Merged:bedard to seattle almost finalized | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged:bedard to seattle almost finalized

King Felix

live it up have no worries
Reaction score
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3218624

bedard for adam jones, george sherrill, tillman and another prospect

im so-so on this trade...jones is the next big thing, and sherrill was one of the best relievers in the game last year, ask all lefties...but felix and bedard makes such a good 1-2 punch, one of the best in the league.....now ibanez goes from being full time DH back to left field. not so good

bedard for adam jones, george sherrill, tillman and another prospect

im so-so on this trade...jones is the next big thing, and sherrill was one of the best relievers in the game last year, ask all lefties...but felix and bedard makes such a good 1-2 punch, one of the best in the league.....now ibanez goes from being full time DH back to left field. not so good

If the M's can sign Berdard, I think it's a win/win for both teams as Jones is going to be a star. Nowadays you ALWAYS trade a position player prospect for a top notch pitcher, always.

I wouldn't get too hung up on Sherrill, yeah he was good last year but they vary way too much from year to year.

As for Berdard, the only thing I'd be worried about if I were Seattle is that he's never thrown 200 innings yet, is already 28 or 29 I believe and he has a history of injury problems. Of course you could have said the exact same thing about Beckett in the winter of '05 (minus the age difference) so who knows.

You're right a Berdard/King Felix is a very good 1/2 punch. I'm glad Berdard is out of the AL East if this trade happens.

If the M's can sign Berdard, I think it's a win/win for both teams as Jones is going to be a star. Nowadays you ALWAYS trade a position player prospect for a top notch pitcher, always.

I wouldn't get too hung up on Sherrill, yeah he was good last year but they vary way too much from year to year.

As for Berdard, the only thing I'd be worried about if I were Seattle is that he's never thrown 200 innings yet, is already 28 or 29 I believe and he has a history of injury problems. Of course you could have said the exact same thing about Beckett in the winter of '05 (minus the age difference) so who knows.

You're right a Berdard/King Felix is a very good 1/2 punch. I'm glad Berdard is out of the AL East if this trade happens.
if they dont sign him i quit....that is true about sherrill, but he will be missed...

The Orioles are NOT going to get a better deal for Bedard than this. Jones, who will be a star, and Chris Tillman, who should be a #2 or #3 starter, for Bedard (plus the other three guys, who have some value) is a monster deal. Bill Smith would kill to get a deal like that for Santana.

Thing is, I don't think the Mariners can afford to re-sign Bedard long term. Maybe they can, but frankly, this looks to me like trading their two best prospects (and three useful players/prospects) for two years of Erik Bedard. If they win the AL West in that time, well, maybe it's worth it. But I'm not nuts about this deal at all from the M's point of view.

Angelos is a riot. The guy is so bad it's embarrassing. If he really wanted to resign Bedard, why screw around all this time?

The Orioles are NOT going to get a better deal for Bedard than this. Jones, who will be a star, and Chris Tillman, who should be a #2 or #3 starter, for Bedard (plus the other three guys, who have some value) is a monster deal. Bill Smith would kill to get a deal like that for Santana.

Thing is, I don't think the Mariners can afford to re-sign Bedard long term. Maybe they can, but frankly, this looks to me like trading their two best prospects (and three useful players/prospects) for two years of Erik Bedard. If they win the AL West in that time, well, maybe it's worth it. But I'm not nuts about this deal at all from the M's point of view.

Angelos is a riot. The guy is so bad it's embarrassing. If he really wanted to resign Bedard, why screw around all this time?

The M's actually have money, they just spend it on crap (Sexson, Weaver, Washburn, Batista, etc). Actually I believe Sexson is a FA after 2008 season, the M's could probably use that money plus some more to sign Berdard.

The M's actually have to sign Berdard long term if they're going to give up those guys, it would be counterproductive if they didn't.

Theres really no need to even think about signing Bedard yet as he wont get to UFA status for another 3 years including the upcoming one. Thats why the O's think they may be able to get more. I think theyre nuts but they can think it if they want.

Mariners to Trade for Eric Bedard

This would solidify our pitching staff. If only we could find someone to take Richie Sexon's contract, we'd be in serious business. :lol:

I hate to lose Adam Jones, he's a great prospect, but this also frees up right field for a certain Griffey to come back to Seattle. :D

As an Angels can not sure how I feel about this, though I dont think it makes Seattle good enough to win the division. ;)

As an Angels can not sure how I feel about this, though I dont think it makes Seattle good enough to win the division. ;)

Me neither, I think it was either Neyer or Law that said Berdard to the M's give them 3 to 5 more wins. Seattle still has major ? marks even if the deal goes through.

This is an interesting one. Seattle is a better park to pitch in than Camden yards. And EB's past years and stats are a tough call with him playing for a brutal owner and horrific front office, etc.

Change of scenery could be the ticket.

As far as O's go....if Bedard is gone, then B. Roberts wont be far behind I suspect.

Back
Top Bottom