Merged: Brady Quinn | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Brady Quinn

BlueFin said:
Maybe so, but if he gets hurt, or if he has a bad year, he could cost himself millions. I would say hes a top 20 guy this year.

It will not surprise me if he changes his mind in the next few days, if the rookie wage scale gets put into place for 2007, he will lose a lot of money in the front end of his career by staying in college for 2006.

Top 20? I would be astonished if he made it past 10. I would take him ahead of Linehart or Young in half a second

***All Members Please Read - Forum Changes!***
Hello Everyone!

Because the staff at FinHeaven is always looking for better ways to organize, and streamline the site, we've decided to re-structure a portion of it.
You'll notice that what was once the College| Draft Forum has now been split.
We've renamed the original forum to simply "College Football" and created a new forum called "Draft Forum". We are now in the process of moving threads around so that they are in the appropriate forums.
We've also created a new sub-forum within the General NFL forum, called "Free Agents".
We ask that you keep these forums in mind when posting, as we'd like to continue keeping the main Dolphins forum uncluttered, and pertaining to the current Dolphins team.

When posting, please keep these guidelines in mind:

Miami Dolphins - Please keeps threads related to current Dolphins players/staff etc here

College Football - Please keep threads related to current college teams/players/games here

Draft Forum - Please keep mock drafts/draft wish lists/potential draft picks, etc in here.

Free Agents - Please keep discussions about potential free agents here.

We realize that this may mean an adjustment for everyone, but we feel that in the long run it will make things easier for all of us. Not only will it make it "cleaner" and uncluttered in the main forum, but it will also make it easier to find the FA discussions, mock drafts etc...

If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to contact the Staff either by PM or by posting in the Questions and Comments forum.

Thanks in advance for your anticipated cooperation, and we look forward to an active offseason of improving our Dolphins through free agency and the draft, and an exciting 2006 football season!

WharfRat

Phinfan99 said:
He stays for next years draft he will be the first pick.

No guarantees, Notre Dame may have a rough year or maybe Quinn has a Marino like college year that was considered a regression. John Walsh was considered a lock to go top 10 and the following year was drafted 7th round by cinncy. The combine and workouts do alot to change guys that are graded high one year and then drop once scrutinized. I remember an article about whether Tyrone Wheatly or Walsh would go first overall then the following season that discussion was over.

---------------- Brady Quinn in 2007: Stop Dreaming!

I've read a few times lately that Saban may wait to draft Quinn in 2007 to be our "franchise QB".

Stop dreaming....

1) Quinn will more likely be a Top 5 pick in 2007. He'll be out of reach for us (ala Leinart/Young this year).

2) Speculation that we'll stockpile draft picks in order to "move up" to get Quinn is ludicrous. First, we have numerous needs now for those draft picks; Second, Saban's philosophy (and Mueller's) doesn't equate with trading LOTS of valuable draft picks to move into the Top 5. Third, it's too speculative (even with the draft picks to move up, you have to have a willing trading partner, not a guarantee).

So please :pray:, stop referring to Quinn as a "realistic" option for our long-term QB needs. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Mile High Fin said:
I've read a few times lately that Saban may wait to draft Quinn in 2007 to be our "franchise QB".

Stop dreaming....

1) Quinn will more likely be a Top 5 pick in 2007. He'll be out of reach for us (ala Leinart/Young this year).

2) Speculation that we'll stockpile draft picks in order to "move up" to get Quinn is ludicrous. First, we have numerous needs now for those draft picks; Second, Saban's philosophy (and Mueller's) doesn't equate with trading LOTS of valuable draft picks to move into the Top 5. Third, it's too speculative (even with the draft picks to move up, you have to have a willing trading partner, not a guarantee).

So please :pray:, stop referring to Quinn as a "realistic" option for our long-term QB needs. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
I agree totally .. also we will have our franchise qb when we draft Darryl Hackney in the third round.;)

Mile High Fin said:

Stop dreaming....

:yeahthat:

Winbaby#23 said:
I agree totally .. also we will have our franchise qb when we draft Darryl Hackney in the third round.;)

Good Thinking!

Jay Cutler is our future QB even if we have to trade up a little to get him, he is a can't miss QB

nick1 said:
Jay Cutler is our future QB even if we have to trade up a little to get him, he is a can't miss QB

It's looking that way. We're a 10+ win team from now on, leaping into the top 5 to pick up Quinn next year is simply unrealistic.

nick1 said:

No such thing as a "can't miss" QB, but I do agree about wanting Cutler, I feel like he's gonna turn out to be a really good one.

Yes, I am gay for Brady Quinn but I refuse to not call him a realistic option. For all we know in the first game at Notre Dame he tears his ACL or something and drops to the middle of the first. It has happend before. What if he has an awfull game then turns around and lays an egg in the senior bowl? So manny things can happen, it is way too early to call him out of reach.

re:

The Fins could get him. They'd have to sell the farm to do it, and that'll never happen. But they COULD.

Back
Top Bottom