Merged: Brady Quinn | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Brady Quinn

Winbaby#23 said:
I agree totally .. also we will have our franchise qb when we draft Darryl Hackney in the third round.;)
I don't follow college (wife would divorce me if I watch any more ball!). So I don't know him, but I agree something like that will happen. Nick will mine us a gem that is less known than Leinhart, Young, Quinn, etc., if we don't get Cutler.

nick1 said:
Jay Cutler is our future QB even if we have to trade up a little to get him, he is a can't miss QB
I like Cutler but there's no such thing as a sure thing in football kid.....I know you're only 17 so I'll be nice.....nothing's for sure in life and that includes football.

Ozzy rules!!
:rockon: :guitar:

Winbaby#23 said:
I agree totally .. also we will have our franchise qb when we draft Darryl Hackney in the third round.;)
So a 6'1 QB is our future? well, anything's posible I guess but I'm not holding my breath that he's the answer.

Ozzy rules!!
:rockon: :guitar:

PassRush said:
Yes, I am gay for Brady Quinn but I refuse to not call him a realistic option. For all we know in the first game at Notre Dame he tears his ACL or something and drops to the middle of the first. It has happend before. What if he has an awfull game then turns around and lays an egg in the senior bowl? So manny things can happen, it is way too early to call him out of reach.

I'm happy you're gay for Brady, but the guy is a top 5 pick barring injury. Banking on a torn ACL or a bad year is not a good draft strategy.

Pocoloco said:
It's looking that way. We're a 10+ win team from now on, leaping into the top 5 to pick up Quinn next year is simply unrealistic.

I agree, and even though there may have to be a little bit of waiting for Cutler to be ready, he could be a very good QB for us.

Dolphins_SR66 said:
Wow, HYPE amazes even me sometimes.!!!!!!

Yeah that "Cutler is a can't miss" line really made me chuckle. The last truly can't miss QB was Elway.

The only way Quinn becomes a real possibility is if Saban falls in love THIS YEAR with a guy who he knows won't get drafted until the 2nd round. He would have to have someone as the absolute highest rated player available on his board when we pick, yet know that he will fall (maybe Cromartie, Carpenter, Jean-Gilles?), but Saban doesn't think the guy will make it to our pick in the 2nd. If that happens he could trade down and say give up our 1st for someone's early 2nd and their 1st next year. That's the only way we have a realistic shot.

And it's extremely unlikely that the highest rated guy on Saban's board when the draft gets to us is someone that all the other teams don't value enough to take in the 1st.

So, no we probably can't get Quinn.

I like Cutler too, not crazy about him and will not say he is a lock to be a good or even great starter yet! Brady Quinn looks to be a great quarterback, but he wouldn't be the first to have a less than spectacular follow up season, look at what happened to Dan Marino at Pitt in his senior season. Marino fell all the way to the 27th pick in the draft, I believe it was and the rest is history. If Quinn has another season like this year he will be a good bet to be a #1 pick and someone will trade up for him. So he will be gone long before the Dolphins pick

Dude we have to have Brady Quinn..........so we can see his hot sister

SHWING!

next year we will be picking at the bottom of the draft the only way it could happen is if next year we trade our 1st rounder and a player to move up in the draft, its not entirely impossible.

Back
Top Bottom