Merged: Arturo Freeman expected to resign with Dolphins/Tommy Hendricks news | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Arturo Freeman expected to resign with Dolphins/Tommy Hendricks news

Wow, there's been tons of good news since last night. See, this offseason isn't so bad.

:splat:

i am happy with freeman returning. i really like him. marion can be released. we will also draft a young safety to groom. i am betting that freeman and knight will be starting next year.

every time i think of arturo freeman, i think about him being run over by Trent Green, two seasons ago... anyone else remember that??

makes me sick just thinkin about it...

For Freeman, that will mean a two-year deal with lots of incentives in the first year. Those incentives could earn him more than $1 million. The total deal could be worth as much as $5 million.

I like the idea of giving him an incentive-based contract but $5 million for 2 years? That is very high. He better have to be the best safety in the league to get all of the incentives.

I like the idea of Freeman coming back and actually find it surprising. I had written him off as gone up until now. I would feel bad to see Marion or Knight go but I suppose I would understand. Marion has lost a few steps and isn't getting any younger. I just hope that if he goes and comes back to play against us, people cheer him for his efforts and contributions here as opposed to booing him.

Re: Arturo Freeman expected to resign with Dolphins *TODAY*!

Originally posted by Gonk

Could we still trade him, for atleast a 2nd rounder this year? The guy is still a Pro Bowler and is a very solid free safety.

Yeah right. Keep dreaming that. Marion may not even grab a 3rd.

Re: Re: Arturo Freeman expected to resign with Dolphins *TODAY*!

Originally posted by ChambersOwnz84

Yeah right. Keep dreaming that. Marion may not even grab a 3rd.

lmao, maybe a little old, but lets not forget there are teams at the same stage as us... all they need is a quick fews guys here and there... Marion cud be the key for a few teams.

No, sorry man. You don't trade first day draft picks for old Safeties with big contracts. It is just not done. The Safety position just isn't that important in the NFL anymore unless you've gotten yourself an All-Pro like Ed Reed, Roy Williams, or Sean Taylor (soon to be All-Pro). Those kind of guys redefine the position for you. Marion does not.

Given what I said I think thats a pretty good reason to dump both Marion and Knight for money reasons, then have Arturo play FS and have a rookie play SS...whether that be Sean Jones, Stewart Schweigert, or MY favorite, Bob Sanders. IF we do get a first and third for Ogun (big IF) then we could probably use one of the 3rds on one of those guys.

Originally posted by unclemonty
Good news indeed!!!
I'd hate to lose a young promising talent like him. I'm actually shocked he's returning after the treatment he received last year. He definitely should take Marion's spot if he starts. He fits in MUCH better at Free Safety than Strong Safety.
More good news!!!!!!
I'm liking the start of this offseason a lot!!!!!

I don't see where this guy has been mistreated at all!
He wanted to start.
He wasn't ready!
That's not mistreatment, it's the reality of the game!
If he's ready to step up now fantastic, but whether he starts or not is up to HIM!

Yes!!!! bring Freeman back, i hope we keep all our backfield though, including Marion.

Originally posted by ckparrothead
No, sorry man. You don't trade first day draft picks for old Safeties with big contracts. It is just not done. The Safety position just isn't that important in the NFL anymore unless you've gotten yourself an All-Pro like Ed Reed, Roy Williams, or Sean Taylor (soon to be All-Pro). Those kind of guys redefine the position for you. Marion does not.

Given what I said I think thats a pretty good reason to dump both Marion and Knight for money reasons, then have Arturo play FS and have a rookie play SS...whether that be Sean Jones, Stewart Schweigert, or MY favorite, Bob Sanders. IF we do get a first and third for Ogun (big IF) then we could probably use one of the 3rds on one of those guys.

I agree 100%

Back
Top Bottom