit Ireland in the face and punch the fat tuna in his ****ing belly.

I like Gilyard over Tate because the homerun potential on special teams and mismatch out of the slot. Similar to Desaun Jackson.

Like you I want the Dolphins to get better. Right now I just feel we have to many holes to solve via the draft. And I am not ready to let the FO of the hook for the 3yr plan they sold us on!

We dont really need another slot guy..We need a guy who can make something out of nothing...

Catch the rock break a tackle here and there...

We have Bess for the Slot...

Yea its fun to discuss..But I think we are heading in the right direction...

Everyone we had drafted has contributed or exceeded expectations...

We dont really need another slot guy..We need a guy who can make something out of nothing...

Catch the rock break a tackle here and there...

We have Bess for the Slot...

Yea its fun to discuss..But I think we are heading in the right direction...

Everyone we had drafted has contributed or exceeded expectations...

Gilyard is that guy he single handed took over the PIT game. He breaks tackles and makes people miss. I got to watch a lot of his games and he will be way better then Bess out of the slot and on returns. The thing I love the most about the kid is he loves the game. He lived out of his car and worked 3 jobs to get to play. He will come in thankful and hungary! Ready to play and prove himself.

Thank god I was starting to worry we would sign this loser. Now hopefully we don't do anything after tomorrow's deadline and we're safe from another loser.
Couldn't agree more...now all this about us signing bryant will finally stop.

Gilyard is that guy he single handed took over the PIT game. He breaks tackles and makes people miss. I got to watch a lot of his games and he will be way better then Bess out of the slot and on returns. The thing I love the most about the kid is he loves the game. He lived out of his car and worked 3 jobs to get to play. He will come in thankful and hungary! Ready to play and prove himself.

Yea that is high character gotta love that...

So you think that will get the job done?

Gilyard in slot..who on the outside?

Back
Top Bottom