MERGED: Anyway to trade up to take Rodgers?/Let's trade up for Rodgers | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Anyway to trade up to take Rodgers?/Let's trade up for Rodgers

No way give aj a chance.our 0-line was bad last year.We have new a new system coming in this year.no trades for aaron rodgers

ItalianDolFan said:
looking at the draft tracker.....i dont see many teams who could use a QB...so i would put money on Aaron Rodgers STILL being there at #46.....and if he is...i want him.

Rodgers is probably going at #24 (Green Bay), #25 (Washington), #26 (Oakland), #34 (Cleveland), or #36 (Tampa Bay) if nobody trades up to get him. If he somehow falls into the second-round, which I highly doubt is going to happen, WE ABSOLUTELY NEED TO TRADE UP TO GET HIM. The '49ers might take #46 and our 2006 second-round pick for #33. The teams that pick right before Green Bay may drop out of the first-round if we offer #46 and our 2006 first-round pick.

A potential franchise QB (one with so much potential that he almost went #1 overall) for essentially Patrick Surtain and our 2006 first-round pick is a smart gamble.

We'd be the talk of the draft if we landed Rodgers. Brown, Rodgers and maybe Reggie Brown, Chris Henry, Roscoe Parrish, or Fred Gibson at #70? You've gotta be kidding me!

Blitz said:
Rodgers is probably going at #24 (Green Bay), #25 (Washington), #26 (Oakland), #34 (Cleveland), or #36 (Tampa Bay) if nobody trades up to get him. If he somehow falls into the second-round, which I highly doubt is going to happen, WE ABSOLUTELY NEED TO TRADE UP TO GET HIM. The '49ers might take #46 and our 2006 second-round pick for #33. The teams that pick right before Green Bay may drop out of the first-round if we offer #46 and our 2006 first-round pick.

A potential franchise QB for essentially Patrick Surtain and our 2006 first-round pick is NOT a terrible deal.

Washington doesnt need a QB, nor does Cleveland, Tampa, or Green Bay. Oakland might be able to use one. But what if Jason Campbell goes ahead of Aaron? Maybe setting up a trade for AJ Feeley and a later round pick to move up...so we can pickup Aaron Rodgers, may not be a bad idea. Then with our 2nd rounder, we pickup Mike Patterson.

ItalianDolFan said:
Washington doesnt need a QB, nor does Cleveland, Tampa, or Green Bay.

Favre is going to retire soon. Who knows if Gibbs is sold on Ramsey. The Browns have Trent Dilfer, a caretaker for a season or two at best. How could Tampa pass on Rodgers at #36? Griese and Simms may be good enough to get them back to the Super Bowl, but Rodgers is the ultimate steal at #36.

Look for Tampa to trade up above Green Bay and use a lot of their picks.

Audiowizard said:
I'm thinking we could package this year's round 2 with next year's round two, or something???

Let me get this straight.......you want to move into the 1st round without even giving up a 1st round pick next year??

C'mon.....lets @ least TRY to be somewhat reasonable.

lol i dont care HOW we do it.....trade our 1st next year, plus Lamar Gordon to some team in desperate need of a runningback, possible Jacksonville, Dallas, Tampa, Arizona, or whoever.....and get a higher pick so that we can get Aaron Rodgers....YES i dislike his attitude "my arm this, my arm that".....but hes a good QB who we need.

#46 + 2006 first-round pick + Lamar Gordon + Jeff Zgonina

FOR

#21, #22 or #23 + 6th round pick

Back
Top Bottom