Merged: Avatars | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Avatars

dolphans1

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Listen Guys and Gals,

I am really struggling with changing my Avitar and I am really good with computers, but can someone explain why its so hard to do on here, and what is the trick...?

Must I delete the current one while trying to upload or save the new one or something else?

Thanks.....

d-1

Shouldn't be difficult. Just click on the "User CP" up near the top and then click "Edit Avatar" on the left panel. Then select "Use New Avatar" and past the URL for the avater or upload a new one. Although, I don't think I've ever uploaded one. I usually just call it from a URL.

Yeah I am trying to upload a new one, and I get an invalid error file message, and its under the kib requirements.

d-1

Okay the resolution is 152X152, size 47.2 kibs, I will try and take a screen shoot and post, but I have to ask, how do I post a screen shot on here, can I upload it, or must I tie it to a link?

d-1

You can either upload it to a Photobucket account or some other image hosting site and link the image or you can save the image to your hard drive and use the attachment option when you post a message.

Wow I uploaded as attachment and I guess it didn't take.

I can't even add an attachment, here is the error message I get.

This should be extremely easy to do and I am puzzled as to why I am struggling.

I am using Linux and Firefox browser , but can't imagine that would be the issue.

Again I repeat, this should be so very easy to do and I am sorry to flood the site with these posts.

Invalid File.jpeg:
This is not a valid image file.
Sum of all attachments owned by dolphans1: 0

Believe it or not, I tried to do that, I am booting into windows to see if that is the issue...

d-1

Just tried on Windows 7 and it failed to, I get Invalid file, very weird, I have uploaded thousands of pic on line and have never experienced an issue like this. Very strange.

Do you have to be a paying member to upload an Avatar....?

That is the only other thing I can think of.

Again, this should be so extremely easy to do.

d-1

Even on windows 7 I get this message, Invalid File.

I will try IE and see if that works.

d-1

Back
Top Bottom