MERGED: Bennett was offered to Fins??/Vikings offered trade | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Bennett was offered to Fins??/Vikings offered trade

nick19991 said:
Does this really matter? the draft is over and we have our RB, this story is irrelevant

That story is funny. I've read that the Vikings were actually more interested in Ronnie Brown than Braylon Edwards and had they traded for our 2nd overall pick, they wouldhave taken Brown as well.

Didn't Minn pick up a RB in the 4th as well. Fiason perhaps?? They are LOADED at the position in a saturated market. They may be forced to cut someone.

Noodle Arm said:
Hmmm let's see...Bennett or Brown?? :hmmm: Yep I think we made the right choice.

Bennett or Brown and Roth?? (2nd round pick) Yeah, we made the right choice.:D

That story was reported incorrectly. The Vikings offered Bennett straight up for the 2nd round pick the Dolphins got from KC for Surtain.

I think that the bottom line is that the Vikings were trying to low ball us much like the Chiefs tried. They probably wanted to test Saban since he's a rookie coach coupled witht he fact that Miami still has Mr. Panic/Overpay Rick Spielman on the team. I'm sure that we're gaining respect in the league now that Saban is showing that he can't be so easily manipulated. I expect better trade offers next year.

KuchaMucha said:
I think that the bottom line is that the Vikings were trying to low ball us much like the Chiefs tried. They probably wanted to test Saban since he's a rookie coach coupled witht he fact that Miami still has Mr. Panic/Overpay Rick Spielman on the team. I'm sure that we're gaining respect in the league now that Saban is showing that he can't be so easily manipulated. I expect better trade offers next year.

It's a sad state of affairs when a moron like Mike Tice thinks he can get the best of you.

josephreese said:
I haven't read the story, but it could have been a 2006 2nd-round pick.

No it couldn't. It says they would have drafted Nugent.

jlfin said:
It's a sad state of affairs when a moron like Mike Tice thinks he can get the best of you.
Does anyone bother to read all the posts in the thread? As previously stated, the Vikes did not ask for Surtain, Surtain was already traded. The trade was Bennett for the Dolphins 2nd rounder they got from the Chiefs.

They now have Bennett, Moore, Smith, Williams, and Fason, and I am sorry, all are great, one has to go, no team carries 5 backs. If we needed we could wait it out and get one for free.

Phinsdude said:
They now have Bennett, Moore, Smith, Williams, and Fason, and I am sorry, all are great, one has to go, no team carries 5 backs. If we needed we could wait it out and get one for free.

I agree, they have 5 solid backs. I'm sure some of the other teams are waiting to see which one becomes available. It seems that Minn. has already tried to shop some of these guys. But teams are just going to wait and see who gets cut.

How Dumb are the Vikings

A little birdie says the Vikings last weekend offered running back Michael Bennett to Miami, where ex-Vikings offensive coordinator Scott Linehan works, for cornerback Patrick Surtain and the Dolphins' second-round draft pick.
-- St. Paul Pioneer Press

How could we give them our 2nd round pick and patrick surtain to them for bennett? when we had already traded surtain to the chiefs in order to get a 2nd round pick.

Plus IMO we would have gotten the raw end of the deal if we where even able to do that.

Back
Top Bottom