Merged: Arturo Freeman expected to resign with Dolphins/Tommy Hendricks news | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Arturo Freeman expected to resign with Dolphins/Tommy Hendricks news

I hope not. Freeman has been our weak link in the secondary (along with Fletcher)! Let him walk or keep his contract as is.

Arturo isnt a starter and is a quality backup....hes a lot farther along than jamar fletcher

The hope is that he can play better replacing marion at the FS position since he is more suited there. Hes not under contract now, so the 1-year would basically be saying, if we cant re-sign marion or find a better option at a reasonable price then you'll get a year to prove you can do the job. I'm ok with it as long as the contract is reasonable and we still keep Bell around to see what he has.

Originally posted by TerryTate
Arturo isnt a starter and is a quality backup....hes a lot farther along than jamar fletcher

i was going to say the exact same thing.... better freeman than fletcher!

I thought Jay was out. wont take pay cut. Then BG is going to be cut too. Our new QBs will have almost no starting experience and only one in the system from last year???? NOOOO. Keep Bg if he will restructure.

Freeman is a decent enough backup S, but not a great cover guy. None of our Ss can cover, but he has been asked to go in there and do that. I w/like him back as backup for sure. He w/b great insurance for Knight and Brock.

in other UFA news...

Tommy Hendricks would like to return to Miami next season, but the free-agent linebacker and special-teams standout is looking for more playing time, according to his agent, Robert David Joseph.

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/sports...ons/thursday/sports_04d318f3c6ea009f00cd.html

Originally posted by dreadlockera
I thought Jay was out. wont take pay cut. Then BG is going to be cut too. Our new QBs will have almost no starting experience and only one in the system from last year???? NOOOO. Keep Bg if he will restructure.

reply in wrong thread? :D

Originally posted by texasPHINSfan

reply in wrong thread? :D
no the article says
The Dolphins can clear the remaining portion of their cap overage by reworking between four or five more contracts, according to NFLPA sources. They can also cut some players -- such as quarterback Brian Griese -- and create more savings to have flexibility in free agency.

i like arturo freeman alot, this kid has a lot of skill and would defently improve our speed at free safety... the article says we will release either knight or marion... hopefully marion just because of age other than that he has been one of my favorite defensive players on our squad the last few years.... i hope we trade him for at least a 3 if not a 2

Good news indeed!!!
I'd hate to lose a young promising talent like him. I'm actually shocked he's returning after the treatment he received last year. He definitely should take Marion's spot if he starts. He fits in MUCH better at Free Safety than Strong Safety.
More good news!!!!!!
I'm liking the start of this offseason a lot!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom